How To Watch Sunday’s Games On IPAD or Apple TV

JoeFan

I will be out of state on Sunday.  What is the best way to watch the championship games on my IPad?  I do have the CBS Sports and Fox Now apps on the iPad.  Will these apps do the trick?  

There is an APPLE TV where I will be, but it doesn’t have the logical apps, such as Paramount+.

I have Optimum as my cable provider, and used to be able to just google “Watch NFL games.Iive,” or something similar, and the games would come up by simply selecting Optimum from a list of cable providers.  However, this didn’t work the last time I was away.

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide.  

9 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I will be out of state on Sunday.  What is the best way to watch the championship games on my IPad?  I do have the CBS Sports and Fox Now apps on the iPad.  Will these apps do the trick?  

There is an APPLE TV where I will be, but it doesn’t have the logical apps, such as Paramount+.

I have Optimum as my cable provider, and used to be able to just google “Watch NFL games.Iive,” or something similar, and the games would come up by simply selecting Optimum from a list of cable providers.  However, this didn’t work the last time I was away.

you're probably able to watch using your cable login on the streaming service for the channel it's on.

If there is an AppleTV you can download a subscription app and do a free trial, just make sure you cancel after so you don't get billed. There is no such thing as the device not having the app. You just download the app to the device once you get there. The fact that you are out of market for a playoff game doesn't matter. YouTubeTV, Fubo...etc.

4 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Boomer spotted

download the Optimum TV app you can cast it to your Apple TV from your iPad gramps

Hey, at least I got to watch our one Super Bowl, LOL.  Then again, I did have to get out of my chair to change the channel.
And thank you.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

If there is an AppleTV you can download a subscription app and do a free trial, just make sure you cancel after so you don't get billed. There is no such thing as the device not having the app. You just download the app to the device once you get there. The fact that you are out of market for a playoff game doesn't matter. YouTubeTV, Fubo...etc.

Thank you very much.

Hey, at least I got to watch our one Super Bowl, LOL.  Then again, I did have to get out of my chair to change the channel.
And thank you.

Don’t forget listening to the AFL Championship game on radio while watching tv with volume off. At least we heard the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, GKnight83 said:

Don’t forget listening to the AFL Championship game on radio while watching tv with volume off. At least we heard the end of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I organized a group of my fraternity friends to travel to a motel in Connecticut so that we could watch the game.  The motel was just outside the 75 mile blackout range.  I remember that Namath went something like 19 for 52 in the incredible winds at Shea.   He threw a late bomb to Maynard, who made a great catch.  Those were the days.  The young guys probably cannot believe the extent to which people had to go to watch the damn games.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I use iPads/iPhones and Apple TV with a projector. 

The apps will work and that's the way to go. Although I have peacock for NBC, paramount+ for cbs and fox sports for fox. You may have to authenticate your cable subscription. 

23 hours ago, JoeFan said:

Sportsurge

12 hours ago, JoeFan said:

I organized a group of my fraternity friends to travel to a motel in Connecticut so that we could watch the game.  The motel was just outside the 75 mile blackout range.  I remember that Namath went something like 19 for 52 in the incredible winds at Shea.   He threw a late bomb to Maynard, who made a great catch.  Those were the days.  The young guys probably cannot believe the extent to which people had to go to watch the damn games.

Yep.  Those were the days.  I am a bit younger - was 7 at the time.

My Dad and some of his friends were Raider fans.  They already had bought tickets, plane tickets and hotel reservations for SB3.

Dont ask me how a bunch of guys from Brooklyn become Raider fans.

Anyway, works out great for me being the sole Jet fan.  Hs friends wanted to scalp tickets and I got to do with Dad to Miami!

• Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, JoeFan said:

That is a  cool recollection.

It would be good to collect stories of every Jet fan old enough to remember anything from the actual game SB3, where they watched it, what happened to them on the day and how the city reacted to Jets Super Bowl win.  Did US soldiers in Vietnam get to listen to the game live on Armed Forces Radio?