What do you guys think...there's talk down here in South Florida

15 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

no, it doesn't - not even close. You guys haven't been paying attention. And it won't cost $100 million either - man - do you guys like to make up stuff just to b*tch about it? 

Are you saying that the jets will not have to give up a lot to trade for rogers? Hence mortgaging the future? The contract situation has nothing to do with mortgaging the future. Maybe you didnt understand in the first place? The point was what you have to give up to get him, not the contract.

and there is no bitching here, just facts

17 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Imagine Aaron Rodgers trying to decide between living in New Jersey or Miami?

Why pay low taxes and enjoy warm weather while throwing to Hill and Waddle, when he can freeze his a** off, get taxed to death throwing to GW and Berrios?

Any reasonable individual would pick NJ

On 1/28/2023 at 8:11 AM, jetspenguin said:

Are you saying that the jets will not have to give up a lot to trade for rogers? Hence mortgaging the future? The contract situation has nothing to do with mortgaging the future. Maybe you didnt understand in the first place? The point was what you have to give up to get him, not the contract.

and there is no bitching here, just facts

OK, my bad. But it won't cost too much - probably a 2 this year and a conditional pick next year based on performance. He's 39. Plus, it won't mortgage our future because we have a bunch of young great players. It will help our future immensely if Arod can help develop Zach. It's only 1 player this year and 1 next year tops - and probably only one #1 pick.

On 1/27/2023 at 3:47 PM, Green Ghost said:

Imagine Aaron Rodgers trying to decide between living in New Jersey or Miami?

Why pay low taxes and enjoy warm weather while throwing to Hill and Waddle, when he can freeze his a** off, get taxed to death throwing to GW and Berrios?

After spending 20 years playing on the frozen tundra, New Jersey will SEEM like Miami! If it's good enough for migrating geese, it's good enough for this old gobbler too.

31 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

OK, my bad. But it won't cost too much - probably a 2 this year and a conditional pick next year based on performance. He's 39. Plus, it won't mortgage our future because we have a bunch of young great players. It will help our future immensely if Arod can help develop Zach. It's only 1 player this year and 1 next year tops - and probably only one #1 pick.

The problem is when it comes to picks and there are more than the Jets bidding for his services.  It could get costly.

3 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

The problem is when it comes to picks and there are more than the Jets bidding for his services.  It could get costly.

I just don't think many teams are going to want him. They know that he will most likely play two more years. If the roster isn't ready to win now then it won't make sense. Based on the fact that our D is so good, we are ready to win now. Not only that, we have a young QB that needs help so he becomes extremely valuable to us. Also, he won't be traded in conference, so that leaves very few teams on the table that are ready to win now AND don't have a QB already.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Hmmm.........you still have hope for Zack huh? LOL I had a whole other thing I was going to say while reading your response and then I saw that and well.........I think you lose some credibility by adding that part in there. You almost had me.

But the compensation you referenced I would be fine with, just dont think that is going to cut it. 

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I just don't think many teams are going to want him. They know that he will most likely play two more years. If the roster isn't ready to win now then it won't make sense. Based on the fact that our D is so good, we are ready to win now. Not only that, we have a young QB that needs help so he becomes extremely valuable to us. Also, he won't be traded in conference, so that leaves very few teams on the table that are ready to win now AND don't have a QB already.

I understand that, but all it takes is one other team.  Just like last year when we were bidding for Hill with the Dolphins.  I doubt Tua will be viable for them...there's talk already down here about Rodgers.

6 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

I understand that, but all it takes is one other team.  Just like last year when we were bidding for Hill with the Dolphins.  I doubt Tua will be viable for them...there's talk already down here about Rodgers.

They don't even have a #1 this year - we can offer more and have deeper pockets. Also, Rodgers girlfriend I believe lives in New York City and his former OC is under our employ. No brainer if he gets traded IMO.

On 1/27/2023 at 4:56 PM, Beerfish said:

I actually disagree with this.  I think we will be the only serious suitor, Douglas better have a plan B if Rodgers is plan A and we better not be bidding against ourselves.

If it is not Tua in Miami imo it is Brady.

He’s going to be 40 years old, he will be injury prone and Jets probably can’t protect him, this will end up a disaster that would set 7s back seasons after  Rodgers retires after 1-2 seasons in Joisey during which time we have no high draft picks.

it’s crazy.

9 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

I agree. 

Tennessee and Indy are the only two teams I can think of that would want him. Indy is in position to draft a QB. The Titans I think will be our main competition for Rodgers assuming GB will want him in the AFC.

For Carr, I think Washington and Tampa if they lose Brady.

• Upvote 1