Justin Fields trade rumors

Bronx

1 hour ago, VJphillyfan said:

Fields can’t read defenses and is inaccurate.  Congratulations he pretended to be a running back for 10 games and got injured a bunch of times.

I'm not going to waste my time trying to persuade you because you will just respond with canned BS. TIm Jenkins (who was not a Fields fan prior to the draft) covered all his games this season on his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AllThingsQB

You should watch these before or game film instead of watching a few highlights and making grand declarations. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, JiFields said:

A player on the worst team in Football, who missed a game, accounted for the same amount of TD's as an entire Football team and that's not saying much?  lmfao  okay....not sure how, I mean, the point of the game is to score but I digress.  The narratives are strong in this debate.

And Sam's situation was 100x better than Fields.  I mean, not even remotely comparable IMO.  And I'm saying that w/ the opinion that the Jets failure of Darnold, is up there as one of the worst examples of supporting a young QB but nowhere near as bad as what Bears did to Fields this year.  It was so bad, it seemed intentional.

Darnold had 2 mote TDs in his second year on 130 more attempts, Fields had the higher TD%. Jesus christ people, it takes less than a minute to look this stuff up on Google. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DarnSa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FielJu00.htm

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Darnold had 2 mote TDs in his second year on 130 more attempts, Fields had the higher TD%. Jesus christ people, it takes less than a minute to look this stuff up on Google. 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/D/DarnSa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FielJu00.htm

10 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Have you? Brissett isn't much of a runner. 

Justin Fields is trash.  The bears are going nowhere with that guy.  Keep trying to convince yourself otherwise because 2 years ago you said he’d be a franchise qb

Edited by VJphillyfan
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, VJphillyfan said:

Justin Fields is trash.  The bears are going nowhere with that guy.  Keep trying to convince yourself otherwise because 2 years ago you said he’d be a franchise qb

Duh duh duh, I just like to keep repeating the same drivel because I can't articulate a legitimate argument when presented with evidence. I'm just going to block you and spare myself from the aggravation of reading your trolling. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Duh duh duh, I just like to keep repeating the same drivel because I can't articulate a legitimate argument when presented with evidence. I'm just going to block you and spare myself from the aggravation of reading your trolling. 

I keep repeating myself because it’s the truth.  If you want I can get lost in your fantasy world where Justin Fields isn’t a very mediocre NFL QB

29 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm not going to waste my time trying to persuade you because you will just respond with canned BS. TIm Jenkins (who was not a Fields fan prior to the draft) covered all his games this season on his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@AllThingsQB

You should watch these before or game film instead of watching a few highlights and making grand declarations. 

So how many first round picks should we give up for Justin Credible?

2 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Saying that is not owning the bad comp though is it?

One more time… the Brissett/ Fields comp was dumb. Own it.

No it’s not. Neither one of them is a particularly good thrower.  You’re just mad that Justin Fields is considered a bust by even his own team

The more I look into fields the more impressed I am. He isn’t where you would want him to be after 2 years in the pocket but he’s improving which is what matters.  This video ends the debate of if he’s a running back and paints a very bright picture of his future. Don’t reply to this by disagreeing with the video without actually watching it.  There will be a quiz. 

Don’t worry, it’s just a link to YouTube 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

No it’s not. Neither one of them is a particularly good thrower.  You’re just mad that Justin Fields is considered a bust by even his own team

Why would I be mad about anyone considering Fields a bust? 
I’m just telling you your comp was awful. You seem incapable of realizing that has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of him (which I haven’t given) as a QB.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I'm just tired of dealing with the horsesh!t narratives and comments about Fields. 

NFL's website had him as the 13th best QB by the end of the year. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-qb-index-ranking-all-32-teams-primary-starting-quarterbacks-at-the-end-of-th

PFN had him 18th (one below Carr)

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/qb-power-rankings-2022/

Is he a finished product as a passer? No. Is he a top 20 QB right now solely as a passer? Not yet, but he made a decent jump from his rookie year to year 2 while piloting the worst roster in the NFL and he's trending in the right direction.

As for all you old farts making "he's a running back" jokes, welcome to 2022. Lamar won an MVP a few years back and Hurts may win it this year. Running QBs are now a feature in the league, Fields just broke Lamar's rushing record for a single season and, IMO, Fields was a better passer coming out of college than Lamar or Hurts. 

Down vote me, block me, call me an idiot, IDGAF. A couple of us were screaming prior to the draft that the Jets were making a mistake passing on Fields for Cobra Kai and we were 100% right. 

100%.  I'm not making the argument that Fields has arrived as a passer.  He still has a long way to go but his year over year progression is solid and if you look beyond the stats and take the time to watch some break down, he's actually been quite good to great at times from the pocket, despite the offensive ineptitude.  

Which I think is the biggest thing that really makes me giggle specifically w/ this boards narratives, this place is notorious for blaming the weaponz, OL, coaching, system, you name it! and excusing the QB but completely disregard those factors in Justin Fields conversation.  At one point in the season, one of those fancy stat places were grading the Bears OL out as a bottom 5 pass blocking unit of the past decade and it's not like they improved as they lost players all year to injury.  Again, imagine if a young Qb for the NY Jets made this type of year over year progression and had a historic record breaking season, behind that OL w/ those weapons, playing for his second coaching staff, in his second year, playing for a defensive HC who hired a first time OC who was getting Matt LeFleur and Aaron Rodgers coffee for a few years.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

I own everything.  You guys can’t admit Fields isn’t good.

Jacoby Brissett has been in the NFL for 7 years and has 890 yards rushing.

Justin Fields just ran for 1200 yards in a season, the most ever for a QB.

It was a terrible comparison, just like your entire "take" on Justin Fields. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Jacoby Brissett has been in the NFL for 7 years and has 890 yards rushing.

Justin Fields just ran for 1200 yards in a season, the most ever for a QB.

It was a terrible comparison, just like your entire "take" on Justin Fields. 

Don’t you guys try to sneak another lousy first round bust qb and pass him off as good based on alternative facts.  The Bakers, the Wilsons, the Mariotas and now the Fields I for years said before they were even drafted would suck cawk in the NFL and if I was ever wrong about anything it’s that I didn’t state just how horrible all of them would become or how stupid they would make their fanboys look

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Fields is not close to jacoby brissett in throwing the football.  mot taking sacks and not turning it over.

Fields runs much better than Brissett.

Brissett just threw for  about 400 more yards this year in about 5 fewer games

It almost seems like the two of them have nothing in common, doesn’t it?

Imagine that @VJphillyfan

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

The more I look into fields the more impressed I am. He isn’t where you would want him to be after 2 years in the pocket but he’s improving which is what matters.  This video ends the debate of if he’s a running back and paints a very bright picture of his future. Don’t reply to this by disagreeing with the video without actually watching it.  There will be a quiz. 

Don’t worry, it’s just a link to YouTube 

Yep, love this break down. JT is fair as they come, showing the good w/ the bad and where the team/coaching failed him. 

A few plays that are just next level and why these surface level analysis are just silly talk...that play fake at the 6:20 mark is elite, the read dime he throws at 15:00 perfection, read and throw at 24, smooth.  These are showcases of elite passing skills.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

Don’t you guys try to sneak another lousy first round bust qb and pass him off as good based on alternative facts.  The Bakers, the Wilsons, the Mariotas and now the Fields I for years said before they were even drafted would suck cawk in the NFL and if I was ever wrong about anything it’s that I didn’t state just how horrible all of them would become or how stupid they would make their fanboys look

Excuse Me What GIF by Bounce

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, VJphillyfan said:

You have only been on this site for supposedly 5 months. How would we verify all this genius you profess? 

Fields hasn't proven he sucks.  He's played for a bad team.  His passing stats aren't good.  He has a great NFL body, he's a physical beast and he can throw the ball.  I'd rather take a shot with him than what we are likely to get.  I don't believer Rodgers, Carr or Garrapollo is coming here.  

JD is a value investor and Woody would like to make a splash but he's got the wrong GM to do it with.  Were going to get a Jag to replace Flacco, White may or may not sign with us and Zach will be here unless we get something decent back for him.  Fields might be a good option with fill in the blank vet JAG Douglas brings in.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, FootballLove said:

When I read this thread's title, I thought Bears are including Fields and #1 overall in a trade for Lamar. Kinda makes sense for both teams, especially if Ravens and Lamar just can't agree on a new contract. Just start over with a young 'Lamar' in Fields and see where it goes....

Ravens had Lamar 'helping' with the OC search.  Sounds like they are keeping him.