Ian Rapaport on WFAN regarding Jets qb (no mention of Bill Belichick being a scumbag)

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Based on absolutely nothing, but okay.

Based on his draft status and the coaches stated commitment to developing him. And unless we bring in a gut who will definitely be the starter (Rodgers or Carr) Zach will be given the opportunity to win the job of qb1. If you don't believe any of this you're fooling yourself. It's unfortunate (because i thibk zach sucks ass) but is what it is. 

What a great question

I don't think the answer is money...he has plenty

What about re-inventing himself? His abilities on the football field is not in question...he is probably a top 10 QB of all time.

I think getting away from GBay and restarting his career in NY just fits with a guy like this. A resurrection in the biggest market in the US just feeds into thst ego. And he would love working with Wilson/Moore/( possibly) Mims and B Hall plus whoever else JoeD acquires.

The cupboard isn't empty here, as it has been in past years.

Just my .02 cents

I think when it boils down to it Rodgers is the main target. 

7 hours ago, neckdemon said:

Based on his draft status and the coaches stated commitment to developing him. And unless we bring in a gut who will definitely be the starter (Rodgers or Carr) Zach will be given the opportunity to win the job of qb1. If you don't believe any of this you're fooling yourself. It's unfortunate (because i thibk zach sucks ass) but is what it is. 

Hmm. Weird, because I think assumptions are the mother if all folly. You may end up correct, but I have a wait and see philosophy and see no reason to resign myself to my own limited visibility into the situation.

To each their own. ?

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

Agree. But my point was that the statement “if Douglas really cared about developing a QB he wouldn’t have hired Saleh” is horsesh*t

Hiring a HC with a defensive background doesn’t mean you can’t develop a QB

It seems like many of the owners disagree with you, true or not. Wilks didn't get the job despite turning the team around because he's a defensive guy. There are only offensive HC left in the playoffs too. 

18 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Do the Jets potentially view Garoppolo’s injury as flukey and bad luck in origin rather than him being “injury prone.”

Or do they think he’s injury prone and are just hoping for the best?

I don’t think they’re ignorant to it. There are people with the team that acknowledge his injury history. There’s no scenario where it would just be Garoppolo and Wilson

2 minutes ago, Wit said:

It seems like many of the owners disagree with you, true or not. Wilks didn't get the job despite turning the team around because he's a defensive guy. There are only offensive HC left in the playoffs too. 

But what does that have to do with developing a QB . 

2 minutes ago, Wit said:

There are plenty of head coaches who did not have an offensive background that successfully developed QBs. 

There are plenty of head coaches who have an offensive background that didn’t develop QBs. 

I think the lean towards offensive coaches has more to do with where the league is going vs. ability/inability to oversee a QBs development 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Joe the Breadman said:

What a great question

I don't think the answer is money...he has plenty

What about re-inventing himself? His abilities on the football field is not in question...he is probably a top 10 QB of all time.

I think getting away from GBay and restarting his career in NY just fits with a guy like this. A resurrection in the biggest market in the US just feeds into thst ego. And he would love working with Wilson/Moore/( possibly) Mims and B Hall plus whoever else JoeD acquires.

The cupboard isn't empty here, as it has been in past years.

Just my .02 cents

I think when it boils down to it Rodgers is the main target. 

I think the consensus opinion on Rodgers is he should have won and/or been in more SBs. He doesn’t have time to amass many, but one trip to the SB with the Jets would crystallize him as the only QB who had the stuff to break the JWN curse.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don’t think they’re ignorant to it. There are people with the team that acknowledge his injury history. There’s no scenario where it would just be Garoppolo and Wilson

The MetLife turf and Jimmy G do not sound like a marriage that can last

6 minutes ago, football guy said:

I’d take 14 weeks if Jimmy G and 3 weeks of Mike White over what we trotted out this year. Beggars and choosers, etc.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Wit said:

DeMeco Ryans will be hired as HC by some team in the next couple of weeks. Quinn, if he wanted, would have been hired (guessing Jerry has told him he's the next 'boys HC if McCarthy doesn't get them late into the playoffs next season). Bears hired Eberflus last yr..

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think the consensus opinion on Rodgers is he should have won and/or been in more SBs. He doesn’t have time to amass many, but one trip to the SB with the Jets would crystallize him as the only QB who had the stuff to break the JWN curse.

This is his chance at a Mark Messier type closing act.

If A-Rod needs to be sold on the Jets, this should be the angle they push:

Franchise savior

Plays right into his ego and desire to be feted

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Is that true, hadn't heard they were replacing it  ? 

Yes. Detroit is too

Giants, Jets' MetLife Stadium to Replace Turf with New Artificial Grass in 2023

MetLife Stadium, home of the Giants and Jets, is in the process of reviewing proposals to replace the current FieldTurf that has come under fire in recent years.

The stadium, which currently is using a version of FieldTurf, is contemplating new synthetic surfaces, not the natural grass that players have publicly called for in recent weeks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35048971/metlife-stadium-replacing-surface-2023-not-grass

(CBS DETROIT) - The Detroit Lions are changing up their field with an upgraded synthetic turf.

According to a press release, the new turf will be installed by FieldTurf at Ford Field and the Allen Park practice facility. The fields will be upgraded to the FieldTurf CORE system, which is the first multi-layer dual-polymer monofilament fiber.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This my friend is key!!!!!

Winning in New York, something Farve didn’t do, would cement his legacy as being in the Brady and Manning conversations.  

Just now, Charlie Brown said:

This my friend is key!!!!!

Winning in New York, something Farve didn’t do, would cement his legacy as being in yhe Brady and Manning conversations.  

On the flipside if he flames out with the Jets he becomes the instant whipping boy for the media and fans and to some extent tarnishes his career legacy. If he was a QB who had never won the SB , then I could see him rolling the dice, sort of the Carr situation if you will. 

23 hours ago, Mogglez said:

“Hey Siri, who are the top NFL GM and Head Coach prospects for 2024?”

Prompt:  Write a lengthy essay regarding the top NFL GM and Head Coach prospects for 2024

Introduction

The National Football League is one of the most popular and competitive sports leagues in the world. Each year, teams are only as successful as their front office and coaching staff, which is why its important to evaluate the top GM and Head Coach prospects for 2024. These prospects have the skills and experience to lead their teams to victory and make a lasting impact on their franchises. In this essay, we will look at the top GM and Head Coach prospects for 2024, their respective backgrounds and qualifications, and why they should be considered among the best in the NFL.

General Managers

When evaluating the top General Manager prospects for 2024, there are a few names that come to mind. The first is Mike Tannenbaum, who currently works for the New York Jets. Tannenbaum has been in the NFL for over 20 years and has a proven track record of success. He is an expert in player personnel, contract negotiation, and salary cap management, making him a strong candidate for a GM position.

Another top candidate is Eric DeCosta, the current GM of the Baltimore Ravens. DeCosta has worked in the NFL for over 20 years and has been the GM of the Ravens since 2019. He has a strong track record of finding talent and making savvy moves in the draft and free agency, making him a great choice for a GM position.

Finally, George Paton should also be considered among the top GM prospects for 2024. Paton currently works for the Minnesota Vikings and has been in the NFL for over 20 years. He has a great eye for talent and the ability to make the best moves possible for the team, making him an ideal GM candidate.

Head Coaches

When evaluating the top Head Coach prospects for 2024, a few names come to mind. The first is Matt Patricia, who currently works as the defensive coordinator for the New England Patriots. Patricia has been in the NFL for over 10 years and has a great track record of success as a defensive coordinator. He is an expert in game planning and strategy, making him a great choice for a head coaching job.

Another top candidate is Jim Harbaugh, the current head coach of the Michigan Wolverines. Harbaugh has been in the NFL for over 15 years and is an expert in offensive and defensive strategies. He has a proven track record of success, making him a great choice for a head coaching job.

Finally, Brian Flores should also be considered among the top Head Coach prospects for 2024. Flores currently works as the defensive coordinator for the Miami Dolphins and has been in the NFL for over 10 years. He has a strong track record of success and is an expert in game planning and strategy, making him an ideal head coaching candidate.

Conclusion

In conclusion, the top GM and Head Coach prospects for 2024 are Mike Tannenbaum, Eric DeCosta, George Paton, Matt Patricia, Jim Harbaugh, and Brian Flores. Each one of these individuals has the experience and qualifications needed to lead their teams to success. They are all excellent candidates for GM and Head Coach positions and should be strongly considered for any open positions.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I think the consensus opinion on Rodgers is he should have won and/or been in more SBs.

I would argue that this is because Rodgers, unlike Brady, was always compensated at the top end of the range. He did not take one for the team like Brady did.  Rodgers also had more endorsements than the cheater.  

GB has also been a great drafting team.  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Biggs said:

How is the guy who hired the staff, was in on the decision on who to draft and who plays   Not responsible for results?

Because Saleh hires an assistant to say coach the OL or mentor the QB while he could get canned if it all doesn’t work out it’s not the HCs job.  Belichick isn’t out on the field correcting drop backs or checking release points of QBs.  HCs can’t be everywhere coaching.  

38 minutes ago, varjet said:

I would argue that this is because Rodgers, unlike Brady, was always compensated at the top end of the range. He did not take one for the team like Brady did.  Rodgers also had more endorsements than the cheater.  

GB has also been a great drafting team.  

Agree.

Other elements as well. For example, the Pats basically got a cake walk to the playoffs every year of Brady’s tenure. Our division was mostly awful. Once in the tournament anything can happen, but Brady’s situation couldn’t have been more ideal for trips to the tournament. 

After that, you really have to credit Brady and Bill. They know how to game plan and are a patient, disciplined team. 

Packers, while good, had a tough division (most of the time) and didn’t really have a coaching staff that rose to the same level as Aaron.

Anyway, all that aside, he’d go from “great QB” to “legend” if he won here.

49 minutes ago, varjet said:

It does not, but it is harder, and the odds are against it. 

I think if Knapp survived, I think the story is different. 

It amazes me how the legend of Greg Knapp has grown since his unfortunate passing.

I had no idea before it happened he was an all time great QB whisperer. (In fact, like 99% of NFL fans, I’d never heard of him)

10 hours ago, football guy said:

I think what happened to the Niners today has to give teams reason to pause. Your 4th string QB gets hurt and you lose the championship game. Durability definitely matters. If Wilson showed more promise I think Jimmy G would make sense. But they need a clear # 1 with hopes he plays every game. Wilson should get the red shirt year.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

It amazes me how the legend of Greg Knapp has grown since his unfortunate passing.

I had no idea before it happened he was an all time great QB whisperer. (In fact, like 99% of NFL fans, I’d never heard of him)

I am one of the ones that always said Knapp's passing had a huge negative impact on Zach. Not that Knapp was a QB whisperer it was just the timing of it all. So close to the season, after they had started working together. Really messed things up going into that first camp.

9 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Idk about all that. A lot of us were amped with the news that he was joining the staff. He was a historically great QB coach