Ian Rapaport on WFAN regarding Jets qb (no mention of Bill Belichick being a scumbag)

16 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Allen is a hell of a lot better than Wilson for starters.  The only time I would ever hire a defensive HC is if I have a veteran starter.  

Not all, but most, defensive HC's are conservative on offense with young QBs and tend to not want them to lose the game instead of letting them try to win the game. 

Offensive HC's are the opposite for the most part. 

All of that being said, the issue with Wilson is not on coaching. He should never have been drafted that high in the 1st place and even when he was he should of sat at least a year. Both of those things are front office issues. 

Since when was the conversation about Wilson lol? The point flew right over your head

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So every morning this week Shefty and the ESPN panel discussing Rodgers to the Jets.  
Now the response from NFLNs Ian Rapaport is forget Rodgers, it’s Jimmy G.

Flies to honey

I could be wrong - for the past 3 years around this time, Shefter has started the Rodgers talk. Then all the ESPN TV & radio shows talk about it everyday for months. 

Granted this yr there could be some truth to AR being done in GB. 

Just seems to be the ESPN playbook - they did the same thing with Favre. Hell they camped out in Mississippi every off-season. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I do not know the man. Perhaps he he has been a big fish in a small town and tired of that? Perhaps he feels that if he can turn this franchise around, he will create a legacy that is near Namathesque. 

Again, I can't get in the man's head. Not sure he DOES want to come here.

He's a guy who's revered up in GB with little to none media and fan discord and yet he's still talked about hanging it up. What happens when comes here and gets hounded every day from the minute he steps into Florham park. Do you think our fans and media let him get away with the RELAX type if stuff. 

3 hours ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

Just let the QB situation play itself out. Everything you hear thus far is rumors and here say. Other than Zach Wilson being the starter next season, pretty much every conceivable scenario is on the board from Rodgers, Jackson, Carr,  Brady, and Jimmy G. Heck I wouldn’t even rule out as unlikely as it is, a trade for Fields. We can always bitch and moan after the fact.

How many years have we all been watching the NFL?  GM's never tell you what's going on.... what they really think.... and what they wind up doing.  Why would they?    Hopefully when the new season arrives, we will be happily surprised and like what we see.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

He's a guy who's revered up in GB with little to none media and fan discord and yet he's still talked about hanging it up. What happens when comes here and gets hounded every day from the minute he steps into Florham park. Do you think our fans and media let him get away with the RELAX type if stuff. 

As I said, I don't know the man and what drives him.  Why would I be the one to suggest what he wants in his life? Or you? Every one is wired differently.

19 minutes ago, football guy said:

Since when was the conversation about Wilson lol? The point flew right over your head

You said, "what differs between McDermott and Saleh", when it comes to developing QB's. Allen is better than Wilson. The Bills front office got the selection correct, the Jets front office didn't. That's what differs.

2 hours ago, football guy said:

I think Option 2 will be Jimmy G. It’s not because they hate Carr, rather trust Jimmy more and he gives them more flexibility. I think they would put more of an effort into signing Mike White as insurance in this scenario given that they don’t really know which Zach Wilson they will be getting come June, and he would be a nice little hedge if Jimmy were to miss games. 

Do the Jets potentially view Garoppolo’s injury as flukey and bad luck in origin rather than him being “injury prone.”

Or do they think he’s injury prone and are just hoping for the best?

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

McDermott isn’t a cheerleader.

yes u right, BUT, you have Gase and darnold in there, and you have Daboll (appears as real brains) and Beane using free agency year after Josh broke rookie interception record by getting the TOP FIVE free agent offensive linemen

1 hour ago, JetsRay said:

How so?  Just because Saleh isn't an offensive coach has no relevance to not wanting to developing a franchise QB or any other position. That is what a strong offensive coaching staff would be for.

I believe Saleh's value is his ability to lead men, and is not just a defensive coordinator playing the role of HC.

Relevance of too lead men?   Relevance of actual results?   Wanting and being able to are not the same thing.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Because a HC sits around all day teaching QBs?  
What in McDermotts history, or Belichicks, Harbaugh etc, etc that says they would be able to develop their one QB?  
That was supposed to be Knapp job.  

How is the guy who hired the staff, was in on the decision on who to draft and who plays   Not responsible for results?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

Allen is a hell of a lot better than Wilson for starters.  The only time I would ever hire a defensive HC is if I have a veteran starter.  

He didn’t start out that way. He was terrible in his first season and there were doubts he would work out. But they developed him 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Nothing "guarantees" that, no matter how many times grown men wail about it on the internet.

The Jets literally have Zach on the roster. They need a new starter, but it stands to reason they also need another QB. We cannot go into the season with a 2-player QB room.

i mean since he has been a starer he has only played all the games in 1 full season of the 5. he's played 62% of the games. so history says he will very likely miss games. besides that he is damaged goods anyway. he has had a number of different injuries. hard pass on this guy. he's sh*t

Just now, neckdemon said:

i mean since he has been a starer he has only played all the games in 1 full season of the 5. he's played 62% of the games. so history says he will very likely miss games. besides that he is damaged goods anyway. he has had a number of different injuries. hard pass on this guy. he's sh*t

Still doesn’t guarantee that Zach gets starts, which was the point you made that I disputed. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Still doesn’t guarantee that Zach gets starts, which was the point you made that I disputed. 

if we sign white  i think zach #3 in 2023. My opinion is Jets are just shilling and have no intention of pissing whole team off and Zach will be gone by ANY mandatory camp

4 hours ago, VJphillyfan said:

The plan is Jimmy G.  See you in 2024 new head coach, GM and QB

I don’t know. Is Woody that tempestuous? JD whiffed on Zach. A lot of GM’s whiff on high draft picks. You can’t include Becton on the whiff list since he’s been injured and it’s just an unfortunate part of the game. JD has improved as GM since his inception so I believe he’s safe as long as we continue to improve. 

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you..

Some may laugh but you are 100% on point here.

Also, Matt LeFleur is BEST FRIENDS with Robert Saleh, don't people think that the two have had a discussion about this...

Wake Up Folks!!

Hmmmm I didn’t even factor that point in about the GB HC. You 1000% on point there!

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

This is the only "out" year in Rodgers contract. 

The best thing for their franchise long term is to part ways with him this year, get a couple of draft picks and take the $40 million dead cap hit this year.

Otherwise, if he retires next year they get no draft picks and a $70+ million dead cap hit going into 2024. Which means between the Rodgers dead money and Jordan Love 5th year option they'll have around $55 million in cap charges designated to the QB position if they use the June 1st designation for Rodgers. Then another $35 million in dead money in 2024.

But, if they trade Rodgers they'll have Love for $20 million, probably at least 1 extra pick in 2024 and an extra $35 million in cap space to use to help Love 

Basically the Packers are really forced to move on from Rodgers this year bc not doing so is a huge risk for the immediate future of their franchise and Love. 

Right. And that’s why the reported asking trade of two firsts is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Not only Rodgers and Hackett have been talking,but GreenBay Lafleur and Saleh are best friends. What do you think they’ve been talking about?

Of course they’ve been talking.

Saleh knows good Lebanese food. They’ve probably been talking about baba ghanouj, tabbouleh, sfeeha, falafel ? and shawarma. 

5 minutes ago, rangerous said:

GB GM: Hi JD so I won’t settle for anything less than 2 #1’s.

JD: I’ll break you like a pretzel and give you 2 kicks up your butt. I’ll give you a 3rd rounder this year and a 2nd next year if we get in the playoffs- and you’ll take it!

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

GB GM: Hi JD so I won’t settle for anything less than 2 #1’s.

JD: I’ll break you like a pretzel and give you 2 kicks up your butt. I’ll give you a 3rd rounder this year and a 2nd next year if we get in the playoffs- and you’ll take it!

That would be interesting and probably more what the end trade of Rodgers will be.

36 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Let’s not forget - the two 1st was merely speculation from Peter King. No “sources”. Just his opinion

Unfortunately, people on social media only saw two 1st and that then became the trade parameters. 

Here’s the whole thing from Pete:

“The fate of Aaron Rodgers. Adam Schefter reported Saturday—with very little couching—about the 39-year-old Rodgers’ future that it’s a “real possibility … Aaron Rodgers is going to be traded” in the off-season. Schefter often puts governors or conditions on his reports, but not so much here about the Packers’ starter for the past 15 seasons. “Make no mistake: Both sides are fully aware that a trade is a very real scenario this off-season for Aaron Rodgers,” Schefter said.

The possibilities are delicious. Rodgers to the Jets, maybe re-teaming with ex-Pack aide Nathaniel Hackett, who has interviewed for the New York offensive coordinator job. Or Rodgers to the Patriots, which seems very Belichickian, to perhaps give Mac Jones two learning seasons in the shadows. Or Rodgers to Vegas, if Tom Brady doesn’t beat him there. Or Rodgers to Seattle, which is seventh in cap room in 2023 and has four picks in the draft’s top 55. You could think of 10 more.

So, how possible is it? Well, consider that Rodgers’ cap numbers in the next two seasons would be $48.3 million, combined. That’s certainly manageable. As for the compensation due Green Bay, my guess is the Pack would want at least two first-round picks. The Woody Johnson Jets, desperate for a star QB almost since the Broadway Joe days, would happily pay that freight, I’d guess. But would Rodgers accept a deal to the Jets? We shall see.”

16 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Let’s not forget - the two 1st was merely speculation from Peter King. No “sources”. Just his opinion

Unfortunately, people on social media only saw two 1st and that then became the trade parameters. 

Here’s the whole thing from Pete:

“The fate of Aaron Rodgers. Adam Schefter reported Saturday—with very little couching—about the 39-year-old Rodgers’ future that it’s a “real possibility … Aaron Rodgers is going to be traded” in the off-season. Schefter often puts governors or conditions on his reports, but not so much here about the Packers’ starter for the past 15 seasons. “Make no mistake: Both sides are fully aware that a trade is a very real scenario this off-season for Aaron Rodgers,” Schefter said.

The possibilities are delicious. Rodgers to the Jets, maybe re-teaming with ex-Pack aide Nathaniel Hackett, who has interviewed for the New York offensive coordinator job. Or Rodgers to the Patriots, which seems very Belichickian, to perhaps give Mac Jones two learning seasons in the shadows. Or Rodgers to Vegas, if Tom Brady doesn’t beat him there. Or Rodgers to Seattle, which is seventh in cap room in 2023 and has four picks in the draft’s top 55. You could think of 10 more.

So, how possible is it? Well, consider that Rodgers’ cap numbers in the next two seasons would be $48.3 million, combined. That’s certainly manageable. As for the compensation due Green Bay, my guess is the Pack would want at least two first-round picks. The Woody Johnson Jets, desperate for a star QB almost since the Broadway Joe days, would happily pay that freight, I’d guess. But would Rodgers accept a deal to the Jets? We shall see.”

You’d think king would have a clue about player trade value then again it’s Peter king we’re talking about.  It’s not like they’d be trading for mahommes or Jackson who have lots of good seasons ahead .

23 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

Name these so called panic moves derp

I don’t know if there are any so called panic moves to point out when I said he scrambles, and I think if you pay attention to the team him scrambling is pretty evident.

Related to this topic, seems like they’re committed to acquiring a veteran quarterback since his draft pick didn’t pan out. That’s not going to be cheap. Sticking with the quarterback position, the Flacco trade was scrambling to acquire a veteran when it had been pretty obvious in the prior March they needed one. The quarterback position alone should be enough.

Beyond that there’s been a lot of late changes and not a lot of building depth on the OL. Some of it’s injuries (Moses, Brown - both obviously scrambling moves) and to me a lot of it can get pegged on trading mid round picks that could be used to build young depth there and signing veterans who aren’t very good as depth instead. Then without young guys to step into starting roles, he needs to spend on free agent linemen or draft guys high.

And I didn’t like pushing 2022 cap to 2023 for that 2022 free agent class and early returns are those guys weren’t worth eating into future years to all fit onto last year’s team. That was a very different free agency period than the prior two and I don't think it was a good one. Less is more in free agency. Reed was a great signing, maybe his best, but otherwise not a fan of what he’s done in those periods. 

Trading away players - great. Last draft - great. I just don’t think he’s as methodical as he was when he started. Thus, scrambling. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Name one other quarterback you think the Jets would be interested in at QB via trade or free agency if they don't get Rodgers, Carr, or Garoppolo. 

If the Jets don’t land one of them, it will have been a complete failure.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2