Is Todd Monken the Answer for Ravens As New Offensive Coordinator (Interviewed for OC Position)

jetsons

Figures... He was my #1 choice for the Jets...

Is Todd Monken the Answer for Ravens As New Offensive Coordinator (msn.com)

image.png.21aaec77f8c7aea097a03387e370c3d1.png

The Ravens interviewed the University of Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken for the same job in Baltimore.

Is Todd Monken the Answer for Ravens As New Offensive Coordinator
Is Todd Monken the Answer for Ravens As New Offensive Coordinator© Provided by Raven Country on FanNation

OWING MILLS, Md. — The Ravens interviewed the University of Georgia offensive coordinator Todd Monken for the same job in Baltimore, according to the NFL Network's Tom Pelissero.

Monken has been Georgia’s play caller since 2020. This past year,  Georgia averaged an astounding 501.1 yards and 41.1 points per game.

Oh yeah, Monken has also helped lead the Bulldogs to the past two national titles.

Monken has also coached in the NFL, serving as the offensive coordinator for Tampa Bay Buccaneers from 2016 to 2018 and the offensive coordinator for the Ravens' AFC North rival, Cleveland Browns in 2019.

The Ravens, though, face competition for Monken's services. He is scheduled to interview with the Buccaneers next week and could just remain in Georgia, which will be one of the favorites to win a third straight national title.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh is confident the Ravens have one of the most attractive job openings for an offensive coordinator. The team also plans to consult with quarterback Lamar Jackson about the potential hire. 

"This is going to be a highly sought-after job; this is one of the top football coaching jobs in the world," Harbaugh said. "Everybody’s going to want this job. So, I’m looking forward to getting started, and it won’t just be me; it’ll be other coaches and scouts involved in it. We’re going to cast a wide net, and we’re going to look far and wide and close. We’ll get the best fit for what we’re trying to accomplish, and it’s going to be a highly-qualified candidate.” 

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He is also interviewing with Tampa Bay it seems.

Issue is he may end up great, but Selah and Douglas jobs are on line so they couldnt roll dice on 'never been NFL OC' cause THEY HAVE to make playoffs when Woody spends on Vet QB.

They had to take the safer road withe experienced OC (takes pressure of Selah), hope a Vet QB can handle average OC AND I hear Jets bringing in older experienced Offensive guy as advisor. I assume a Jim Caldwell-ish type of resume guy to held Hackett and probably field role as game day planner like guy killed on bike was supposed to do.

I would love to see Boomer in that role

7 minutes ago, SouthernJet said:

They had to take the safer road withe experienced OC (takes pressure of Selah), hope a Vet QB can handle average OC AND I hear Jets bringing in older experienced Offensive guy as advisor. I assume a Jim Caldwell-ish type of resume guy to held Hackett and probably field role as game day planner like guy killed on bike was supposed to do.

No offense but Uber Vomit on that egoist esiason.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, jetsons said:

one of the top football coaching jobs in the world," Harbaugh said. "Everybody’s going to want this job. So, I’m looking forward to getting started, and it won’t just be me; it’ll be other coaches and scouts involved in it. We’re going to cast a wide net, and we’re going to look far and wide and close.

* An excellent running Qb, but “meh” when it comes to throwing the ball over 15 yards.

* A WR room full of 2nd / 3rd tier talent

* An average OL and oft injured RB’s

* A Head Coach who  who cost his team 2 wins going for it on 4th down with the best kicker in NFL history

Oh yeah….. everyone’s going to want this job!

16 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Issue is he may end up great, but Selah and Douglas jobs are on line so they couldnt roll dice on 'never been NFL OC' cause THEY HAVE to make playoffs when Woody spends on Vet QB.

!?

He was OC in Tampa for 3 years

Including ’18 when Jameis went for over 5K and 36 passing TD

also was OC in Cleveland

Has Nathaniel Hackett ever won anything at any level?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

!?

He was OC in Tampa for 3 years

Including ’18 when Jameis went for over 5K and 36 passing TD

also was OC in Cleveland

Has Nathaniel Hackett ever won anything at any level?

Leftwich was the OC the year Winston did that, he also threw 30 INTs, the year was 2019.

6 hours ago, Rob Moore said:

Leftwich was the OC the year Winston did that, he also threw 30 INTs, the year was 2019.

In 2019, Monken directed a Browns offense that was led by former Bulldog standout Nick Chubb, who was second in the NFL with 1,494 yards on 298 carries (5.0 yards/carry) and eight touchdowns. 

In 2018, he helped the Bucs lead the NFL in passing offense and finish third in the league in total offense.  The Buccaneers set numerous club records including total yards, passing yards and passing touchdowns.  Wide receiver Mike Evans thrived under Monken’s offense as he earned his first two Pro Bowl selections and topped 1,000 receiving yards in all three seasons.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

ESPN originally reported on the deal in September, saying Jackson passed on a five-year extension that would’ve paid him more than star quarterbacks such as Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson.

ADVERTISEMENT

The new report surfaces as the clock begins to tick for both the Ravens and Jackson to come up with a new contract, especially after the two-time Pro Bowler bet on himself this season.

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh was optimistic about Jackson’s return, saying he’s certain the QB will agree to a long-term deal with Baltimore. The Ravens, however, recently parted ways with offensive coordinator Greg Roman, who was instrumental in creating a system that thrived with Jackson under center.