The HORRIFIC game of CHICKEN Douglas facing on Carr decision

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Correct.  That's why I said the deal for Stafford was agreed to during SB week and made official soon thereafter.  Trade can be agreed to and processed as soon as the new league year begins.  Acquiring team gets their player and Raiders are off the hook for the money they'd owe Carr otherwise.  Everyone gets what they want.

It was made official in march. 

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Correct.  Agreed one day.  Made official another day. 

Expect the same thing with Carr in the coming days/weeks.

No. The bonus is due the day after the Super Bowl. They cannot trade him off the books until weeks after that. They have to cut him or pay him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I’m a bit of a Minshew fan boy, I think he’s criminally underrated and I know he’s not the biggest name out there, but we can do much worse than Minshew White Zach.  The guy has put up great stats on some really really bad teams.  He’s accurate, can run a bit, and brings a lot of moxy.

Me too. I'd prefer him to Jimmy G really.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Rodgers may retire or Green Bay may decide not to trade him. Carr has a notrade contract, he is also aware of his horrible stats in cold weather so he may not be open to coming to New Jersey. Jackson will either be signed to a multi year contract or franchised. Brady isn’t coming to New Jersey, he will either return to Tampa, go to San Fran, or Las Vegas. At this point you are down to the Minshew, Mayfield, Tannehill, Brissett tier.

yep but some people will still find a way to blame JD for people not wanting to get traded here.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

I’m a bit of a Minshew fan boy, I think he’s criminally underrated and I know he’s not the biggest name out there, but we can do much worse than Minshew White Zach.  The guy has put up great stats on some really really bad teams.  He’s accurate, can run a bit, and brings a lot of moxy.

I’d be okay with minshew.  He wouldn’t cost any draft picks and be less of a cap hit.

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

I’m beyond scared we lose out on the QB musical chairs game.

If we end up with minshew or jacoby brisset type options it’s a fire able offense. 

What will be a fireable offense is Carr / Rodgers or bust mentality and giving up the farm for either of them. Because there IS a point where too much can be given up for either of them.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

What will be a fireable offense is Carr / Rodgers or bust mentality and giving up the farm for either of them. Because there IS a point where too much can be given up for either of them.

Give me carr or Rodgers busting any day risk over minshew brisset 

1. It would be no different for literally any team that’s considering both Rodgers plus Carr. So if GB wants to maximize value, they need to work to move Rodgers before other teams start dropping out and grabbing other guys.

2. Saleh and Matt LaFleur are BFFs. Hackett and Rodgers are also pals. We will know what’s going on with Rodgers before a decision has to be made on Carr.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Problem is, day after SB, Carr is Free agent if he isnt traded yet as Raiders owe him 35M day after SB.

So if we dont trade for Carr before SB and then he picks another team and Rodgers says no we are stuck with Jimmy G (he good QB ) BUT means Zach might start a few games (or shudder, more) while always hurt Jimmy is out. If Jets make it clear they can sign Mike White to be #2 I will feel better about Jimmy G.

If Jimmy G says no, we are left  with Minshew, Brady (SF I think), Winston, Marriotta (Lamar I assume stay in Baltimore as they well rum front office and will find a way). The only one I semi-trust is Minshew, but his pedigree is such that a few bad games and he could be removed. He isnt star material.

I like chicken 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is obviously just speculation but I feel like Saleh already knows who his QB is going to be next year. One of the press conferences after they announced the Hackett hire Cimini (i believe) asked him if there was potential for there to be a QB competition between Z. Wilson and whatever vet they bring in and Saleh just kind of looked to the side and came back with a sht eating grin on his face before responding "ask me before training camp". Just vibed like he knows. 

I thought exactly the same thing when watching that presser.

Greenbay Lafleur is his best friend. Of course they’ve spoken about Rodgers at nauseum.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

No. The bonus is due the day after the Super Bowl. They cannot trade him off the books until weeks after that. They have to cut him or pay him. 

So you're suggesting the Raiders will not consider a trade at any point involving Carr?  The team interested in acquiring him won't hammer out a new contract before the trade is finalized?  If so, why are so many insiders discussing the Raiders need to trade Carr to avoid the huge cap hit?

Edited by AFJF

1 hour ago, section314 said:

What if the Jets have absolutely no interest in Carr? Has that ever crossed anyone’s mind?

Then they have absolutely no interest in getting better and we should all find something else to talk about until they're fired?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

I get the sense on this board that a lot of people think the Jets won't be paying a high price for the vet they bring in.  The meltdown will be epic.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, section314 said:

What if the Jets have absolutely no interest in Carr? Has that ever crossed anyone’s mind?

Derek Carr is a B+ tier nfl quarterback only shaking loose from a dysfunctional franchise that hired josh McDaniel. the jets trotted out at QB what appeared to be my drunk uncle throwing the football on thanksgiving 10 minutes before he passes out. i would say the jets have interest in Derek Carr

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, AFJF said:

So you're suggesting the Raiders will not consider a trade at any point involving Carr?  The team interested in acquiring him won't hammer out a new contract before the trade is finalized?  If so, why are so many insiders discussing the Raiders need to trade Carr to avoid the huge cap hit?

So no. My point was clear and stands on its own. No need to turn it into anything else.  

4 hours ago, SouthernJet said:

Problem is, day after SB, Carr is Free agent if he isnt traded yet as Raiders owe him 35M day after SB.

So if we dont trade for Carr before SB and then he picks another team and Rodgers says no we are stuck with Jimmy G (he good QB ) BUT means Zach might start a few games (or shudder, more) while always hurt Jimmy is out. If Jets make it clear they can sign Mike White to be #2 I will feel better about Jimmy G.

If Jimmy G says no, we are left  with Minshew, Brady (SF I think), Winston, Marriotta (Lamar I assume stay in Baltimore as they well rum front office and will find a way). The only one I semi-trust is Minshew, but his pedigree is such that a few bad games and he could be removed. He isnt star material.

I don't think there is much risk (chicken) here.  If we tried to trade, he can veto anyway.  The real question, do you want to trade (probably for nothing) and pay $35 with little (7.5 million) dead money if he flops or is injured, or wait till he hits free agency and pay out $60 million (signing bonus and first year salary) or so year one in New money and significant dead money if he flops or cap hit if he gets injured.

The decision is how much real money Woody wants to spend year one.  It also depends on how much risk against the cap JD wants to take.

2 hours ago, Larz said:

So no. My point was clear and stands on its own. No need to turn it into anything else.  

Sorry then.  I missed the point. I thought you were saying Carr could not/would not be traded.  

18 minutes ago, undertow said:

I think Rodgers ends up going back to GB, Brady goes to Miami, Carr goes to Carolina, Jimmy G to Vegas, and we go into next season with Ryan Tannehill. 

I don’t know if we’d go Tannehill, but I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t get any of the big name QBs you named.

This fan base is probably setting themselves up for a big let down this offseason.

• Upvote 1

Oh god another pro MW thread. Why do people think he’s even an option. 55 comp % over his last 3 games and 0 passing tds. Can people get off his jock. That’s at the lower end of bottom 5 quality without even mentioning his injury history 

if we miss Rodgers and Carr MW shouldn’t even be on the radar. 

Bring in Brissett, tennehill, Winston etc.