The HORRIFIC game of CHICKEN Douglas facing on Carr decision

8 hours ago, AFJF said:

Correct.  That's why I said the deal for Stafford was agreed to during SB week and made official soon thereafter.  Trade can be agreed to and processed as soon as the new league year begins.  Acquiring team gets their player and Raiders are off the hook for the money they'd owe Carr otherwise.  Everyone gets what they want.

Not necessarily. The Raiders don’t owe him anything if he’s traded before the new league year. What they need to figure out over the next couple of weeks is whether or not there is a team willing to trade for him. If not, they will cut him and he will become a free agent. Keep in mind he could sign with a team prior to March 15th because he was cut. 

I'm just hoping Carr is the target. All this talk of Rodgers coming to thebJets would mean Rodgers is jut trying to collect a pay check or Rodgers is showing another team that will contend for a SB that he can still play. At Rodgers age I am sure he wants to go to ateam where he can go out on top and cement his legacy.  A lot of people have been saying Carr is sort of a consolation prize. To me he seems like the only player that makes any sense. If we miss on both, we are sunk. Jackson will stay in Baltimore,  Brady will not play for the Jets, and we are going nowhere with Minshew. 

Oh god another pro MW thread. Why do people think he’s even an option. 55 comp % over his last 3 games and 0 passing tds. Can people get off his jock. That’s at the lower end of bottom 5 quality without even mentioning his injury history 
if we miss Rodgers and Carr MW shouldn’t even be on the radar. 

Bring in Brissett, tennehill, Winston etc. 

His hangnail was affecting his accuracy.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Then when the league finds out they suspend Carr for life and take every draft pick away from the team who negotiated the contract on “the down low” for the next 5 years  

Seems like a good plan. 

If he is released, he is free to negotiate with any team.

16 hours ago, David Harris said:

If I was Carr I’d secure an even bigger contract with the team of my choosing on the down low.

Make the Raiders cut me because I have a no trade clause and then sign with my new team.

Derek gets more money and doesn’t weaken his future team. Raiders are stuck if Carr doesn’t help them.

You need the raiders permission to talk to Carr and the raiders can set the parameters of the discussion. Nobody is risking tampering fresh off the Miami situation I don’t think 

15 hours ago, Joejet said:

Rodgers may retire or Green Bay may decide not to trade him. Carr has a notrade contract, he is also aware of his horrible stats in cold weather so he may not be open to coming to New Jersey. Jackson will either be signed to a multi year contract or franchised. Brady isn’t coming to New Jersey, he will either return to Tampa, go to San Fran, or Las Vegas. At this point you are down to the Minshew, Mayfield, Tannehill, Brissett tier.

Rodgers isn’t retiring with another $100MM coming to him. His retirement threats were to get his team to stay competitive and not begin a teardown. While he can still play at a high level he’ll happily go to a team that isn’t starting a teardown or rebuild this year.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, AFJF said:

Sorry then.  I missed the point. I thought you were saying Carr could not/would not be traded.  

I haven’t been following Carr to closely because it seems very complicated for him and they had such an ugly break up.  The raiders want to hold him hostage and he wants freedom. They will have to hammer something out obviously the timing of the bonus makes it tricky. 

Can the bonus pay out date be changed now ?  I’m not even sure of that. 

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is obviously just speculation but I feel like Saleh already knows who his QB is going to be next year. One of the press conferences after they announced the Hackett hire Cimini (i believe) asked him if there was potential for there to be a QB competition between Z. Wilson and whatever vet they bring in and Saleh just kind of looked to the side and came back with a sht eating grin on his face before responding "ask me before training camp". Just vibed like he knows. 

Or he knows the QB play was so bad that he’s excited to have even their plan H veteran quarterback option in the roster.

12 minutes ago, Larz said:

You need the raiders permission to talk to Carr and the raiders can set the parameters of the discussion. Nobody is risking tampering fresh off the Miami situation I don’t think 

According to Mike Florio, at PFT, tampering it's already going on and will continue to happen. I personally don't see Derek Carr getting traded. There is nothing in it for him to get traded. He'll get released before February 15th and he'll make more than a few visits to teams courting him to be their next starting quarterback. Whichever team gets Carr, they'll get him without giving up a single draft pick.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

According to Mike Florio, at PFT, tampering it's already going on and will continue to happen. I personally don't see Derek Carr getting traded. There is nothing in it for him to get traded. He'll get released before February 15th and he'll make more than a few visits to teams courting him to be their next starting quarterback. Whichever team gets Carr, they'll get him without giving up a single draft pick.  

They’ll give up picks if they get caught tampering.  I guess we’ll find out soon enough 

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Rodgers isn’t retiring with another $100MM coming to him. His retirement threats were to get his team to stay competitive and not begin a teardown. While he can still play at a high level he’ll happily go to a team that isn’t starting a teardown or rebuild this year.

I don’t believe he is either, just stating reasons why you can’t make a blanket statement that it is a fireable offense if you don’t get one of the top tier QBs.

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

I get the sense on this board that a lot of people think the Jets won't be paying a high price for the vet they bring in.  The meltdown will be epic.

There will be a high price.  But there has to be a limit.  IMAGINE how Cleveland is feeling right now after Deshaun Watson.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Like I said, tampering is going on and it won't stop. The morons who are too blatant about it get caught. 

The NFL is not enforcing discussions with players whose contracts have basically expired.   Discussions with players during the season or with years left is a different story. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t know if we’d go Tannehill, but I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t get any of the big name QBs you named.

This fan base is probably setting themselves up for a big let down this offseason.

Yeah people are living in a fantasy world where QBs want to come play with our awesome young talent....it will be disappointing but also fun to watch. lol

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Larz said:

No. The bonus is due the day after the Super Bowl. They cannot trade him off the books until weeks after that. They have to cut him or pay him. 

It’s NOT a bonus. 

3 days after the Super Bowl, his $32.9 million salary becomes fully guaranteed if he is on a roster under the current contract.  Another $7.5 million of his $41.9 million salary in 2024 salary also becomes fully guaranteed. 

So there is nothing the Raiders will have to pay on 2/15/23….meaning the trade can be agreed to, then made official on the 1st day of the league year.  

So no, they do not have to cut him.

They just need a trade agreed to, then the receiving team will be on the hook for the guaranteed salary to be paid in 2023 and 2024. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It’s NOT a bonus. 

3 days after the Super Bowl, his $32.9 million salary becomes fully guaranteed if he is on a roster under the current contract.  Another $7.5 million of his $41.9 million salary in 2024 salary also becomes fully guaranteed. 

So there is nothing the Raiders will have to pay on 2/15/23….meaning the trade can be agreed to, then made official on the 1st day of the league year.  

They just need a trade agreed to, then the receiving team will be on the hook for the guaranteed salary to be paid in 2023 and 2024. 

Thanks for clearing that up. I really haven’t been paying attention to Carr I just don’t see it as a good fit so to speak 

13 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It’s NOT a bonus. 

So are you assuming Derek Carr, who has a no-trade clause, would approve a trade to another team instead of hitting the open market and getting paid even more from a team that doesn't have to give up draft picks to get him.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Joejet said:

Rodgers may retire or Green Bay may decide not to trade him. Carr has a notrade contract, he is also aware of his horrible stats in cold weather so he may not be open to coming to New Jersey. Jackson will either be signed to a multi year contract or franchised. Brady isn’t coming to New Jersey, he will either return to Tampa, go to San Fran, or Las Vegas. At this point you are down to the Minshew, Mayfield, Tannehill, Brissett tier.

Horrible stats I’m what 7 games.  
‘Every one his team sucked and were underdogs?  
Im betting he doesn’t care about his record and hasn’t given it a thought.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

So are you assuming Derek Carr, who has a no-trade clause, would approve a trade to another team instead of hitting the open market and getting paid even more from a team that doesn't have to give up draft picks to get him.

I wouldn’t assume that he would get more than what he’s owed on the open market.

$33M this year and $42M next are big numbers.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Horrible stats I’m what 7 games.  
‘Every one his team sucked and were underdogs?  
Im betting he doesn’t care about his record and hasn’t given it a thought.

Whatever the number of cold weather games he has played he has played poorly. If he doesn’t care about that he should and certainly the team should.

21 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

It’s NOT a bonus. 

The key point here is Carr has a no trade clause. The Raiders can’t do anything unless he agrees to it, and why should he?