Your favorite player at each position from the Senior Bowl

AFJF

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Is Hendon Hooker actually going to play in that game?

I will like to watch Tune the QB from Houston and Tyjae Spears RB Tulane totally wowed me the couple games  watched him in.

I don't know enough about this year prospects to have an informed opinion overall.

Interviews only.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Is Hendon Hooker actually going to play in that game?

I will like to watch Tune the QB from Houston and Tyjae Spears RB Tulane totally wowed me the couple games  watched him in.

I don't know enough about this year prospects to have an informed opinion overall.

• Upvote 1

Worthy topic.

• QB - Haener, Fresno
  • RB - McIntosh, UGA
  • WR - D. Wicks by a country mile
  • TE - Will Mallory, Miami 
  • OT - D. Jones, Ohio St
  • IOL - T O'Cyrys, UF

• DE - I. McGuire, Mizzou
  • DT - NJ. Silvera, ASU
  • LB - D. Williams, Tulane
  • DB - Kaevon Merrither, Iowa

The offensive skill position players, and QBs too, are underwhelming this year. Dont' know a ton of these guys in the trenches - but I hope a few of them light it up, in an otherwise down year (on paper)

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Worthy topic.

• QB - Haener, Fresno
  • RB - McIntosh, UGA
  • WR - D. Wicks by a country mile
  • TE - Will Mallory, Miami 
  • OT - D. Jones, Ohio St
  • IOL - T O'Cyrys, UF

• DE - I. McGuire, Mizzou
  • DT - NJ. Silvera, ASU
  • LB - D. Williams, Tulane
  • DB - Kaevon Merrither, Iowa

The offensive skill position players, and QBs too, are underwhelming this year. Don't know a ton of these guys in the trenches - but I hope a few of them light it up, in an otherwise down year (on paper)

I almost put Mallory down as my TE but Durham is a better all-around guy and while it's not as important as it once was, I like a TE who can do some blocking.

Love Haener.  Dream scenario is he's there in rd 4 and the Jets make some moves that allow them to add some mid-rounders and take him.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I almost put Mallory down as my TE but Durham is a better all-around guy and while it's not as important as it once was, I like a TE who can do some blocking.

Love Haener.  Dream scenario is he's there in rd 4 and the Jets make some moves that allow them to add some mid-rounders and take him.

I picked him because in truth he's the only I can say i've really watched a few times; he's worth a look...

But no signature names on offense across the board, really. RBs Rodriguez and Peoples look like average at best plodders, and the WR group is an afterthought beyond Wicks... Bell and Higgins have some intrigue...I guess? I know Palmer and Tucker have fans. Rice too I guess... not familiar enough yet i suppose.

Mingo has phenomenal hands and ball tracking but last time he showed separation was in High School. 

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

I picked him because in truth he's the only I can say i've really watched a few times; he's worth a look...

But no signature names on offense across the board, really. RBs Rodriguez and Peoples look like average at best plodders, and the WR group is an afterthought beyond Wicks... Bell and Higgins have some intrigue...I guess? I know Palmer and Tucker have fans. Rice too I guess... not familiar enough yet i suppose.

Mingo has phenomenal hands and ball tracking but I don't he's been able to separate since High School. 

Haven't watched much of Rice yet but I've heard people absolutely rave about him.  Might dig in on him this week.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

Actually, someone put me on Rashee Rice.... it might have been @Chrebetfan80  .... I forgot that i liked him quite a bit when i went for a film dive.

Yeah, I have to do a better job of focusing only on draft eligible players.  I've been taking notes and pulling clips since last season and literally have over 3,000 clips because if I see an impressive enough play I'll record it just because I know the guy is going to be on draft radars within the next year or two.

But if I'd just stuck to like 300 guys it would've made my life easier.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Yeah, I have to do a better job of focusing only on draft eligible players.  I've been taking notes and pulling clips since last season and literally have over 3,000 clips because if I see an impressive enough play I'll record it just because I know the guy is going to be on draft radars within the next year or two.

But if I'd just stuck to like 300 guys it would've made my life easier.

lol, haha, i've been there. I go and look at all my bookmarked film from the year and feel-- 

ihnmotp.jpg

I don't have any hot takes on Rashee Rice, but i do recall looking at offensive film and gushing. Good boundary ball guy with good size (probably exactly what we need tbh)...  Reminded me a lot of Devante Parker at UL 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

lol, haha, i've been there. I go and look at all my bookmarked film from the year and feel-- 

ihnmotp.jpg

I don't have any hot takes on Rashee Rice, but i do recall looking at offensive film and gushing. Good boundary ball guy with good size (probably exactly what we need tbh)...  Reminded me a lot of Devante Parker at UL 

Yeah, every now and then I'll see a player I think I haven't seen before but I check my folders and lo and behold I've got like five of his highlights.  I usually recall once I watch a play or two but I forget guys exist for a while.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Paradis said:

Actually, someone put me on Rashee Rice.... it might have been @Chrebetfan80  .... I forgot that i liked him quite a bit when i went for a film dive.

Could have been me, i have been singing his praises all offseason.  Im a big fan of his game.  I'm excited to see more of his route running at the senior bowl but he is a DUDE.  Alpha who goes up and wins 50/50 balls without being some over the top physical specimen.  Kids just a tough tough receiver.  Again, I havent really gone through comps yet for him, but i keep coming back to cotchery.  Strong physical dependable wr.  i think Rice is more of an Alpha than Jco was and maybe more explosive, but thats where my initial mind goes. 

• Upvote 2

Ill add a name to the list I havent talked about

Nathaniel Dell from houston.  Interesting kid, 2nd highest rated wr against single coverage this year (josh downs who i like a lot too was 3rd). Limited route tree at houston obviously and a wide open offense, but the kid is trained REALLY well by a guy I trust a lot and he's very high on him.  Interested to see what he does in this game

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Could have been me, i have been singing his praises all offseason.  Im a big fan of his game.  I'm excited to see more of his route running at the senior bowl but he is a DUDE.  Alpha who goes up and wins 50/50 balls without being some over the top physical specimen.  Kids just a tough tough receiver.  Again, I havent really gone through comps yet for him, but i keep coming back to cotchery.  Strong physical dependable wr.  i think Rice is more of an Alpha than Jco was and maybe more explosive, but thats where my initial mind goes. 

I really like Rice as a bigger target that offers some good YAC ability, he's an intriguing fir for the Jets if Hackett wants the same things that La Fleur wanted. 

• Upvote 3

I'm not sure I have favorites, per say but these the players I'm intrigued by;

QB - Malik Cunningham 

RB - Tyjae Spears

WR - Trey Palmer

TE - Will Mallory

OL - this group I like the most; McClendon, Wright, Bergeron, Freeland, Duncan, Jones, all the Centers

Edge - Foskey, Henry, Young, Hall

Safeties - the entire American team is interesting.

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, maury77 said:

I really like Rice as a bigger target that offers some good YAC ability, he's an intriguing fir for the Jets if Hackett wants the same things that La Fleur wanted. 

With Hackett now here its easier to speculate on targets.  I can absolutely see them liking Rice alot and seeing him providing what we thought Corey Davis would provide more regularly.  He'll be a physical target for this offense that can get YAC and win 50/50 balls.  

• Upvote 2

QB - Jake Haener, Fresno State 

RB - Tyjae Spears, Tulane 

WR - Andrei Iosivas, Princeton 

TE - Cameron Latu, Alabama 

OT - Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse

OG - Curtis McClendon, Chattanooga 

OC - Joe Tippmann, Wisconsin or Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas 

EDGE - Isaiah Foskey, Notre Dame

DT - Nesta Jade Silvera, Arizona State 

LB - SirVocea Dennis, Pittsburgh or DeMarvion Overshown, Texas

CB - Riley Moss, Iowa 

S - Jordan Battle, Alabama 

On 1/30/2023 at 7:42 PM, BklynJetsFan85 said:

QB - Jake Haener, Fresno State 

RB - Tyjae Spears, Tulane 

WR - Andrei Iosivas, Princeton 

TE - Cameron Latu, Alabama 

OT - Matthew Bergeron, Syracuse

OG - Curtis McClendon, Chattanooga 

OC - Joe Tippmann, Wisconsin or Ricky Stromberg, Arkansas 

EDGE - Isaiah Foskey, Notre Dame

DT - Nesta Jade Silvera, Arizona State 

LB - SirVocea Dennis, Pittsburgh or DeMarvion Overshown, Texas

CB - Riley Moss, Iowa 

S - Jordan Battle, Alabama 

the Princeton Project! 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Added the name the other week but Nate "tank" Dell was easily the Americans Side best WR in the 1v1s on day one.  The dudes routes are ON POINT.  best releases, best break points, best tempo of anyone I saw there on day 1.  

Got your ping this morning on Dell, you've been a lighthouse on WRs, so i'll look this guy up... i know the whole "scout the name, not the helmet" mantra, but i've had a heck of time getting onside with Houston WRs. 

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Got your ping this morning on Dell, you've been a lighthouse on WRs, so i'll look this guy up... i know the whole "scout the name, not the helmet" mantra, but i've had a heck of time getting onside with Houston WRs. 

I mean I can understand that.  I stopped looking at programs years ago for talent.  There are too many private trainers and places for these kids to get good coaching that it really doesnt matter what program you belong to anymore or what offense youre in (unless of course youre not trying to get better on your own).

Dell for instance i know because he works with a guy I talk to who is Extremely highly regarded.  Thats why even though on tape Dell doesnt run a full route try at houston, watch his break points, stems, and releases during the 1v1s.  Best at the senior bowl for day 1 if you ask me.  

• Sympathy 1

48 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

he looked surprisingly slower than I thought he would be.  He had a few nice reps but i thought he would be faster. 

Yea, I eluded to that when we talked about him. Stiff, and not that fast. 

I won't repeat those four letters.... XD

16 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yea, I eluded to that when we talked about him. Stiff, and not that fast. 

I won't repeat those four letters.... XD

haha yea, youd think hed be a little faster or more explosive with his track numbers.  Just odd.  Whatever.  

That wasn't superrrr surprising.  I was more surprised Rice looked a little slow to me.  Slower than his film looked so I wonder whats up with him.  Maybe just shaking off the first day rust.  We'll see how his week progresses.  His film shows much better than what I saw yesterday. 

Also I have to just say it.  For as high as i have been on Rashee Rice going into this (I really do like his tape) he not only underwhelmed on his 1v1 opportunities (its still early). he also measured in at just a shade over 6'. he was originally listed at 6'2 at SMU so thats a big difference.  

Measured in at 6'0 200 where as he's listed at 6'2 203.. that was really disappointing for me.  Not a great day for me to feel good about a guy i was high on. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

haha yea, youd think hed be a little faster or more explosive with his track numbers.  Just odd.  Whatever.  

That wasn't superrrr surprising.  I was more surprised Rice looked a little slow to me.  Slower than his film looked so I wonder whats up with him.  Maybe just shaking off the first day rust.  We'll see how his week progresses.  His film shows much better than what I saw yesterday. 

that is odd... he looks spry on tape. 

4 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

Also I have to just say it.  For as high as i have been on Rashee Rice going into this (I really do like his tape) he not only underwhelmed on his 1v1 opportunities (its still early). he also measured in at just a shade over 6'. he was originally listed at 6'2 at SMU so thats a big difference.  

Measured in at 6'0 200 where as he's listed at 6'2 203.. that was really disappointing for me.  Not a great day for me to feel good about a guy i was high on. 

6?? oof

Where do you sit on Perry

13 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

More and more like Cotchery.

• Upvote 2