Becton Sr.

Becton doesn’t get much love. He’s a big man and the extent of his injuries has never been fully explained.  Saleh kept throwing out 4 weeks on the first injury and ran the whole season and only when he was reinjured this season did they shut him down for the whole season.  Everyone points to his weight without considering that him losing 20# is like a normal guy losing 10. So when the jets say he needs to drop 20 it’s really not that big of a deal.

we’ll see what happens. He’s got some serious talent and can quite the road grader for hall to run behind.

45 minutes ago, rangerous said:

Becton doesn’t get much love. He’s a big man and the extent of his injuries has never been fully explained.  Saleh kept throwing out 4 weeks on the first injury and ran the whole season and only when he was reinjured this season did they shut him down for the whole season.  Everyone points to his weight without considering that him losing 20# is like a normal guy losing 10. So when the jets say he needs to drop 20 it’s really not that big of a deal.

we’ll see what happens. He’s got some serious talent and can quite the road grader for hall to run behind.

Hes overweight. Always. Fat people don't recover the same. Especially fat ones weighing 400 lbs.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, pointman said:

Hes overweight. Always. Fat people don't recover the same. Especially fat ones weighing 400 lbs.

I’ve lots of fatter nfl players. How about woolfork for one.  A lot of nose tackles aren’t exactly svelte.  Becton may be fat but he’s also a very big man. If his knees and feet are strong enough to support his body then he’ll be fine.

I dont think anyone has ever said that Becton doesnt seem like a great guy, and definitely happy for him as he seems pretty genuine.  

Unfortunately we are football fans and he might not be someone who has the drive to not only compete on the field but to keep in shape for 10+ years.  Will see what happens this upcoming season, and I certainly hope he gets it together because if he does, our OL would be in a much better place.

As an aside, I read that he no longer works with Duke Marryweather and has been staying at the jets facility. No clue if that is good or not but figured it was worth mentioning

19 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I remember when Mekhi was drafted and they panned to his home and showed this large round ball and I (along with all of you in the draft night thread) freaked out when we saw him, then they switched to Mekhi and we realized it was his dad. The real Becton Sr. Genetics are a real thing and its hard to outrun them. 

Anyone have that clip?

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2Ft5RgeNCcUig%2Fmaxresdefault.jpg&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dt5RgeNCcUig&tbnid=zagznRf6pw1PwM&vet=12ahUKEwiDubHw6-38AhVXIt4AHYBVBdgQMygDegUIARDbAQ..i&docid=Nb63gYR-XwBYQM&w=1280&h=720&q=gif when mekhi becton drafted&ved=2ahUKEwiDubHw6-38AhVXIt4AHYBVBdgQMygDegUIARDbAQ

16 hours ago, Jets Things said:

More excited about his jersey rather than being on and staying on the field. Got it. I get what he means but common. I also say this as the father of two boys and two girls. 

3 girls 2 boys here. Incredible blessing and it should teach him nobody cares how you feel, today is always a workday, baby gets to cry you don’t and children watch everything you do, so get off your ass and do something! Teach by example fool! 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

3 girls 2 boys here. Incredible blessing and it should teach him nobody cares how you feel, today is always a workday, baby gets to cry you don’t and children watch everything you do, so get off your ass and do something! Teach by example fool! 

Damn. I have two girls and two boys and I thought that was a lot. At least we both hate pulling out. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

I’ve lots of fatter nfl players. How about woolfork for one.  A lot of nose tackles aren’t exactly svelte.  Becton may be fat but he’s also a very big man. If his knees and feet are strong enough to support his body then he’ll be fine.

His body clearly isn't strong enough to carry all that weight. 

5 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He’s extra luggage until he actually plays. If Douglas is counting on him to do anything, then he’s a fool.

Extra luggage?

What does that even mean.  He under contract.  He’s on the roster.  If healthy he helps the team immeasurably.  
He’s proud to be a parent and some think it’s an invitation to complain  

• Upvote 1