Interesting nuggets from Rosenblatt on Jets OC search

Confirmed Bevell wouldn’t interview. Also said Joe Brady wasn’t interested. Mentioned a lot of candidates were hesitant to take the job because of both the QB situation and the fact that Saleh and Douglas are on thin ice. 

Rosenblatt said a few days ago Jets sources told him Hackett was leaning towards not taking the gig. He speculated Saleh talked him into it recently. 

My theory?

Nobody wanted this job. Hackett by all accounts is a great guy and likely came through for his friend. Keep in mind Hackett worked for Matt LaFleur who is best buds with Robert Saleh. 

https://www.youtube.com/live/nQPYT2xSipA?feature=share

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 2

That's pretty interesting, 98. I get the QB and coaching situations are trouble, but it's not like this is a bad team. The offense has some good players and the defense is really great. Get a QB, another WR and beef up the OL and this team is a playoff team. There must be something else going on here, because there's no way the roster and coaches are the reason they didn't want to come here. I like your theory, though.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Hex said:

That's pretty interesting, 98. I get the QB and coaching situations are trouble, but it's not like this is a bad team. The offense has some good players and the defense is really great. Get a QB, another WR and beef up the OL and this team is a playoff team. There must be something else going on here, because there's no way the roster and coaches are the reason they didn't want to come here. I like your theory, though.

Good teams often lose 6-7 games to close out the season.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No one wanted the job because the roster stinks. 7 wins against backup quarterbacks doesn’t move the needle. 

Curious as to which units you think are “bad”? Besides QB obviously the rest of the roster is pretty well rounded. Obviously could use an olineman or two but other than that I don’t see any glaring holes 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Not surprising, but I think this is why the Rodgers move happens.

Woody, Douglas and Saleh are all desperate.

they might be desperate but i think JD rather have Carr because you dont have to give up the draft picks that we need, 32 vs 39 yrs old so there a better chance you get Carr for longer and Rodgers cant be trusted. hes always talking about retiring. 

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Hex said:

A lot of these guys have families, kids. You take this job and there is a 50 percent chance you are moving again in 2024.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

No surprises there. The OC job is a microcosm of the franchise itself, in that it’s a radioactive cesspool that any actually qualified candidate would run screaming from.

Yep. We keep blaming the coaches and the front office, but regardless of who holds those positions, the Jets continuously do the same stupid things over and over. 

The problem with the Jets isn't with anyone but Woody Johnson, whose only accomplishment in life is that he was the least worthless bag of sh*te to lumber out of his father's pee-hole. The team will never be anything more than a joke as long as he's the owner.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Hex said:

They were finding an OC not HC. Having a massive hole at QB is kind of off putting for the guy who has to run the offense no?

57 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

Woody Johnson is literally the most useless sh!tbag on Earth.

What does woody have to do with anything? No crap he’s clueless when it comes to the nfl (all other owners are too) he actually acknowledged that with hiring a 3p agency to help him search for gms. Most owners don’t do that 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

People keep refusing to acknowledge my point, the jets lost  in a row at the end of the year in a combination f bad offense and underachieving defense.  Oh the point and yardage totals looked fine for the D but they created one stinking turnover in the last 6 games and committed awful errors at critical times.

I am not going to change my mind that the Hackett hire was a terrible hire.  He will have to make me change my mind.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

People keep refusing to acknowledge my point, the jets lost  in a row at the end of the year in a combination f bad offense and underachieving defense.  Oh the point and yardage totals looked fine for the D but they created one stinking turnover in the last 6 games and committed awful errors at critical times.

I am not going to change my mind that the Hackett hire was a terrible hire.  He will have to make me change my mind.

Defense got worn out by the ineptitude of the offense. They were literally on the field all the time. And when it comes to Hackett hire, who exactly else did you want them to get?  Hackett was the best name on the market 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zachtomims47 said:

They were finding an OC not HC. Having a massive hole at QB is kind of off putting for the guy who has to run the offense no?

It seems clear they're QB searching, to me at least. An OC candidate is only going to be put off because of no QB if there isn't going to be one, so maybe we're wrong.

22 minutes ago, Hex said:

It seems clear they're QB searching, to me at least. An OC candidate is only going to be put off because of no QB if there isn't going to be one, so maybe we're wrong.

Where there is a Hackett there is a Rodgers, I think that is how the saying goes.

• Upvote 1

It’s because Saleh made a sacrificial lamb out of a guy who was pulling 450 yards per game out of Mike White and a street free agent running back. The Jets OC job is normally a career-killer, and there are an historic amount of OC jobs open right now. The Jets job clearly being the worst one. This is all before you get to the fact that Zach Wilson is, for now, attached to the job. No one wants this on their resumé. Hackett is doing it pro bono and, if he can trick Rodgers into coming here? Bonus. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because Saleh made a sacrificial lamb out of a guy who was pulling 450 yards per game out of Mike White and a street free agent running back. The Jets OC job is normally a career-killer, and there are an historic amount of OC jobs open right now. The Jets job clearly being the worst one. This is all before you get to the fact that Zach Wilson is, for now, attached to the job. No one wants this on their resumé. Hackett is doing it pro bono and, if he can trick Rodgers into coming here? Bonus. 

Hated MLF and glad he is gone. But if it was up to RS. He’d still be here 

• Upvote 3