The Dallas game will be in November, but not Thanksgiving (Wrong)

Maxman

On 1/28/2023 at 11:10 PM, Maxman said:

This is what I have been told.  I am being 100% serious, a few sources said November but not Thanksgiving. 

Either way I am definitely going to this game. That is going to be a great road trip. I just sold my RV, working on getting a new one now. Hope to do the triple tailgate:

Friday Night:  High School Football at one of those million dollar stadiums

Saturday: College football tailgate

Sunday: Jets \ Cowboys

C'mon NFL give us Monday night football somewhere on the way back and we will go 4 for 4!

I will meet you there Phil. Easy drive up from Houston and I know a few BBQ and Tex-Mex places that will make you want to make Texas permenant.

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2023 at 7:01 AM, southparkcpa said:

So the cofounder of the Jets club here in Charlotte moved to Dallas a few years back.  We pretty much plan on making that trip to get with him etc.

Definitely should have an away Jetnation tailgate.  There will most likely be 5-8 of us.

All seriousness, I can kick in say $100 or more for the tailgate if you're gonna bring the van.

I’m in.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, OilfieldJet said:

I will meet you there Phil. Easy drive up from Houston and I know a few BBQ and Tex-Mex places that will make you want to make Texas permenant.

Awesome. We need a local tour guide, that sounds great, thanks!

9 hours ago, GreenFish said:

High school football in Texas is a must. We go every year to watch our local hs. The band is the best part.

I want to do Friday night lights as part of this trip.  What would you recommend for high school?

Also, I know it depends on how the schedule lines up, but what college game would you recommend for Saturday?

45 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I want to do Friday night lights as part of this trip.  What would you recommend for high school?

Also, I know it depends on how the schedule lines up, but what college game would you recommend for Saturday?

I live in Central Texas. So cant really say too much about the DFW area.

I would just say it depends on what you are looking for: stadium, team, and/or band.

CTX has a lot of great bands but the stadiums are not as nice as some schools in say DFW or Houston. Someone mentioned Allen HS. They have probably the most expensive stadium. Ive never been there but the pictures look nice. They also have a really good team.

7 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

I live in Central Texas. So cant really say too much about the DFW area.

I would just say it depends on what you are looking for: stadium, team, and/or band.

CTX has a lot of great bands but the stadiums are not as nice as some schools in say DFW or Houston. Someone mentioned Allen HS. They have probably the most expensive stadium. Ive never been there but the pictures look nice. They also have a really good team.

Thanks! I think stadium and team would be the most important. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2023 at 12:10 AM, Maxman said:

This is what I have been told.  I am being 100% serious, a few sources said November but not Thanksgiving. 

Either way I am definitely going to this game. That is going to be a great road trip. I just sold my RV, working on getting a new one now. Hope to do the triple tailgate:

C'mon NFL give us Monday night football somewhere on the way back and we will go 4 for 4!

Nice!!! Sounds like a blast. Hey, sit in the first 10 rows of the Jets/Cowboys game and see if you can pick off Dak!!!

13 hours ago, 20andOut said:

Mid range. Not splurging for the Four Seasons but not looking for a Motel6 either. Marriott price range

Either downtown Fort Worth or West 7th in Fort Worth would give you hotels in that price range pretty close to restaurants and bars. In Dallas it's usually higher end hotels walking distance to the popular food/drink areas. If you want to stay in Dallas I'd just look for a hotel that is convenient to anywhere you want to go and suffer a short ride over. Big areas in Dallas for food/drink will be McKinney/Uptown (street not the city), Knox/Henderson, Victory Park, Deep Ellum, Bishop Arts. There are some others but those are good bets.  McKinney/Uptown has a lot of options and I believe there is a Marriott pretty close. Those areas are all 10-15 minutes away from each other by car. 

If you want to stay in Arlington where the stadium is, there are plenty of hotel options but outside of college bars right around the university it's suburbia. There are a lot of chain restaurants in the area around the stadium.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Depends on where you stay. Southlake Carroll is a great team to watch, Allen usually has a badass team but was down this past year. Stadium holds close to 25K and they fill it up on the regular.

All the Frisco schools (10 high schools) play at The Star - Cowboys indoor practice facility (20K easily) and also Toyota Field which is the major league soccer field, holds 30K. 

Some of these are more like 50-100 million dollar stadiums for high school. It's fùckin insane around here. Google Allen High School stadium, McKinney High School stadium, Prosper High School stadium. Also The Star (Cowboys facility in Frisco) and Toyota Stadium Frisco. 

I don't know how to lost pictures, I'm rookie. These stadiums will blow you away.

Some of these are more like 50-100 million dollar stadiums for high school. It's fùckin insane around here. Google Allen High School stadium, McKinney High School stadium, Prosper High School stadium. Also The Star (Cowboys facility in Frisco) and Toyota Stadium Frisco. 

I don't know how to lost pictures, I'm rookie. These stadiums will blow you away.

6 hours ago, RJIII said:

WOW!!!

6 hours ago, RJIII said:

Depends on where you stay. Southlake Carroll is a great team to watch, Allen usually has a badass team but was down this past year. Stadium holds close to 25K and they fill it up on the regular.

All the Frisco schools (10 high schools) play at The Star - Cowboys indoor practice facility (20K easily) and also Toyota Field which is the major league soccer field, holds 30K. 

This is incredible. I am definitely going to pick your brain on all this once the schedules are all out!

On 1/30/2023 at 1:03 AM, August said:

If we get Aaron I can see it being on Thanksgiving 

Yeah, the schedule at this point is drafted in pencil.

Prime Time games for the Jets will either be the mandatory 1 TNF - or up to 5 or so if the trade for A-aron.

We don't want to see Zach Wilson, imagine how the rest of the country feels.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 2/1/2023 at 12:42 PM, RJIII said:

image.thumb.png.4d22497d9a4763c34b0dc42c63ce0ce8.pngimage.thumb.png.0c31123162aed92c6947ba4da0106230.png500795548_ScreenShot2023-02-01at12_37_41PM.thumb.png.872d1f626c512eee5f34e271c42eb339.pngThese are the 3 stadiums in the DFW area I was referring to. Each of these are well over $70M with Prosper hitting $100M. Truly incredible high school stadiums in Texas. 

The Prosper one is outstanding. Haven't gone to a game yet but my toddlers love Frontier Park so we go there often. Would love to catch a game there at some point.

Dallas week 2 @ 3:15cst is such a cockblock for me. I booked tickets to fly back out to CT on 9/8 to visit my parents and fly back on 9/17, landing at LoveField at 1:35pm cst. When I booked the flights, it was after Aaron was confirmed, so I was 100% certain that Jets Cowboys would be Thanksgiving; especially given the Rodgers-McCarthy angle.

Now I'm 100% ****ed and I have to hope that there is no delay on my flight. Hopefully I can make it to the stadium in time for kickoff while my wife (who is a terrible traveler and suffers from motion sickness and air sickness) drives my two toddlers back up to Prosper and gets them acclimated after 10 days away. 

I was waiting for this bump.  All I will say is this; we got two schedule weeks right, including this one:

image.png

But the November Cowboys prediction was wrong. If it is any consolation the player that told us that is no longer on the team. True story.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:01 AM, southparkcpa said:

So the cofounder of the Jets club here in Charlotte moved to Dallas a few years back.  We pretty much plan on making that trip to get with him etc.

Definitely should have an away Jetnation tailgate.  There will most likely be 5-8 of us.

All seriousness, I can kick in say $100 or more for the tailgate if you're gonna bring the van.

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, Maxman said:

I was waiting for this bump.  All I will say is this; we got two schedule weeks right, including this one:

image.png

But the November Cowboys prediction was wrong. If it is any consolation the player that told us that is no longer on the team. True story.

The schedule came out? Yikes, who we play?

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Gonna piggyback off this thread instead of starting another. Looking for two tickets to this game and are willing to spend on it, but really would like to avoid the absurd fees. Just looked at tickets in section 129 marked at $562 each - went to check out and they each one was $742. $180 in fees PER TICKET!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm tagging a bunch of you who have said you live in texas. if any of you have friends or family that are willing to sell to a couple of local Jets fans at cost, please let me know. @RJIII, @chirorob, @Smashmouth, @DJF71, @GreenFish, @OilfieldJet.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Gonna piggyback off this thread instead of starting another. Looking for two tickets to this game and are willing to spend on it, but really would like to avoid the absurd fees. Just looked at tickets in section 129 marked at $562 each - went to check out and they each one was $742. $180 in fees PER TICKET!!!!!!

Anyway, I'm tagging a bunch of you who have said you live in texas. if any of you have friends or family that are willing to sell to a couple of local Jets fans at cost, please let me know. @RJIII, @chirorob, @Smashmouth, @DJF71, @GreenFish, @OilfieldJet.

No one will sell at cost, the guys i know buy season tickets, sell 4 or 5 at a premium, go to the other games basically for free.

For what it's worth, I love upper deck, between the 35s.   Great view of the whole field, then you look straight ahead at the world's largest TV for an instant replay.

1 hour ago, chirorob said:

No one will sell at cost, the guys i know buy season tickets, sell 4 or 5 at a premium, go to the other games basically for free.

For what it's worth, I love upper deck, between the 35s.   Great view of the whole field, then you look straight ahead at the world's largest TV for an instant replay.

I'll keep my ears open for tickets and post here. Unfortunately I'll be in Lubbock for the Texas Tech v Oregon game the day before. I'll be watching on TV but for those that go, Jerry World is extremely impressive. Check out Texas Live - across the parking lot (walking distance) before and after the game. 

• Upvote 1