TP: League sources dish on ZW, Jet coaching moves at Shrine Bowl

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I dunno but LA Rams would be like a psych ward. 

But that's why I can't see how some here are taking MLF's side and saying the Jets did the wrong thing . IF and its a big if,  the reports are true MLF should have been fired for negligence way before it came to him being "let go". 

• Upvote 1

On 1/29/2023 at 2:20 PM, jago said:

synopsis

woody is now zachs qb whisperer

jets made “death wish” coaching hires

becton is basically shredded at 40 lbs over game weight

ok then.

Spoiler alert:

—Rodgers gets traded to 49ers just a couple months after they trade for McCaffrey

—Jets sign Jimmy G

—Zach starts week 1

–JD and Saleh fired Black Monday Jan 24

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, ECURB said:

Still better than their current ideas… would have been better off with Geno and Rex as of today

no.  Rex destroyed a good team and Geno took 12 years to be at least competent to step on the field.  Rex missed his only shot to win a championship and subsequently destroyed the team. Horrific coach other than the big mouth saying things that fans like.  He ran a kindergarten and brought in players who destroyed the club house.  Basically, Rex single-handedly destroyed a promising franchise.  F*ck Rex.  

Takes like yours are just absurd.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

12 hours ago, Dcat said:

no.  Rex destroyed a good team and Geno took 12 years to be at least competent to step on the field.  Rex missed his only shot to win a championship and subsequently destroyed the team. Horrific coach other than the big mouth saying things that fans like.  He ran a kindergarten and brought in players who destroyed the club house.  Basically, Rex single-handedly destroyed a promising franchise.  F*ck Rex.  

Rex took a backup QB (barely) to two AFC championship games.

Rex had such a good defense Revis will be in the HOF and quickly fell out of the league when Rex’s defense was gone…

At this moment heading into Sept 2023

Rex & Geno > Saleh and Zach

How you can argue that is beyond me.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Rex took a backup QB (barely) to two AFC championship games.
Rex had such a good defense Revis will be in the HOF and quickly fell out of the league when Rex’s defense was gone…
At this moment heading into Sept 2023
Rex & Geno > Saleh and Zach
How you can argue that is beyond me.
Rex was a pimp .... I knew all along it was Mangini.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Rex was a pimp .... I knew all along it was Mangini.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Mangini was the talent spotter and architect, but he did not have the personal qualities to lead and execute.  

Remix took what Mangini made and almost made the Super Bowl.  2x.

And the people on this board laugh at him.  Look at what we have now. 

Rex would of had the Jets in the playoffs year after year but Tannenbaum got rid of Cotchery and Braylon Edwards and replaced them with nobody. Rex’s drafts also were not good but was he picking the players or was it the GM. Then Tannenbaum was fired and replaced with a cap guy who knew nothing about football. Bad mix. 

• Upvote 1

For a variety of reasons, the Hackett hiring could be criticized. I am ultimately OK with it based on his track record as a coordinator and what those who have played under him say about him. I'm not sold on it, but I don't hate the move, either.

As for Carter, I do not get the bashing of this hire. It is a clear step in the right direction at a position group in need of health and good coaching.

18 minutes ago, SackExchangeNYJ said:

For a variety of reasons, the Hackett hiring could be criticized. I am ultimately OK with it based on his track record as a coordinator and what those who have played under him say about him. I'm not sold on it, but I don't hate the move, either.

As for Carter, I do not get the bashing of this hire. It is a clear step in the right direction at a position group in need of health and good coaching.

JD/Saleh had to hire an experienced coordinator.  They missed Kellen Moore. But that was the only type that was going to work.  MLF was a flawed idea.  He will be fine long term.  Hackett could help get Rodgers and really the best hope.  Someone like Brian Johnson was not going to work here. 

Tennessee has been good the past five year and great running the ball.  I don’t entirely get the negativity.  But I don’t think he is Bill Callahan either.

These were ok hires by a coaching staff on year 3 of possibly 3 years.  Whether it works out is dependent on whether the Jets can sign some type of QB that works for this team.  I don’t see this coaching staff coaching anyone up. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/31/2023 at 9:02 AM, Dcat said:

Sanchez was his waterloo.