Post here if you despise Woody Johnson

Dcat

I don't hate this person but to address the "woody likes Zach" rumor, wilson comes with a sponsorship from jetblue. It's a very unique situation.

The jets could cut Zach treat him like any other player and lose that sponsorship. It's always about the money. If Justin fields uncle founded met life he'd have been the pick instead 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Woody sucks

but wasn’t the last report that woody don’t like Wilson, and was pissed they stuck with him for so long 

Woody’s PR team planting both seeds to cover the big man in every scenario. When they decide BYU’s future, Woody’s flacks can revive one of the “leaks” while disavowing the other.

4 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Never understood the "Woody hate" thing. Always seemed to me like an easy scapegoat during this 12 year playoff draught. Has Woody been perfect? No. Has Woody been a terrible owner? I would also argue no. 

Lets take an unbiased look at his record. 

1) Buys the Jets in January of 2000.

2) In his first 3 years as owner, Jets do not have a losing record. Brings in Herm Edwards after first season as GM after stop gap coach Al Groh is let go by Johnson.

3) Herm Edwards teams make playoffs 3 out of 5 seasons (imagine that Jet fans) with two double digit win seasons.

4) After a bad 4-12 5th year at the helm, brings in Mangini, a much talked about hire at the time. Makes playoffs first year, bad second season, actually a winning record 9-7 in his 3rd year but no playoffs, let go.

5) Johnson hires Rex Ryan! Takes team to AFC Championship twice! Only 2 losing seasons in 6 seasons at helm. Makes right call and lets go of Rex after 6 seasons. 

6) Hired Todd Bowles, a MUCH praised hire in 2015, team goes 10-6 and then lets him fledge around for 3 more seasons.

7) Takes UK ambassadrship and Chris Johnson hires Gase. 

8. Brother hires Saleh. Since his return it has looked like Joe Douglas still makes football decisions and coach seems to have alot of flexibility, even so much as to bench the number 2 pick in season 2. 

All that aside, seems to pay contacts when asked, built a state of the art facility in Florham Park and has no crazy scandals (see Commanders) etc to speak of. 

What do you mean by meddling? Like an owner who doesnt have any interest in the team? Thats not going to happen. He owns the ****ign team. Does he do press conferences every game like JJ in Dallas or a physocpath like the guy in Carolina or DC? What meddling? 

How is this guy such a bad owner. Seems like lazy analysis to me. 

If he was just a crappy football owner (who wanted to win) that would be fine.  It's the non-football related stuff that makes me dislike him.  But we're not allowed to discuss it on here.  

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If he was just a crappy football owner (who wanted to win) that would be fine.  It's the non-football related stuff that makes me dislike him.  But we're not allowed to discuss it on here.  

I wish Woody was much richer

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

I don't hate this person but to address the "woody likes Zach" rumor, wilson comes with a sponsorship from jetblue. It's a very unique situation.

The jets could cut Zach treat him like any other player and lose that sponsorship. It's always about the money. If Justin fields uncle founded met life he'd have been the pick instead 

Were they already a sponsor before we drafted Wilson?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Solid franchise. Wish I could find one not on the turnpike.

15+ years ago there used to be one in the Trenton NJ transit station. Between the $5 quickie massage parlor and bodega that only sells loose cigarettes.

• Upvote 2