Post here if you despise Woody Johnson

Dcat

17 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't understand the whole "he's meddling" argument. It's his team. Do people expect him to just buy the team, pay the bills, keep quiet, and only speak when spoken to? 

If he wants them to win games, then yes.  100 %.  Finally hire a VP to run things like @T0mShane talked about earlier in the thread.  

Now, if he doesn’t care about winning that’s a whole different problem.  

• Upvote 1

Owning a team allows you to sit in on NFL HC and GM interviews and enjoy something that is awesome considering the popularity of the game.  It also should come with a level of humility that allows you to be in those meetings and know that you arent a football expert as it hasnt been something you have done for the past 20 years, so let the football people who you hired make the decisions.
Woody is and always has been a product of generational wealth. Hes never actually accomplished anything yet is still arrogant enough to meddle in an NFL team because his team has appreciated so much that he believes hes smart.
C'mon ... This is a load of sh*t... I agree you hire guys to make football decisions for the team .. but you own the gdam thing it's within your purview to do anything you want if you have sound thinking behind your decision ... If you are a complete moron , your coaches/GM can always walk out the door.... I don't see that happening at One Jets Drive and never have.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2023 at 8:15 PM, BCJet said:

Great list.  But please dont forget that he presided over (1/2) of the worst stadium in the NFL and has virtually no hope to get a new one anytime soon.

I will give him a pass on this one.  He wanted the West Side Stadium but was blocked by the extremely corrupt Sheldon Silver at the behest of his partner in crime James Dolan.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, batman10023 said:

The posters brand is conspiracy theories. It’s how he rolls. 

never mind his uncle was fired from JetBlue prior to Zach being in college. 

and all for a 1mm sponsorship.  Lol. 

Please refrain from clouding the issue with facts

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Green DNA said:

I will give him a pass on this one.  He wanted the West Side Stadium but was blocked by the extremely corrupt Sheldon Silver at the behest of his partner in crime James Dolan.

But even that was a case where a more powerful type owner could have persevered , Woody is not a significant personality , never was , even as a young man when people I know knew him in school.

Just a guy, not a bigger than life personality , Dolan and Silver could go up against him, against the Mayor and Governor who all thought a stadium there made huge sense because Woody was a weak personality , it would have been built with a Steve Cohen, a George Steinbrenner or before he got into politics, a Trump type personality/ owner also.

Think about it, a corrupt politician representing the owner of Madison SQ Garden and a very few of the usual suspects against all real estate development were able to defeat the Mayor, Governor and really the entire State who sufffered  when the Jets and hundreds upon hundreds of millions of tax dollars went  to New Jersey .

Woody was the weak link and never organized a powerful campaign, never enlisted the Media or fans of the team, just was ineffective, as usual.

• More Ugh 1

24 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

I never liked Woody right from the get go. He hired Herman Edwards for political reasons. Edwards destroyed the team. 

Well, being in the NYC area and with no friends amongst the other owners like the Mara’s had, Woody was under a lot of pressure from the league office and they felt Herm was the best of a bad situation , another case of weakness by the owner.

• Upvote 1

On 2/1/2023 at 9:43 AM, bitonti said:

That's what corporations call synergy 

They don't always plan it in advance sometimes it just happens 

The bottom line is that not every team has an official airline partner. The Jets have to tread lightly 

Is it Al’s “synergy” when Zach’s Uncle gets JetBlue to sponsor the NY Jets after he’s left that corporation?  
His uncle was gone on 2008.  A year before their sponsorship agreement.  

Poof, there goes Woody owed JetBlue and forced the drafting of Zach Wilson theory

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2023 at 1:55 PM, bitonti said:

I don't hate this person but to address the "woody likes Zach" rumor, wilson comes with a sponsorship from jetblue. It's a very unique situation.

The jets could cut Zach treat him like any other player and lose that sponsorship. It's always about the money. If Justin fields uncle founded met life he'd have been the pick instead 

Who sponsors the 49ers that made the 49ers chose Trey Lance over Justin Fields? And does Jet Blue sponsor the 49ers becuase they would have loved to pick ZW over Trey Lance and would have given up picks to do so

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2023 at 1:55 PM, bitonti said:

I don't hate this person but to address the "woody likes Zach" rumor, wilson comes with a sponsorship from jetblue. It's a very unique situation.

The jets could cut Zach treat him like any other player and lose that sponsorship. It's always about the money. If Justin fields uncle founded met life he'd have been the pick instead 

Wilson’s uncle ended his affiliation with Jet Blue in 2008.

Jet Blue went into their sponsorship agreement in 2009

Zach Wilson was drafted by the Jets in 2021

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Woody is and always has been the problem.

If this fan base turned on the owner in the same way they turned on Sanchez, Geno Smith, Darnold and now Wilson, and were as vocal about Woody as they were these young QB's, Woody would likely change his ways.

Hes a nerd who above all wants to be liked, this is why he hires weak ass coaches and gm's who make him feel liked.

The average Jet fan, which is well represented by this site, lets Woody off the hook by pitting their hatred on the young QB instead of Woody, and by doing so actually allow Woody to continue to run the Jets like a mickey mouse organization while making sh*t loads of money in the process.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Is it Al’s “synergy” when Zach’s Uncle gets JetBlue to sponsor the NY Jets after he’s left that corporation?  
His uncle was gone on 2008.  A year before their sponsorship agreement.  

Poof, there goes Woody owed JetBlue and forced the drafting of Zach Wilson theory

This is like when people say that woody has nothing to do with j&j

It's semantics. That uncle will always be the founder of Jet blue and woody will always be the grandson of the dude who invented band aids 

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

8 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Who sponsors the 49ers that made the 49ers chose Trey Lance over Justin Fields? And does Jet Blue sponsor the 49ers becuase they would have loved to pick ZW over Trey Lance and would have given up picks to do so

Trey Lance and Justin fields got to where they are in life on merit 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If he wants them to win games, then yes.  100 %.  Finally hire a VP to run things like @T0mShane talked about earlier in the thread.  

Now, if he doesn’t care about winning that’s a whole different problem.  

I would love to see him hire a VP of Football Operations but even if he did, I just can't imagine owning a football team and not having anything to do with it. That's all. I just feel like it's not a realistic expectation to have for any owner.

I agree the Jets are best served with Woody and Chris not involved, but in reality I just can't see someone owning a team and not involving themselves at all in things. I'd probably be a terrible owner. 

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Imagine if Trey Lance was the QB here and sat a year, put up the numbers he did, then got hurt for the year, would you be talking about his merit? LOL

Your take that ZW got drafted by the Jets becasue of Jet Blue is another atrocious take you have, of many....

Jets are incompetent enough to explain their failures, we don't need dumb conspiracy theories, do you happen to also be a big Qannon guy?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I dunno, not everybody is born 6’2 and above with powerful arms and 4.4-5 speed, that is mostly genetics, a gift from your parents, just like a 5’8 average guy who gets ahead due to family wealth has his parents to thank.

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Imagine if Trey Lance was the QB here and sat a year, put up the numbers he did, then got hurt for the year, would you be talking about his merit? LOL

Your take that ZW got drafted by the Jets becasue of Jet Blue is another atrocious take you have, of many....

Jets are incompetent enough to explain their failures, we don't need dumb conspiracy theories, do you happen to also be a big Qannon guy?

i don’t think there are very many Quannon guys in the entire country, that’s just another red herring  issue , I’ve certainly never met one but  Zach Wilson had no pedigree and pretty much just one good year at a non power five program, he was a west coast hyped up guy and never the prospect Justin Fields was, JF was a five star HS kid, played at top college programs was thicker faster and showed a more accurate arm than the two QBs drafted before him  but  a few self important pundits were able to knock Fields down 10 draft spots with their dumb opinions that in no way reflected that JF’s senior season, the Big ten shut down football and made the season very short , with much less time to practice with masks and other prohibitions and yea, he killed Clemson and TL and then looked bad in a loss against a top veteran team that played a full non interrupted season in the SEC. 

all that being said I still think ZW has the ability to succeed and getting rid of Lafluer will change everything.

2 hours ago, Leftylarry said:

But even that was a case where a more powerful type owner could have persevered , Woody is not a significant personality , never was , even as a young man when people I know knew him in school.

Just a guy, not a bigger than life personality , Dolan and Silver could go up against him, against the Mayor and Governor who all thought a stadium there made huge sense because Woody was a weak personality , it would have been built with a Steve Cohen, a George Steinbrenner or before he got into politics, a Trump type personality/ owner also.

Think about it, a corrupt politician representing the owner of Madison SQ Garden and a very few of the usual suspects against all real estate development were able to defeat the Mayor, Governor and really the entire State who sufffered  when the Jets and hundreds upon hundreds of millions of tax dollars went  to New Jersey .

Woody was the weak link and never organized a powerful campaign, never enlisted the Media or fans of the team, just was ineffective, as usual.

Woody was outmaneuvered by Guitar Jimmy Dolan. That's really all you need to know about Woody's business acumen.

He brought in a bunch of outsiders to get the WSS done, wasted a not insignificant amount of cash to get the Mayor, the Governor, public opinion and unions all on his side.

And all the while Dolan was laughing because he had Silver and Bruno in his pocket. The WSS was always DOA because Woody didn't know how the system worked.

• More Ugh 1

13 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

i don’t think there are very many Quannon guys in the entire country, that’s just another red herring  issue , I’ve certainly never met one but  Zach Wilson had no pedigree and pretty much just one good year at a non power five program, he was a west coast hyped up guy and never the prospect Justin Fields was, JF was a five star HS kid, played at top college programs was thicker faster and showed a more accurate arm than the two QBs drafted before him  and a few self important pundits were able to knock Fields down 10 draft spots with their dumb opinions that in way reflected that JF’s senior season, the Big ten shut down football and made the season short , with much less time to practice with masks and other prohibitions and yea, he killed Clemson and then looked bad in a loss against a top veteran team that played a full non interrupted season in the SEC. 

all that being said I still think ZW has the ability to succeed and getting rid of Lafluer will change everything.

Awesome, and Ill still say drafting ZW had zero to do with Jet blue, just like if the 49ers would have traded with us for the pick and drafted him, it woudl have had nothing to do with jet blue

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Leftylarry said:

I dunno, not everybody is born 6’2 and above with powerful arms and 4.4-5 speed, that is mostly genetics, a gift from your parents, just like a 5’8 average guy who gets ahead due to family wealth has his parents to thank.

Genetics are important but not that straight forward. 2 short people could give birth to an nba center. It's feasible. And 2 amazing athletes could give birth to a physical bum 

10 minutes ago, y2k8 said:

Woody was outmaneuvered by Guitar Jimmy Dolan. That's really all you need to know about Woody's business acumen.

He brought in a bunch of outsiders to get the WSS done, wasted a not insignificant amount of cash to get the Mayor, the Governor, public opinion and unions all on his side.

And all the while Dolan was laughing because he had Silver and Bruno in his pocket. The WSS was always DOA because Woody didn't know how the system worked.

So he's to blame for NYC political corruption ? 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Trey Lance still has unrealized potential though 

We know what we have in Zach. 

Without getting into the political stuff I'm as far from being a q person as can be but I am conservative in football matters like taking the field goal on 4th down 

Remember that the NFL is technically not a sport it's entertainment and the Supreme Court ruled that it need not be fair or impartial 

It's like watching the wwe it's not a conspiracy it's a script 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Trey Lance still has unrealized potential though 

We know what we have in Zach. 

Without getting into the political stuff I'm as far from being a q person as can be but I am conservative in football matters like taking the field goal on 4th down 

Remember that the NFL is technically not a sport it's entertainment and the Supreme Court ruled that it need not be fair or impartial 

It's like watching the wwe it's not a conspiracy it's a script 

lol, holy hell dude