Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (7) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker, JVOR, Hal

Ape (4) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash, Arsis

Crusher (3) - Jgb, Drums, Ape

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Lurker (1) - Pac

Not Voting (1) - Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (7) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker, JVOR, Hal

Crusher (3) - Jgb, Drums, Ape

Ape (3) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

Barry (1) - Arsis

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Lurker (1) - Pac

Not Voting (1) - Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

13 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Given it's a day one, odds are likely those small handful getting highly aggressive and particularly patting themselves on the back are dumb townies going after other dumb townies.  The strength of a D1 argument is hardly even a thing, unless there's a huge ****-up, so how quickly it turned into the opposite extremes of that is kind of nonsensical, both for supposed absolutes of right and wrong.

Most likely the majority of scum are among the quieter crowd (yeah, I know I can go FOS myself on that), although not necessarily based on post counts as much as those avoiding the slap fights.  A lot of this has been the same arguments going in circles so I'm curious to see if there's nearly a fraction as helpful some are trying to sell it as, or if we're just ready to get ourselves into full-on confirmation bias mode no matter what comes of it.

About the only things that stood out to me along this painful catch-up was Verbal's "strong" stance on his suspect list seems rather heavily dependent on votes for him being the ultimate scum-tell, which is either butthurt townie or paranoid scum, either being pretty weird from anyone that's played this a time or two before.  Crush also seems to be a little more wound up than usual, but from what I remember he's not only passive as town but even more as scum, so not sure what take from that at all.  At the moment JGB strikes me as just doing too good of a job convincing himself of some random things having major meaning, while self-appointing himself a martyr.

Most of the other blathering on going on didn't really register with me much at all outside a lot of the normal nonsense that goes through these games, especially around here.

I'm going to go eat now and ignore you guys again some more.  Try not to miss me too much.

Not fir nothing but this is the exact example of what I said earlier. You have an Uncanny ability to appeal to town and sit the fence. I’m officially concerned about you. 

15 hours ago, JiFields said:

proceeds to put the same list down but yo, 1 is maybe town, idk, how do you not understand? So dumb!

I dont even have a proper insult because all the appropriate insults are inappropriate to say these days.  

15 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Agreeing I deserved scrutiny doesn’t necessarily mean I’m all-in on you as town. It means I can look at it objectively that if you’re town, I get it.

I also think when I’m loose and sloppy scum likes to try to get me lynched. 

That last part could be true of anybody.

Eew.

I also play an impeccably precise game as scum leaving zero chance that I’d be lynched for slop… but, sure, you go in with the false meta.

Now it’s obvious.

Yeah, I don't think your memory is as good as you think.  For a big stretch of time, you had a very easy tell.  We'll see if it's back for this game or not.

Gross. Verbal and I are barely sparring. No need for us to shut up, plus this sentiment feels contrived given I know for a fact you like it when I’m functioning at full ape.

All crusher is really doing here is advocating the top 3 vote getters, no?

One thing we agree on.  This is nothing.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

About the only things that stood out to me along this painful catch-up was Verbal's "strong" stance on his suspect list seems rather heavily dependent on votes for him being the ultimate scum-tell, which is either butthurt townie or paranoid scum, either being pretty weird from anyone that's played this a time or two before. 

You didn't read, then.  I added the 2 that voted for me simply because of how they blindly followed Ape onto an easy train (me).  Opportunistic votes are always scummy, it just so happened that they were placed on me.

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

Yeah, I don't think your memory is as good as you think.  For a big stretch of time, you had a very easy tell.  We'll see if it's back for this game or not.

Whatever, I’m not going to debate meta and memories. Or split hairs over this stuff.

My prevailing point is that you’re calling upon the past to make a case in the present, in a manner that just feels contrived. What about what I’m doing in this game fits a scum agenda? Your reasoning around this to this point is hollow.

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

You didn't read, then.  I added the 2 that voted for me simply because of how they blindly followed Ape onto an easy train (me).  Opportunistic votes are always scummy, it just so happened that they were placed on me.

Explain how you, in that moment, we’re an easy train?

What semantics?

He voted me with a case where he put it on Hess if wrong and narrowed the choice between myself and jgb. I pointed it out. It was barely a dispute. To characterize it as static and clouding the game ignores completely my scum hunting meta and the reality that it wasn’t even a big deal.

The more you say, the less I believe it as anything but scummy fluff.

Incorrect.  Me agreeing with Hess does not absolve me from guilt if it all went wrong.  I literally posted about how I agreed with Hess and wanted to see what people thought.  Maybe they assumed I came up with it first.....but here's the thing - it doesn't actually matter.  I agree with it, I adopted it, I pushed it forward.

You can keep circling around the "but Verbal was trying to blame Hess for it" like some others have done, but that's just white noise (something you're exceptionally good at) and means nothing.

You admitted you were sus, AFTER I called you out on it.  Now you're trying to double back and push me for it.  Nope.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Whatever, I’m not going to debate meta and memories. Or split hairs over this stuff.

My prevailing point is that you’re calling upon the past to make a case in the present, in a manner that just feels contrived. What about what I’m doing in this game fits a scum agenda? Your reasoning around this to this point is hollow.

Dude, you're the one who literally brought up the topic of 10 year old meta, are you insane?  I'm just hoping you're trolling me, now.

21 hours ago, Verbal said:

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

2 scum pushing me together because it's easy D1?  Probably not.

2 townies just being lazy on D1 and following the Ape?  Possibly.

1 scum / 1 townie for both of the above?  Maybe the most likely out of the 3 options.......

You’re better than this. Perhaps to cheer you up I could interest you in a magic trick?

21 hours ago, Verbal said:

AVM, Stark, Crusher, Ape, JiF

That's my WTL for today.  GLGL

So now it’s me or Stark for sure, not Ape or JGB, but still maybe Ape.

only Sith and Verb on day 1 deal in absolutes (and those absolutes change)

16 hours ago, Verbal said:

Sticking with my prior list:

Stark

AVM

Ape

Crusher

JiF

Not in that order.

What exactly would be your order?

15 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I thought we played a couple years at JI first. Not sure those games made it here. One game there was the one I think EY made CTM a cross dressing zombie in or something. HaHa

Yeah you all played several games there, came here during the great migration and a bunch of us joined by game 2 or 3. Game 3 had me, Dan, Sharrow and others for the first time. Good times. 2008 or so sounds about right.

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Has no one shown AVM the wonders of the spy glass some of learned last game after playing for 10 + years and didn't know ?

AVM see the little magnifying glass next to the multi quote and quote options at the bottom of each post ? 

Click on that see what happens. 

If you already know then rule #14

oh and BTW you never had any spidey sense so carry on :)

9 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Yep absolutely nothing, not like I know it will continue all game till one of you are dead, then continue in the dead thread and then continue in the thread after the game. But yeah, it’s nothing. Haha 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Incorrect.  Me agreeing with Hess does not absolve me from guilt if it all went wrong.  I literally posted about how I agreed with Hess and wanted to see what people thought.  Maybe they assumed I came up with it first.....but here's the thing - it doesn't actually matter.  I agree with it, I adopted it, I pushed it forward.

You can keep circling around the "but Verbal was trying to blame Hess for it" like some others have done, but that's just white noise (something you're exceptionally good at) and means nothing.

You admitted you were sus, AFTER I called you out on it.  Now you're trying to double back and push me for it.  Nope.

I said suspecting me was fair.

Its how you’re doing it that has me waffling on you. And yes, I’m waffling. Waffle waffle waffle.

Just now, AVM said:

You’re better than this. Perhaps to cheer you up I could interest you in a magic trick?

So now it’s me or Stark for sure, not Ape or JGB, but still maybe Ape.

only Sith and Verb on day 1 deal in absolutes (and those absolutes change)

What exactly would be your order?

Yeah you all played several games there, came here during the great migration and a bunch of us joined by game 2 or 3. Game 3 had me, Dan, Sharrow and others for the first time. Good times. 2008 or so sounds about right.

I mean, I did say it was my "want to lynch", I didn't say everybody would be scum.  I did think KGB or Ape, but I'm leaning towards Ape there, clearly.  As for you and/or Stark, I was talking out loud and thinking one of you might be.  Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, right?

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I said suspecting me was fair.

Its how you’re doing it that has me waffling on you. And yes, I’m waffling. Waffle waffle waffle.

I bet you called your shot in the scum thread:  "watch this, I'm going to push Verbal back and just get him lynched because I can".

How close?

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Dude, you're the one who literally brought up the topic of 10 year old meta, are you insane?  I'm just hoping you're trolling me, now.

Ugh, gross.

You're talking about my meta and tells in your reasoning for sussing me. How is that me bringing it up?

Uoure creating a LOT of insignificant, peripheral debate pony’s like guys that don’t ultimately help. It’s now becoming static.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yep absolutely nothing, not like I know it will continue all game till one of you are dead, then continue in the dead thread and then continue in the thread after the game. But yeah, it’s nothing. Haha 

You're not wrong, lol.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

Ugh, gross.

You're talking about my meta and tells in your reasoning for sussing me. How is that me bringing it up?

Uoure creating a LOT of insignificant, peripheral debate pony’s like guys that don’t ultimately help. It’s now becoming static.

Are there other people in this fairytale world of yours?

18 hours ago, Stark said:

hypothetical ? 

deadline looms and JGB doesn't have enough votes to be the Lynch.

who's your 2nd or 3rd option

16 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

This game reminds me of a music festival. 

The last one I went to I found myself on the field during the second act, staring at the ground and midway through the third guitar solo I started to shake uncontrollably.  I wasn’t really “staring” really because I didn’t see anything in particular…but like, I saw everything. 

..and I wasn’t so much “shaking” as I was just feeling the rhythms of the earth flow through my body… loose…

The way I imagine jgb’s scummy body will flail from the gallows (no disrespect). 

16 hours ago, Stark said:

yo Peen

you gonna answer this or play ignore game

8 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

This is “gaming the mod” without offers to blow job us.

As my fellow deadheads would say, some “Sugar Free Magnolias”.

ok @Greenseed4

why you keep ignoring?

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

To be fair, he’s elevating it this morning after we called BS on how you called it static.