Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

5 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I did point to it and invite discussion, but when people kept referring to "my case", I simply let them know it wasn't and that I was agreeing with what Hess called out.

I'm responsible because I voted, not sure how I'm abdicating anything there.

2 hours ago, JiFields said:

And his "case" was weak sauce and it's kind of similar to what he's doing w/ you, so it's also a bit hypocritical in nature.

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

Second bold:  it wasn't my case - are you reading the game?  And where am I being hypocritical?  Please explain.

This is the exchange I was referring to. JiF says “your” case was weak, you say it’s not my case. Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but to me this comes off more like “don’t call my case weak, call Hess’ case weak” than a simple correction of the record. And if it is a correction of the record it’s a pretty useless one since you’ve essentially adopted the reasoning anyway.

57 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

2 scum pushing me together because it's easy D1?  Probably not.

2 townies just being lazy on D1 and following the Ape?  Possibly.

1 scum / 1 townie for both of the above?  Maybe the most likely out of the 3 options.......

omgus ping

@The Crusher and @JiFields are my top choices as of now both their play seems wildly divergent from their town play in all the other mafia games here in JN (yes I read them all prepping for last game).

I don’t think jvill is scum (or can’t read it). He’s playing the same cold and rational game he always plays. Jvill has few tells which is why I believe he was the best player in the last game we played.

Also, I disagree that my lynch won’t be informative. Every lynch is. And when I flip VT some of the more expert players I’m sure can glean something from the train action.

Now off to one of those stuffy business dinners that I despise.

Ciao for now fellows.

21 hours ago, Verbal said:

my gut agrees, but KGB's flip would actually tell a good story....which is why I think he's more likely town than Ape as he openly admits this

vote with me!

His lynch would certainly be informative, but I'm more wondering why more interest isn't being sparked in something Hess called out re: Ape.

^ this sequence

looks good, man

I'll sit back and wait for peeps to comment.

Verb keeps saying he's not making a case and simply joining on the heels of Hess, but here is, making a case for why jgb would be town and Ape is not.  We know Verb has dumb brains but this is the case, by definition.  He's presenting data, making observations and directing people to comment.

I'd kill it.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

@The Crusher and @JiFields are my top choices as of now both their play seems wildly divergent from their town play in all the other mafia games here in JN (yes I read them all prepping for last game).

I don’t think jvill is scum (or can’t read it). He’s playing the same cold and rational game he always plays. Jvill has few tells which is why I believe he was the best player in the last game we played.

Also, I disagree that my lynch won’t be informative. Every lynch is. And when I flip VT some of the more expert players I’m sure can glean something from the train action.

Ciao for now fellows.

Nope.  It's what I do every game, read, share pings, make jokes, hunt scum, vote who I think is scum, it's fun and I'm elite at it! 

22 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

This is the exchange I was referring to. JiF says “your” case was weak, you say it’s not my case. Maybe I’m reading it wrong, but to me this comes off more like “don’t call my case weak, call Hess’ case weak” than a simple correction of the record. And if it is a correction of the record it’s a pretty useless one since you’ve essentially adopted the reasoning anyway.

Yep, full hypocrite mode, he is gross

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (5) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker

Ape (4) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash, Arsis

Lurker (3) - JVOR, Pac, Hal

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (2) - Barry, Ape

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

3 hours ago, Stark said:

@Lurker89 @Barry McCockinner @Pac @Smashmouth @Greenseed4

you all playing or what

Yeah, I like my vote.  Don’t see the need to overthink it. Either my hunch is right and jgb is scum, or he’s a self-admitted VT (I believe he said it 4x which is super pingy), I’m which case he’s a safe lynch and helps provide around those who voted him or not.

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

I’m not really reading at all… but, is verbal really vote me because “one of me and JGB has to be scum” and doing it not for his own reasons, but for “something Hess said” … while hess ain’t even vote me?

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (5) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker

Ape (4) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash, Arsis

Verbal (3) - Stark, AVM, Ape

Lurker (3) - JVOR, Pac, Hal

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (1) - Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

This was my thinking.

More I read, the more your logic makes no sense. Why would we need to be on the sand team in order for me to render my thoughts on his motives. 

Furthermore, how are you commenting on my explanations of his behavior, while also saying I’m not over explaining?

Here we go, you've decided to back off and now come back at me.  You admitted you needed scrutiny and essentially agreed with the sus....and now you're gonna double down and keep coming.  I think you know the difference between offering a brief explanation (for you) and then not over explaining (which you usually do).

And you don't NEED to be on the same team, I literally said multiple times it was a gut feeling.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Oof, paint by number mafia? 

Bad look.

Any type of problem solving that isn't like your own, you look down on.  It's pathetic, and THAT's the bad look.

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

omgus ping

You realize I'm saying one of them is probably town, right?  You should read more.

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Vote verbal 

@CTM once bought me a gender neutral Fanny pack to match his. He filled it with hackey sacks and patchouli oil. 

This reminds me of that time.

And we've now come back full circle, nice work.

30 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I’m not really reading at all… but, is verbal really vote me because “one of me and JGB has to be scum” and doing it not for his own reasons, but for “something Hess said” … while hess ain’t even vote me?

I think we can leave the "Hess originated the idea" behind.  I don't give a bucket of monkey piss where he votes, I'm pushing where I want to push.  I was just correcting the semantics of it, which Jville has already put to bed (in a reasonable manner, I'd add).

It's my own reasons as well, I literally can't say "gut read" any more and have it potentially sink in, can I?

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Ciao for now fellows.

Don't worry I'll hop off your train if it really speeds up.

You're the yin to my yang

The Fin to my Fang Foom

yiAsMq4.jpg.0b61031ff369980c9b03d1dadb35d576.jpg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, HessStation said:

Is Lurker and Hal noobs?

3 hours ago, Stark said:

both

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yep

3 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Yes

Is it that obvious? 

40 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Yeah, I like my vote.  Don’t see the need to overthink it. Either my hunch is right and jgb is scum, or he’s a self-admitted VT (I believe he said it 4x which is super pingy), I’m which case he’s a safe lynch and helps provide around those who voted him or not.

So if KGB is VT, it tells us something useful about everyone else who voted for him, but not you because your intentions are pure?  

Ok.  I’m new.  I’ll accept that at face value.  

9 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Is it that obvious? 

So if KGB is VT, it tells us something useful about everyone else who voted for him, but not you because your intentions are pure?  

Ok.  I’m new.  I’ll accept that at face value.  

First off, my intentions are the purest… 

but also, it’s not just who votes him, it’s who doesn’t vote him, and how people have discussed voting him, defended him etc., it gives us a piece of information to look at, all the while protecting a town PR which is one of main objectives to winning as town.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

but also, it’s not just who votes him, it’s who doesn’t vote him, and how people have discussed voting him, defended him etc., it gives us a piece of information to look at, all the while protecting a town PR which is one of main objectives to winning as town.

Makes sense.  I don’t want to lynch because I don’t think he’s scum.  I don’t have a great feel for the other roles and their tells though if that’s what people are going for.  

But I get that’s how D1 is.  We will finally learn something lol.  

3 hours ago, Verbal said:

@AVM

@Stark

Not a good look for you guys just trying to cling to Ape's coattails.

I did say I was perceiving JGB as lost townie. I wasn't basing it off Ape. 

either way glad you have caught at least 2 or more scum in your "either or, or both" D1 phase.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

hypothetical ? 

deadline looms and JGB doesn't have enough votes to be the Lynch.

who's your 2nd or 3rd option

1 hour ago, Greenseed4 said:

This is correct logic. I’m a non downside lynch. You already know because I’ve revealed VT that I’m either that or scum. So no chance of taking out a town PR. Now, I prefer to lynch a scum day 1 but I’ve given the town a safe option if there isn’t a scum read that gets the votes.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

This thing where Ape tries to confuse a case by making 800 posts about it and ignoring all logic & reasoning, while bashing whatever might go against his way?

Yeah, that's how he rolls as scum.

Starting to come around a little to the Ape case. Still see JiF as more likely between the two (paraphrase: “I’m town but not going to grace you peons with my elite skills until mid game so good luck until then”). Crusher though is a major ping. He’s posted more in D1 than the entire last game as town and the style is the polar opposite from laid back town crush demeanor. Surprised more people aren’t at least talking about that.

50 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Yeah I don’t think it’s the votes that will give useful information but the tells dropped in those that discussed. Some are very out of character IMHO.

2 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I have my own strat I'm cooking up this game. 

For some reason a meth lab springs to mind 

1 hour ago, Lurker89 said:

Don't worry I'll hop off your train if it really speeds up.

You're the yin to my yang

The Fin to my Fang Foom

yiAsMq4.jpg.0b61031ff369980c9b03d1dadb35d576.jpg

I ain’t mad atcha. I’ll still be your boo either way.

• Haha 1