Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

13 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Holy crap this game escalated quickly for an early day 1.  Lots of very serious finger-pointing going on, which of course more often than not tends to be overly-rambunctious towns going full gear when there's no real evidence to work off of yet, but that at least helps to gather future evidence better than little more than nonsensical ramblings on day one that everyone will just claim are jokes on day 2 to avoid any true commitment.

I will say jgb seems far more likely to be the classic townie convincing himself of some big case out of nothing, more so than anyone with any variety of scum rushing out of the games like that, but I've also never played with him so who knows.  But I figure he frequently enjoys reminding everyone how much more he knows about the level to which the team many of us here root for truly sucks, so it seems pretty on par to me so far.

I still want Pac to die btw.

tl; dr

13 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Oh serious question @Jetsfan80 , how the hell are we supposed to know which of your scenes are meaningless incoherent nonsense, and which are actually real game scenes that count despite also being your personal brand of incoherence?

As a long-standing supporter of the modkill, it's disappointing to see Verbal is still apparently alive, but it would be kind of cool to know if there was really a missed day-kill attempt on AVM.

Your words cut.  They cut deep.

25 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Stop you're scaring me and probably Berbal as well

Yeah I'm not prepared for this entire game to start spamming.

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

I like how we’re about 7-8 pages into D1, half the game hasn’t posted, the rest is like, “you’re playing different GOTCHA!!!” with nobody pointing out that there like a lot of folks just playing their 2nd ever game. Hahaha… this is gonna be a wild one. Like the time @CTM gave my roomies and I a dimebag of pcp laced weed, we smoked it, then he drive us around in his families minivan trying to find a good place yo eat vegan ice cream..

I'm legit impressed with the level of detail you go into with these posts.  Bravo.

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (5) - Crusher, Jvill, Verbal, Peen, JiF

Hal (2) - Ballin, Stark

Lurker (2) - JVOR, Pac

Stark (2) - Smash, Hess

Pac (2) - BG, Leelou

Arsis (1) - Drums

JVOR (1) - AVM

Barry (1) - jgb

Verbal (1) - Arsis

Hess (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (4) - Hal, Ape, Lurker, Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

I like how we’re about 7-8 pages into D1, half the game hasn’t posted, the rest is like, “you’re playing different GOTCHA!!!” with nobody pointing out that there like a lot of folks just playing their 2nd ever game. Hahaha… this is gonna be a wild one. Like the time @CTM gave my roomies and I a dimebag of pcp laced weed, we smoked it, then he drive us around in his families minivan trying to find a good place yo eat vegan ice cream..

The only people I've noticed making this argument are the second game players (jgb and Hal to JiF, Lurker to jgb), and none of them actually voted there. I guess maybe Crusher's argument, but if that's what you're referring to I think his argument is more nuanced than simply "jgb is playing different".

15 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Kudos on finding the best nickname for @jgbto date.

795905493_the-office(1).gif.ad0ba49f1e7f8ac65c8ac3a9b981d5e4.gif

Partial to Johnny Law but kgb is catchier

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mod Note:  You're all boring me.  Only 10 pages in 60+ hours of real life game time for a 22-player game?  Unacceptable.

Tough sh*t turd

10 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

The only people I've noticed making this argument are the second game players (jgb and Hal to JiF, Lurker to jgb), and none of them actually voted there. I guess maybe Crusher's argument, but if that's what you're referring to I think his argument is more nuanced than simply "jgb is playing different".

Not that I have much of a track record but I also went hyper on 80 early in D1 last time. I yam what I yam.

49 minutes ago, Verbal said:

tl; dr

Your words cut.  They cut deep.

Yeah I'm not prepared for this entire game to start spamming.

Nothing (too) personal, but as you might recall I was always a fan of a good old-fashioned modkill.

Pretty sure my MK of Crush is still the most memorable moment of my mafia run.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This game is huge going to be mega chaos until the field is narrowed a bit. Culling the herd of inactives is, according to my reading, a pretty standard approach.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yeah, 2 newbies said it to me, which I was thinking to myself, how the F would you know?  We've played once and I died on N2, I was the town lover paired w/ the scum lover.  They saw me react to a mechanic and the only hunting I did, was at night before I was about to die.  Yes, naturally I nailed scum during that hunt and had already correctly called Smash's bluff and nailed Gsexy on one post but besides getting to see why I'm the great scum hunter of all time, how do they know that's the norm?  Only the real G's know about about my 4pm everything on on my body is 50% off sale.  

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

I'm legit impressed with the level of detail you go into with these posts.  Bravo.

One step too far in detail in my warped humor has always been a signature in the football threads. I’m just flexing it here a bit more. 

I’m a demented ****er.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Lol.

noobs, Ape either has a PR post restriction thing I think it’s called or he’s pretending he has one. 

my guess is he does and is prob 3rd party. Maybe a survivor which would be funny 

I win with the town, clown.

1 hour ago, jvill 51 said:

I just made it up after skimming. Kind of like the pickup lines @CTM uses on my roommate, Zoe.

43 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Yeah, 2 newbies said it to me, which I was thinking to myself, how the F would you know?  We've played once and I died on N2, I was the town lover paired w/ the scum lover.  They saw me react to a mechanic and the only hunting I did, was at night before I was about to die.  Yes, naturally I nailed scum during that hunt and had already correctly called Smash's bluff and nailed Gsexy on one post but besides getting to see why I'm the great scum hunter of all time, how do they know that's the norm?  Only the real G's know about about my 4pm everything on on my body is 50% off sale.  

Bitches don't know about batman.

Anyways, I'm not going off of meta on JGB because I didn't play or read last game, but my read is that it's a really weird and odd line in the sand to go at Barry like that with the rationale that was given. New player though, so could just be illogical. On the suspicious side, to not poke but to dig in as a declaration of guilt on what I consider a pretty light post is odd. On top of that, he's also being a little too unsuspicious of those going after him based on a flimsy case. One would think if he felt Barry was worthwhile as a lynch and others are chiming in to combat him he'd be a little more paranoid about it.

It's still early though and I could be wrong. I'd like a competing train to maximize info personally, but half the game is lurk mode.

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (6) - Crusher, Jvill, Verbal, Peen, JiF, Ape

Barry (2) - jgb, Hess

Hal (2) - Ballin, Stark

Lurker (2) - JVOR, Pac

Pac (2) - BG, Leelou

Stark (1) - Smash

Arsis (1) - Drums

JVOR (1) - AVM

Verbal (1) - Arsis

Hess (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (3) - Hal, Lurker, Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

I just made it up after skimming. Kind of like the pickup lines @CTM uses on my roommate, Zoe.

Cool cool. Speaking of acting different though, you seem like CTM slipped you something from his primo stash this game. The medical grade sh*t, not the dime bags he sells to the stoners on the quad. You scum?

coochpriv-monkey-cigar.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

Nothing (too) personal, but as you might recall I was always a fan of a good old-fashioned modkill.

Pretty sure my MK of Crush is still the most memorable moment of my mafia run.

Don't you hold the record for most modkills in a game?  Or was that Leelou?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

It's still early though and I could be wrong. I'd like a competing train to maximize info personally, but half the game is lurk mode.

Agree, getting somebody else up as a competing train would be nice.

I gotta catch a flight then in all day meetings next two days so not sure when and if I can post. So I have to do this now. I’m a safe lynch VT so not a disaster to swing loud and proud. Prefer to eat a scum NK but it doesn’t look like that’s my destiny this game.

If I do hang, look at those that led this effort.

Best of luck town!

4 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

How about this. Who else do you suspect beyond Barry here?

The ones who vaingloriously led the defense of an inactive player against the horror of one lousy vote would be a good place to start. I actually think Barry is town now and some scum thought it was an easy chance to build town cred to stick up for him. I hope this post deters from their plan but I would expect them to NK him, reveal him as town, and then boomerang me into a D2 lynch for “falsely chasing town.”

Best way to disrupt their effort is string me up to remove that option then look into his defenders. I’m a VT safe lynch.