Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

4 minutes ago, Leelou said:

So vote your best guess for scum. 

I don’t do rando I like to have one that stands above the rest.

My best guess now is JiF (Abberative game play) and crush (2nd to the party to jump on me). I don’t think jvill would be so hamfisted. He was the best player in the one game I played to date.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Lol what? Directing you to the person who can actually answer your question is pied pipering?

The pied piper’ing was he revealed, made a case and just unvoted and then you came in maintaining suspicion on what was giving me townish vibes. And now acting somewhat defensive to boot. Noted *scribbles mind notes with pen

8 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Lol what? Directing you to the person who can actually answer your question is pied pipering?

CTM is known for it and clearly Hess has CTM-on-the-brain.

I mean, a lobotomy is the only reasonable course of action, here.

Idk, I think Jgb is really scum and we nailed him, lol, like nothing he's saying seems genuine, other than the RL stuff.  Seems like he's almost trying fear monger peeps to peel off his train while "inviting" a lynch, yet posting a whole lot like he doesnt quite want to get lynched even though it's a good lynch because he's VT.  Speaking of which, how many times has he mentioned he's VT?  Almost like trying to say it so much you believe it.  It's the lawyer trying to beat something into the head of the jury w/ repetition.  lol  We heard you the first time.  lol  

Just now, jgb said:

Taking off and getting dirty looks. Just remember when the opportunity for cheap town cred is dangled by a loud D1 case, scum can’t resist.

Please identify if any of the following terms ring a bell for you:

2+2

MU

Mafia Championship

Thanks in advance.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFields said:

Idk, I think Jgb is really scum and we nailed him, lol, like nothing he's saying seems genuine, other than the RL stuff.  Seems like he's almost trying fear monger peeps to peel off his train while "inviting" a lynch, yet posting a whole lot like he doesnt quite want to get lynched even though it's a good lynch because he's VT.  Speaking of which, how many times has he mentioned he's VT?  Almost like trying to say it so much you believe it.  It's the lawyer trying to beat something into the head of the jury w/ repetition.  lol  We heard you the first time.  lol  

His lynch would certainly be informative, but I'm more wondering why more interest isn't being sparked in something Hess called out re: Ape.

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

The pied piper’ing was he revealed, made a case and just unvoted and then you came in maintaining suspicion on what was giving me townish vibes. And now acting somewhat defensive to boot. Noted *scribbles mind notes with pen

That makes more sense. And yeah I am maintaining suspicion on it, because he's been nudging the same case for pages but still hasn't acted on it. The only thing new is that he "now" thinks Barry is town, but to me he's been subtly laying the groundwork for that for several pages as well, well before unvoting.

28 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

100%

I feel like jgb thinks he made a great play in the first few pages, but really he’s just finding out that Jif and I gave him the roadmap to follow as cop last game. This sh*t isn’t as easy as it felt…. He’s “catching” townies, most likely.

Im just here for the herpes.

27 minutes ago, HessStation said:

This reads like you’re making the assumption he’s town 

^ this sequence

looks good, man

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

His lynch would certainly be informative, but I'm more wondering why more interest isn't being sparked in something Hess called out re: Ape.

The assuming he's town part?  Sure I guess, but why not just ask Ape?  And so what?  He's not the first to do it in this game.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JiFields said:

The assuming he's town part?  Sure I guess, but why not just ask Ape?  And so what?  He's not the first to do it in this game.

I'd rather see others comment, and I would consider it ignorant of most, but not from him.

9 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

That makes more sense. And yeah I am maintaining suspicion on it, because he's been nudging the same case for pages but still hasn't acted on it. The only thing new is that he "now" thinks Barry is town, but to me he's been subtly laying the groundwork for that for several pages as well, well before unvoting.

Fair.  Unvote vote Ape

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

I’ve revealed as VT and invited a lynch. I’ve then said when it happens, look to those that defended an inactive player against 1 vote when there were 7 others on the board. Not sure what you’re looking for here, pal. I’ve all but dug my own grave. 

I'm going to be honest, not sure what you're doing is accomplishing what you think you're doing if you're town. From my perspective you did a weird thing by fixating on Barry off of what I feel is a nothingburger and cryed foul because people dare suspect you. The game isn't simplistic, especially with veteran players and I find expecting the scum team to fall over themselves to get rid of you and asking the rest of town to follow your honeypot is what is likely going on here.

I do think that if you do end up flipping town, there is probably at least one scum voting you because at minimum you cast a huge floodlight on your play and provided an opportunity, but I don't think it's necessarily going to be a treasure trove of scum.

In any event, on my personal read there's suspicious things going on with your play in terms of you refusing to vote others you actually think is  think is sus, point out individuals you are suspicious of as well, and you being paranoid to reveal at L-6 or whatever it is, which feels more scum-leaning than vanilla townie. But...you're also new and new people do some illogical stuff.

• Post of the Week 1