Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Ape (4) - Verbal, Leelou, Hess, Smash

Jgb (4) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF

Verbal (2) - Arsis, Ape

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Hal (2) - Ballin, Stark

Lurker (2) - JVOR, Pac

Stark (1) - Hal

Pac (1) - BG

JVOR (1) - AVM

Hess (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (2) - Lurker, Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Verbal (2) - Arsis, Ape

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Hal (2) - Ballin, Stark

Lurker (2) - JVOR, Pac

Stark (1) - Hal

Pac (1) - BG

JVOR (1) - AVM

Hess (1) - Beaver

So just looking at the top 2 trains you have the jgb where everyone that voted has actually given reasons while the ape train is verbal saying something, leelou following, hess doing whatever, and smash following hess. Wtf? Seems pretty.. slapdick. 

30 minutes ago, Drums said:

So just looking at the top 2 trains you have the jgb where everyone that voted has actually given reasons while the ape train is verbal saying something, leelou following, hess doing whatever, and smash following hess. Wtf? Seems pretty.. slapdick. 

The Lurker Train is now at 3 and seeks legitimacy 

37 minutes ago, Drums said:

Actually Ape voted jbh then his next post was making assumptions like he was dumb town. I said it, Verb agreed hence our votes. Lee tallied on and Smash knows who’s the boss. 

There, that’s better❤️

37 minutes ago, Drums said:

Also, the other train happened for reasons on like page 3 which and when nobody cares. I didn’t even read any of that sh*te. 

super sus sus don’t break my heart 

Lurker (3) - JVOR, Pac, Hal

Verbal (2) - Arsis, Ape

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Hal (2) - Ballin, Stark

Pac (1) - BG

JVOR (1) - AVM

Hess (1) - Beaver

Game is off to a weird start. A little bit corny. Like a DM game… “Are you town?” LOL

If I’m alive after you thin the herd, I’ll help solve it. I’ve got some serious RL stuff I don’t want to discuss mid-game and I’m just here to goof off, keep it light, and be distracted for now.

• Sympathy 1

Lurker (3) - JVOR, Pac, Hal

Ape (3) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash

Verbal (2) - Arsis, Ape

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Hal (2) - Ballin, Stark

Peen (1) - Hess

Pac (1) - BG

JVOR (1) - AVM

Hess (1) - Beaver

13 hours ago, Drums said:

Why?

Because the interactions feels like it comes from opposite sides; therefore, I don't think they are on the same team.

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

This is a scummy vote, because of the qualifier. If we’re both town, it insulates him no matter which of us is lynched. Built-in cushion for being wrong.

Plus, it fuels the top 2 trains.

Not really, see above.  My gut is that you guys aren't on the same team, so it makes sense (to me) to vote one of you.  And fueling the top 2 trains so we have competing ones is kind of what we're looking for.....

Vote verbal 

Just not sitting right with the vibe in his vote for me. I don’t understand the logic at this point Ape or JGB… Based on?

That I razzed him for playing cocky? Or because I’ve posted jokes mostly to make fun of @CTM?

Like, what a drag you guys. This is why I like older men. 

Here you go thinking any of this has to do with anything other than content in your posts.  If you razzed me, I didn't notice.  It's not about you, it's about your weird assumptions in a post.

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

Actually Ape voted jbh then his next post was making assumptions like he was dumb town. I said it, Verb agreed hence our votes. Lee tallied on and Smash knows who’s the boss. 

There, that’s better❤️

^^^  Are people reading this game?  Hess has stated this multiple times.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:17 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

I simply cannot fathom the thought of taking part in the CTM search party mafia game until day 2. It seems far too bizarre for my tastes, and the thought of potentially being dragged into some kind of silly game of deception and underhand tactics doesn't agree with me one bit. I've heard tales of all sorts of chicanery and antics that take place during the game, and the thought of being an innocent bystander, yet still in the middle of all the madness and intrigue? No, I'm far too much a fan of my own peace and quiet to be joining in such a rowdy and hazardous affair. 

And speaking of hazards, where does one even go for a game such as this? Where and what is the etiquette for such a situation? I'm a little perplexed at the thought of searching for a place infested by who knows what kind of unsavory characters, quite honestly. And the smells? Heaven forbid I even imagine the smells that could be emanating from some of these less-than-reputable locations! Not to mention the stench of hippies, an odor I could no doubt never forget, that have decided to crash the scene. The image alone provides me a mental shudder, reinforcing my decision to stay away.

Then there's the thought of the game itself, and all the varying scenarios that could occur. Is it even healthy, mentally and physically, to put oneself in such a situation? My nerves couldn't handle the stress and pressure that I'm sure awaits. I'm sure some say, “Ah, but that's half the fun!”, yet I can't, in good conscience, subject myself or anyone else to the horrors that could indubitably ensue. No, it's best to stay at a distance for now, until day 2.

I offer up this selfie for now if it helps you determine whether I am worthy of your vote.

2017720686_DALLE2023-01-2515_18_56.thumb.png.5306088b6c7088d3b3db402553944d26.png

On 1/30/2023 at 3:03 AM, jgb said:

I can’t read this sh*t for a week

vote Barry

On 1/30/2023 at 3:13 AM, jgb said:

Seriously though his massive text wall is a way to be seen as active while neither offering nor searching for anything which is scummy. It’s as good a reason as any for a D1 lynch so let’s just get it over with. His post is also so long and so vague that there are at least 3 statements in there than can be cited to later to support different false claims. Town don’t act that way and breadcrumb multiple PRs. String him up!

Votes Barry for a dumb reason like every other goofball on day 1 who plays this game. Then 10 minutes later decided it’s a real vote because Barry’s first post of the game is a wall of text so Barry can appear like he’s doing something when he is not. Ok fine, just seems sorta early for that. 

On 1/30/2023 at 7:12 AM, The Crusher said:

No Ai story 

vote Arsis 

On 1/30/2023 at 7:20 AM, jgb said:

Barry has to go. He dropped a soft claim to cop in the first minute of the game. Real cop wouldn’t do that.

Look at his post — not participating until day 2 (when a cop would have an investigation report in hand) and using “indubitably” — Sherlock Holmes’ most famous word.

Real cop wouldn’t breadcrumb this stupidly and a VT wouldn’t breadcrumb at all this early in the game.

Dude is scum.

On 1/30/2023 at 7:28 AM, The Crusher said:

WTF dude? It’s too early fir this shit! Haha 

Ok, I get his reasoning to a point and I can entertain that after last game KGB could be feeling really good about his ability to find scum quick and effectively. 

Before anyone calls this a Noob thing in his second game please remember the dude was literally dominant as the cop his first game. Had better understanding of the terms and the strategy of the game game than most. If you didn’t play last game, rule #14

15 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Because the interactions feels like it comes from opposite sides; therefore, I don't think they are on the same team.

Not really, see above.  My gut is that you guys aren't on the same team, so it makes sense (to me) to vote one of you.  And fueling the top 2 trains so we have competing ones is kind of what we're looking for.....

Here you go thinking any of this has to do with anything other than content in your posts.  If you razzed me, I didn't notice.  It's not about you, it's about your weird assumptions in a post.

^^^  Are people reading this game?  Hess has stated this multiple times.

I don’t think many people are, tbh. 

On 1/30/2023 at 1:08 PM, jgb said:

It seems like is going to be a casual game, which is cool. So for all you casuals out there, lynching is main way to kill scum so why not help town win and vote Barry? 

On 1/30/2023 at 2:06 PM, jgb said:

Oh and I let the masses move me off 80 D1 last game in the interest of “a consensus.” Not this time. Barry’s my vote. 

On 1/30/2023 at 2:30 PM, jgb said:

If you can do better than random on D1, you lynch. I posit my case against Barry is likely the best we are going to do and get on with it.

On 1/30/2023 at 2:21 PM, jvill 51 said:

I took it as a joke but maybe he’s serious?

On 1/30/2023 at 2:49 PM, jvill 51 said:

Really? The game just started and we can't do better than lynching Barry off what seems to be an AI-generated post? Why not vote for me if that's the case?

On 1/30/2023 at 3:24 PM, jgb said:

At least I have a basis. There’s like 8 people voting for no reason.

On 1/30/2023 at 3:33 PM, jgb said:

Called out 80 last game early in D1 — correctly, I might add.

Maybe after leading the town to victory he believes his own bullshit? But the struggle I have here is he accuses Barry of putting up a wall of text to seem like he is playing and yet digs in at a pretty intense level here pretty much doing the same thing. Like some creepy weird used car salesman at this point. 

On 1/30/2023 at 3:24 PM, jgb said:

At least I have a basis. There’s like 8 people voting for no reason.

On 1/30/2023 at 3:44 PM, jvill 51 said:

A. Why the edit to this post? The original said something like “ask everyone else why they’re voting then get back to me”. Can’t remember the full wording and don’t think there’s much substance changed, but wording is definitely different.

B. I didn’t ask why you were voting, I asked why you think we can’t/won’t do any better than that case on Barry.

Probably nothing but not sure town is that concerned on how they present things were scum typically really wants to make sure to drive their point. Maybe just a lawyer thing? 

On 1/30/2023 at 4:13 PM, jgb said:

Time value of money. It’s my view that I am unlikely to find a better case in a reasonable amount of time. 

On 1/30/2023 at 4:38 PM, jvill 51 said:

What would you consider reasonable? The game barely started and there’s no deadline.

And am I correct that the case is essentially: Barry breadcrumbed cop because the word indubitably was used, and a real cop wouldn’t breadcrumb this early?

On 1/30/2023 at 4:40 PM, jgb said:

If you feel more comfortable with AI telling you to vote Pac, waste of both our time for me to re-explain what I’ve already explained.

Ok, so JVill using AI to generate a first day vote is a waste of both of their time. But, KGB nails Barry as scum, digs in hard and floods  the board with how amazing the case  it is off an AI generated post? To the point we should just all vote Barry and stop wasting time. Seems legit. 

9 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

What's going on in here?

Summary:

-KGB posts "case" on Barry

-Ape follows with a post that assumes town for KGB (weird, imo)

-Hess votes, I follow, along with Leelou

-Crusher defends Ape

-JiF still misses me from last game

-Pac is dumb

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ok, so JVill using AI to generate a first day vote is a waste of both of their time. But, KGB nails Barry as scum, digs in hard and floods  the board with how amazing the case  it is off an AI generated post? To the point we should just all vote Barry and stop wasting time. Seems legit. 

You're stretching here, and making it worse.  He never said it was an amazing case - he specifically said it was only the best he had for D1.

The more polarizing people get on this, the more people will defending sillyness.  I see this as silly, and even if KGB is scum, I feel forced to defend against what you're saying here.

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2023 at 4:51 PM, jgb said:

Huge game. I predict no lynches until day 3.

On 1/30/2023 at 5:10 PM, The Crusher said:

With only half the players voting you might be right.

On 1/30/2023 at 5:11 PM, jgb said:

Especially with some people trying to voteshame people. Wonder what their angle could be.

Oprah Winfrey Judging You GIF

So accuses me of vote shaming him and starts to plant the seed In scum. I had to ask what bite shaming is. Truth be told I wasn’t shaming his vote, I was shaming his reasoning. I think that’s clear. Instead of defending his case Rick solid case (according to him) he decides to start playing the” if you don’t agree with me your scum card.” So the intellectual aspect of his game is slipping and now starting the emotional stuff that typically follows someone’s typically false  logic being smashed against the floor. Trying to sell a bad case nobody is buying. 

Just now, Verbal said:

Summary:

-KGB posts "case" on Barry

-Ape follows with a post that assumes town for KGB (weird, imo)

-Hess votes, I follow, along with Leelou

-Crusher defends Ape

-JiF still misses me from last game

-Pac is dumb

Well you won't hear any arguments from me on the last point.  

• Upvote 1

Vote verbal 

Just not sitting right with the vibe in his vote for me. I don’t understand the logic at this point Ape or JGB… Based on?

That I razzed him for playing cocky? Or because I’ve posted jokes mostly to make fun of @CTM?

Like, what a drag you guys. This is why I like older men. 

I like this vote, and smell what you're stepping in w/ Verb.  He was pinging when he was posting a bunch yesterday, and I was questioning his process, like almost trying to direct toward you.  And his "case" was weak sauce and it's kind of similar to what he's doing w/ you, so it's also a bit hypocritical in nature.  I would be down w/ a Verb train but that said, I cant get it out of my head that jgb was caught on day 1 and doesnt know how to react.  Nothing felt right about his reveal, it was unnecessary and everything he posted following made him look worse.