Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

17 hours ago, JiFields said:

Idk, I think Jgb is really scum and we nailed him, lol, like nothing he's saying seems genuine, other than the RL stuff.  Seems like he's almost trying fear monger peeps to peel off his train while "inviting" a lynch, yet posting a whole lot like he doesnt quite want to get lynched even though it's a good lynch because he's VT.  Speaking of which, how many times has he mentioned he's VT?  Almost like trying to say it so much you believe it.  It's the lawyer trying to beat something into the head of the jury w/ repetition.  lol  We heard you the first time.  lol  

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Probably nothing but not sure town is that concerned on how they present things were scum typically really wants to make sure to drive their point. Maybe just a lawyer thing? 

Gay Cowboy GIF by HKAtlanta

• Post of the Week 1

On 1/30/2023 at 5:11 PM, jvill 51 said:

I don’t need AI to tell me to vote Pac, how dare you.

I was hoping for some kind of explanation for why I shouldn’t switch my vote to you. I’m not buying that you are so convinced on your case on Barry that you truly think we can’t do better, so much so that you are pushing to lynch Barry with the quickness before the game really gets going based on what appears to be an AI generated post.

And then there’s the peripherals: when questioned on it we get an edited post in which you didn’t answer the question but deflected to others. And the case itself looks like it’s searching for power role hints, which is the sort of thing that’s of much more interest to scum than townies.

unvote vote jgb

On 1/30/2023 at 5:14 PM, jgb said:

I didn’t say I was convinced. I said it was the best — really only — basis to vote for someone. Since lynching is the only way town can kill scum, it’s a lost opportunity to not lynch everyday.

Feel free to emo vote me, you seem very interested in preventing any sort of consensus since you chose to come after my vote which has some basis (we can debate at how strong) while giving a pass to the 8 voting with none.

When you hit a nerve, keep drilling.

You know that technique of mirroring when scum accusers of doing exactly what they are doing. He accuses Jvill of emo voting him as he becomes more and more emo.. 

Also kind of odd he now says he is not necessarily convinced it’s the best case in the game? I do like the light introduction of the straw man that he lightly sprinkles that he’s just trying to make sure we get a consensus vote.,

Also, he offers to debate the strength of this case rust he is now not convinced it’s a case. But as we will see he never really does. He just go’s full emo, the same emo he just accused Jvill of doing. 

43 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Votes Barry for a dumb reason like every other goofball on day 1 who plays this game. Then 10 minutes later decided it’s a real vote because Barry’s first post of the game is a wall of text so Barry can appear like he’s doing something when he is not. Ok fine, just seems sorta early for that. 

27 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Maybe after leading the town to victory he believes his own bullsh*t? But the struggle I have here is he accuses Barry of putting up a wall of text to seem like he is playing and yet digs in at a pretty intense level here pretty much doing the same thing. Like some creepy weird used car salesman at this point. 

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ok, so JVill using AI to generate a first day vote is a waste of both of their time. But, KGB nails Barry as scum, digs in hard and floods  the board with how amazing the case  it is off an AI generated post? To the point we should just all vote Barry and stop wasting time. Seems legit. 

Town crush only cares about lunch and cracking jokes. This is a creeps level of zeal.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You know that technique of mirroring when scum accusers of doing exactly what they are doing. He accuses Jvill of emo voting him as he becomes more and more emo.. 

Also kind of odd he now says he is not necessarily convinced it’s the best case in the game? I do like the light introduction of the straw man that he lightly sprinkles that he’s just trying to make sure we get a consensus vote.,

Also, he offers to debate the strength of this case rust he is now not convinced it’s a case. But as we will see he never really does. He just go’s full emo, the same emo he just accused Jvill of doing. 

If you think I was “hammering” my admittedly weak case on Barry — what is this? Spammering? This is not town crush behavior.

16 minutes ago, Verbal said:

You're stretching here, and making it worse.  He never said it was an amazing case - he specifically said it was only the best he had for D1.

The more polarizing people get on this, the more people will defending sillyness.  I see this as silly, and even if KGB is scum, I feel forced to defend against what you're saying here.

I dont think he's stretching at all.  I find myself nodding w/ every Crusher post.  

What did you think about Jgb's reveal, constant repeating of his role, offering himself as a safe lynch but then defending himself repeatedly, while fear mongering that scum had to be forcing his train that was nowhere near a lynch w/ over 48 hours left before the deadline?

On 1/30/2023 at 5:30 PM, jgb said:

I’m predicting we won’t do better, yes. It’s a pretty strong D1 case, such as they are.

Besides, the question isn’t why would I vote for someone on (you believe) specious evidence… it’s why would someone defend another so vociferously so early. Everyone is throwing out votes. You’re the only one playing bodyguard. You’re the outlier, friend.

Now he predicts the case he isn’t convinced will be better than any other day 1 case. 

Also now introducing the if you don’t  agree with my case you must be scum with Barry and protecting him, so again never debating the strength of the case , like he offered to, just more emotional plea stuff. Playing the victim card. 

On 1/30/2023 at 5:30 PM, The Crusher said:

Jealousy is a wasted emotion. Day 1 is a crapshoot. Sometimes those that post more get more attention and catch votes. Not much to go on at all, you putting together the thing on Barry is no less solid than the reason I vote you. Might be nothing but just a weird little slip. As good as you are at this game and the awesome job you did last game does not change the fact that the next time you are scum will be your first. First time scum do things different than they do when they play as town. 

On 1/30/2023 at 5:33 PM, jgb said:

Some evidence, regardless of how weak > zero evidence.

It’s the odds, that’s all.

Just so you’re following his evidence is the only evidence. 

11 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I like this vote, and smell what you're stepping in w/ Verb.  He was pinging when he was posting a bunch yesterday, and I was questioning his process, like almost trying to direct toward you.  And his "case" was weak sauce and it's kind of similar to what he's doing w/ you, so it's also a bit hypocritical in nature.  I would be down w/ a Verb train but that said, I cant get it out of my head that jgb was caught on day 1 and doesnt know how to react.  Nothing felt right about his reveal, it was unnecessary and everything he posted following made him look worse. 

I was surprised that my admittedly weak case drew such a vigorous response when it was one of 8 single-votes.

I do believe the information gained from said response is valuable, however.

On 1/31/2023 at 2:34 AM, jgb said:

Yes, I voted for the guy who “joke” claimed cop in the first ten minutes of the game because it’s by far the scummiest thing in the game thus far.

The bros rushing to Barry’s defense over one lousy vote — and only his defense in a game with 9 people getting votes — that is very suspicious, also.

I would dare say at least one thing is scummier. 

Again though no really debate or defense, just all the bad bros who and defending Barry are scum. Throws shade but still no debate. Funny enough we are all overreacting to one lousy vote but him claiming he  caught scum in one lousy AI post and it’s the best in the game? Damn? Maybe he isn’t scum, just writing a book on contradiction and Narcissism? I’d read it. 

23 minutes ago, Verbal said:

You're stretching here, and making it worse.  He never said it was an amazing case - he specifically said it was only the best he had for D1.

The more polarizing people get on this, the more people will defending sillyness.  I see this as silly, and even if KGB is scum, I feel forced to defend against what you're saying here.

You're stretching more than Crusher here. He declared like a couple of hours into the game that there wouldn't be a better case on D1. It was so ridiculous I thought he was joking around, but when questioned on it he at first doubled down. He only started backing off the strength of the case when called out on it. We went from nope not doing better today lets string Barry up and get to night, to "admittedly weak".

On 1/31/2023 at 7:57 AM, The Crusher said:

Just because someone disagrees with your read, it doesn’t mean it’s a defense of the player. I think it’s a very weak case and the more you cling to it as “ the best case in the game ” you slowly make my case against you better. First time scum like to latch on to something basically anything. Every post you make is basically making my case. 

Just posting this because I was trying to explain to him my point. Later we will see he just keeps accusing everyone who disagrees is defending Barry, so must be scum. When I finally go at him, he accuses me of not being the jovial Crisher  and being mean to him so voted me because I must be scum too. Might want to look up OMGUS vote Jonny in case you missed that one. 

On 1/31/2023 at 8:51 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

My first post contains no bread crumbs or claims of any sort. It's an AI generated response to a prompt asking it to give a reason for not participating until day 2 (as I said I wouldn't in the sign up thread) in an online mafia game about ctm search party. I also asked it to complain the stench of hippies.

Just want to nip that in the bud. See you f'n dorks day 2 if I survive.

disturbed.png.3011657ff6760c8c1eb96d6487ab9a0b.png

On 1/31/2023 at 9:20 AM, The Crusher said:

Yeah we will never get that half hour back. The prodigal son of mafia is a having a serious case of first day tunneling. 

On 1/31/2023 at 9:25 AM, jgb said:

Actually we have gotten some information from it

100% agree with this KGB post. Pretty sure we won’t agree exactly on what that info is though. 

16 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Ok.  I need to vote someone then.  Who?  How about YOU 

emo Vote Stark 

I don’t think JiF is Mafia now FWIW 

so why the change? you only caught what 1 or 2 votes?

11 hours ago, Drums said:

So just looking at the top 2 trains you have the jgb where everyone that voted has actually given reasons while the ape train is verbal saying something, leelou following, hess doing whatever, and smash following hess. Wtf? Seems pretty.. slapdick. 

yes the Ape train feels manufactured, agree

44 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Summary:

-KGB posts "case" on Barry

-Ape follows with a post that assumes town for KGB (weird, imo)

-Hess votes, I follow, along with Leelou

-Crusher defends Ape

-JiF still misses me from last game

-Pac is dumb

very fair summarization 

11 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

You're stretching more than Crusher here. He declared like a couple of hours into the game that there wouldn't be a better case on D1. It was so ridiculous I thought he was joking around, but when questioned on it he at first doubled down. He only started backing off the strength of the case when called out on it. We went from nope not doing better today lets string Barry up and get to night, to "admittedly weak".

this JGB thing is really filling up 14 pages. and im with you here

UNVOTE

VOTE VERBAL

competing trains with the Ape who he voted for and im not feeling the ape vote at all, hedging his vote and honestly the JGB thing is tired at this point.

plus 80 said if I voted you he'd give me a gun

Archer_shooting.gif.b87a262a72a46f0eb315cd0cb73ee8aa.gif

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Yes, it does. But you already found the best case 10 minutes into the game? Nice contradiction. 

no one has a best case yet JGB feels like lost town trying to prove a point. MVP performance last game to feels like dogsh!t so far. 

On 1/31/2023 at 7:00 PM, Integrity28 said:

Really hoping jgb isn’t roled, he’s an absolute calamity right now. Making himself a layup Lynch candidate.

Fair point 

23 hours ago, jgb said:

This game is huge going to be mega chaos until the field is narrowed a bit. Culling the herd of inactives is, according to my reading, a pretty standard approach.

So now his new straw man is I was just trying to cull the heard. 

22 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Vote jgb

Weird bite after last post. 

19 hours ago, jgb said:

Care to explain other than easy ticket to a free ride? 

Fair question to Ape. Though Ape should respond.” Uhh, culling the heard.” 

19 hours ago, jgb said:

I gotta catch a flight then in all day meetings next two days so not sure when and if I can post. So I have to do this now. I’m a safe lynch VT so not a disaster to swing loud and proud. Prefer to eat a scum NK but it doesn’t look like that’s my destiny this game.

If I do hang, look at those that led this effort.

Best of luck town!

Good luck on your trip brother. I would dare say KGB himself led his own effort to be hung. 

19 hours ago, jgb said:

The ones who vaingloriously led the defense of an inactive player against the horror of one lousy vote would be a good place to start. I actually think Barry is town now and some scum thought it was an easy chance to build town cred to stick up for him. I hope this post deters from their plan but I would expect them to NK him, reveal him as town, and then boomerang me into a D2 lynch for “falsely chasing town.”

Best way to disrupt their effort is string me up to remove that option then look into his defenders. I’m a VT safe lynch.

Barry was already inactive after his first post made my AI. Doesn’t that mean the AI would be the guilty one? 

Yes, us scums defended Barry because it would get us credit later. Or scum could have jumped on your train on Barry and blamed you if he flipped town. Interesting how you seem to already know Barry is town. What post did he make that changed your mind?

19 hours ago, jgb said:

Unvote

Damn it, you give up know? I was just coming around in Barry. Be awesome if both scum and they just attempted the worst gambit ever! Haha 

19 hours ago, jgb said:

I honestly believe my lynching and exposure as VT will put town on the trail of scum. The rallying to Barry’s defense was extremely sus when the board had 8 votes all for different players and they zeroed in on the one pressing a case the loudest. I believe some scum has been exposed reaching for cheap town cred.

Honestly? So now we are scum for defending Barry as scum instead of scum fir defending Barry as town to get street cred after you are lynched and flip town? Just can’t win with you.

37 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I like this vote, and smell what you're stepping in w/ Verb.  He was pinging when he was posting a bunch yesterday, and I was questioning his process, like almost trying to direct toward you.  And his "case" was weak sauce and it's kind of similar to what he's doing w/ you, so it's also a bit hypocritical in nature.  I would be down w/ a Verb train but that said, I cant get it out of my head that jgb was caught on day 1 and doesnt know how to react.  Nothing felt right about his reveal, it was unnecessary and everything he posted following made him look worse. 

First bold:  how was I pinging yesterday?

Second bold:  it wasn't my case - are you reading the game?  And where am I being hypocritical?  Please explain.

26 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I dont think he's stretching at all.  I find myself nodding w/ every Crusher post.  

What did you think about Jgb's reveal, constant repeating of his role, offering himself as a safe lynch but then defending himself repeatedly, while fear mongering that scum had to be forcing his train that was nowhere near a lynch w/ over 48 hours left before the deadline?

You're nodding 'into his lap', but I don't think it has anything to do with mafia, lol.

I initially thought KGB looked bad, but Ape's post really appeared to assume town....which is impossible unless scum, right?  What is your impression of that?

57 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Probably nothing but not sure town is that concerned on how they present things were scum typically really wants to make sure to drive their point. Maybe just a lawyer thing? 

My concern with it was the original wording was more combative and invited a response. The changed wording was more nonchalant. Substance the same, tone different.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Because the interactions feels like it comes from opposite sides; therefore, I don't think they are on the same team.

Not really, see above.  My gut is that you guys aren't on the same team, so it makes sense (to me) to vote one of you.  And fueling the top 2 trains so we have competing ones is kind of what we're looking for.....

Here you go thinking any of this has to do with anything other than content in your posts.  If you razzed me, I didn't notice.  It's not about you, it's about your weird assumptions in a post.

^^^  Are people reading this game?  Hess has stated this multiple times.

Apparently no, and for day 1 Ape alluding to jbh as a dumb town after he voted him is my most pingy. 

Besides trying to pull some creepers out of their burrows i can switch back to Ape. jgh and Drums until he made that comment are my most feel good town bros. 

5 minutes ago, Stark said:

no one has a best case yet JGB feels like lost town trying to prove a point. MVP performance last game to feels like dogsh!t so far. 

So you think KGB is likely town, which would be likely based on Ape's post that assumed as much (when he shouldn't know).....so when I agree with the call out there and vote, you follow their OMGUS vote on me?

You see how this seems weird?

18 hours ago, JiFields said:

Idk, I think Jgb is really scum and we nailed him, lol, like nothing he's saying seems genuine, other than the RL stuff.  Seems like he's almost trying fear monger peeps to peel off his train while "inviting" a lynch, yet posting a whole lot like he doesnt quite want to get lynched even though it's a good lynch because he's VT.  Speaking of which, how many times has he mentioned he's VT?  Almost like trying to say it so much you believe it.  It's the lawyer trying to beat something into the head of the jury w/ repetition.  lol  We heard you the first time.  lol  

^^ “ He’s Batman!” 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Apparently no, and for day 1 Ape alluding to jbh as a dumb town after he voted him is my most pingy. 

Besides trying to pull some creepers out of their burrows i can switch back to Ape. jgh and Drums until he made that comment are my most feel good town bros. 

What about Drums' last comment?  Was it the post where he clearly wasn't paying attention and said I had cased Ape and you were "doing whatever"?

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Votes Barry for a dumb reason like every other goofball on day 1 who plays this game. Then 10 minutes later decided it’s a real vote because Barry’s first post of the game is a wall of text so Barry can appear like he’s doing something when he is not. Ok fine, just seems sorta early for that. 

Interestingly and reading that for the first time I agree w jrb 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

What was your first clue? 

Ape assuming KGB was town without calling out why.  Ape is an over-explainer, and he offered zero explanation - just assumption.  Made me feel like they weren't on the same team, gut read.

18 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I'm going to be honest, not sure what you're doing is accomplishing what you think you're doing if you're town. From my perspective you did a weird thing by fixating on Barry off of what I feel is a nothingburger and cryed foul because people dare suspect you. The game isn't simplistic, especially with veteran players and I find expecting the scum team to fall over themselves to get rid of you and asking the rest of town to follow your honeypot is what is likely going on here.

I do think that if you do end up flipping town, there is probably at least one scum voting you because at minimum you cast a huge floodlight on your play and provided an opportunity, but I don't think it's necessarily going to be a treasure trove of scum.

In any event, on my personal read there's suspicious things going on with your play in terms of you refusing to vote others you actually think is  think is sus, point out individuals you are suspicious of as well, and you being paranoid to reveal at L-6 or whatever it is, which feels more scum-leaning than vanilla townie. But...you're also new and new people do some illogical stuff.

Nice post. But trust me, don’t buy into the newbie thing. He played his first game last game and literally taught a clinic in playing Doc. He’s easily one of the smartest people I’ve played with with. He digests information at the same rate my body does simple sugars and bacon grease! 

18 hours ago, Verbal said:

His lynch would certainly be informative, but I'm more wondering why more interest isn't being sparked in something Hess called out re: Ape.

18 hours ago, JiFields said:

The assuming he's town part?  Sure I guess, but why not just ask Ape?  And so what?  He's not the first to do it in this game.

Dont be a little whore, that's my job. 

I literally quoted you questioning your stupid rationale and directing people toward Ape via Hess.

19 hours ago, jgb said:

I don’t do rando I like to have one that stands above the rest.

My best guess now is JiF (Abberative game play) and crush (2nd to the party to jump on me). I don’t think jvill would be so hamfisted. He was the best player in the one game I played to date.

Fear mongering 

18 hours ago, jgb said:

Taking off and getting dirty looks. Just remember when the opportunity for cheap town cred is dangled by a loud D1 case, scum can’t resist.

Another emotional pleas 

15 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Nobody defending Barry with one vote. We took your heavy stance based on an AI post and you claiming "its the best Case in the game" nonsense. It has zero to do with Barry, he just happens to be the dummy who made that post you saw things that quite honestly werent there. Stop acting like Barry was being defended, your ridicolous case and stance on basically his first post, not even a real post is what under attack. I'm not defending Barry I'm attacking your case.  You trying to change the narrative is very scummy and quite honestly pretty dumb. Town doesn;t know who is who, they make wrong decisions and lynch town all game especially on day 1. You pointing it out as anything else is crap. Your scum. 

15 hours ago, jgb said:

Yikes. This is such a glaring departure from town crush’s jovial demeanor that it can no longer be ignored.

vote crush

There it is, the old Crusher not fat and happy so must be scum because he mean to me vote. I’m tired.