Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

43 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I dont think he's stretching at all.  I find myself nodding w/ every Crusher post.  

What did you think about Jgb's reveal, constant repeating of his role, offering himself as a safe lynch but then defending himself repeatedly, while fear mongering that scum had to be forcing his train that was nowhere near a lynch w/ over 48 hours left before the deadline?

Meh, I’ve done that myself before and so has most player.. You’re busy but then get caught up in the game and do stupid sh*t like playing during a work conference or driving. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Verbal said:

So you think KGB is likely town, which would be likely based on Ape's post that assumed as much (when he shouldn't know).....so when I agree with the call out there and vote, you follow their OMGUS vote on me?

You see how this seems weird?

kind of yeah.  taking apes summation of JGB being a townie out of it. that is how I am perceiving jgb 

you could have just voted ape for "reasons" but you had to say that either ape or JGB was probably town/scum. like why not just say it was ape and why. creating a hedge on a vote is not a good look. 

ape train vs Verb train. I like it.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

You're stretching here, and making it worse.  He never said it was an amazing case - he specifically said it was only the best he had for D1.

The more polarizing people get on this, the more people will defending sillyness.  I see this as silly, and even if KGB is scum, I feel forced to defend against what you're saying here.

Sorry still working on my hyperbole skills. 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Game is off to a weird start. A little bit corny. Like a DM game… “Are you town?” LOL

If I’m alive after you thin the herd, I’ll help solve it. I’ve got some serious RL stuff I don’t want to discuss mid-game and I’m just here to goof off, keep it light, and be distracted for now.

Vote ape

26 minutes ago, Stark said:

so why the change? you only caught what 1 or 2 votes?

yes the Ape train feels manufactured, agree

very fair summarization 

this JGB thing is really filling up 14 pages. and im with you here

UNVOTE

VOTE VERBAL

competing trains with the Ape who he voted for and im not feeling the ape vote at all, hedging his vote and honestly the JGB thing is tired at this point.

plus 80 said if I voted you he'd give me a gun

Archer_shooting.gif.b87a262a72a46f0eb315cd0cb73ee8aa.gif

Blah Unvote vote Stark

48 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I dont think he's stretching at all.  I find myself nodding w/ every Crusher post.  

What did you think about Jgb's reveal, constant repeating of his role, offering himself as a safe lynch but then defending himself repeatedly, while fear mongering that scum had to be forcing his train that was nowhere near a lynch w/ over 48 hours left before the deadline?

Personally, I don’t like the way/timing of JGB reveal, but he’s also said he’s going to basically be out of the game with work, so that’s not as high of a mark against him. What really doesn’t sit right is how he wasn’t voting one of his top scum leans at the time and it’s why I poked him about it a bit. I’m going back and forth of if he’s more leaning over eager townie who thinks he got a d1 gotcha or scum jumping on something. I’m more leaning towards the town side at this point. I reread through Ape’s posts before voting along with Verbal and I think it’s a good wagon due to how he was posting about JGB after his reveal. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Ape assuming KGB was town without calling out why.  Ape is an over-explainer, and he offered zero explanation - just assumption.  Made me feel like they weren't on the same team, gut read.

That’s fair. I thought the part were Aoe said he was a layup Lynch and then went and voted him was pretty odd. Who knows? 

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Personally, I don’t like the way/timing of JGB reveal, but he’s also said he’s going to basically be out of the game with work, so that’s not as high of a mark against him. What really doesn’t sit right is how he wasn’t voting one of his top scum leans at the time and it’s why I poked him about it a bit. I’m going back and forth of if he’s more leaning over eager townie who thinks he got a d1 gotcha or scum jumping on something. I’m more leaning towards the town side at this point. I reread through Ape’s posts before voting along with Verbal and I think it’s a good wagon due to how he was posting about JGB after his reveal. 

pretty much how I feel on JGB

19 minutes ago, Verbal said:

What about Drums' last comment?  Was it the post where he clearly wasn't paying attention and said I had cased Ape and you were "doing whatever"?

The post where he claimed jrh’s or whatever his name is made sense but Ape’s train didn’t. Verb picked up on it…what I noticed from Ape on jhb…and we voted. Yeah Lee and Smash just sorta jumped on it but I will cut anyone who messes w Smash bc we’re vibing. 

claiming there was no reason for Apes train but jrz’s made sense was gross

• Upvote 1

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Ape (4) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash, Arsis

Jgb (4) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF

Lurker (3) - JVOR, Pac, Hal

Verbal (2) - Ape, Stark

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

JVOR (1) - AVM

Hess (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (2) - Lurker, Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

20 hours ago, jgb said:

I gotta catch a flight then in all day meetings next two days so not sure when and if I can post. So I have to do this now. I’m a safe lynch VT so not a disaster to swing loud and proud. Prefer to eat a scum NK but it doesn’t look like that’s my destiny this game.

If I do hang, look at those that led this effort.

Best of luck town!

I can’t tell if this is the roll over in order to buy yourself some time play or the 10k IQ/self absorbed “my play will win us the game” nonsense the LK used to do but el oh el

19 hours ago, HessStation said:

I may have caught two scum on my first day back. It’s like riding a bicycle 

May? Your lack of complete confidence in yourself makes me sad and frightened ?

18 hours ago, Verbal said:

His lynch would certainly be informative, but I'm more wondering why more interest isn't being sparked in something Hess called out re: Ape.

Meh

so we’re playing now - unvote 

18 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I'm going to be honest, not sure what you're doing is accomplishing what you think you're doing if you're town. From my perspective you did a weird thing by fixating on Barry off of what I feel is a nothingburger and cryed foul because people dare suspect you. The game isn't simplistic, especially with veteran players and I find expecting the scum team to fall over themselves to get rid of you and asking the rest of town to follow your honeypot is what is likely going on here.

I do think that if you do end up flipping town, there is probably at least one scum voting you because at minimum you cast a huge floodlight on your play and provided an opportunity, but I don't think it's necessarily going to be a treasure trove of scum.

In any event, on my personal read there's suspicious things going on with your play in terms of you refusing to vote others you actually think is  think is sus, point out individuals you are suspicious of as well, and you being paranoid to reveal at L-6 or whatever it is, which feels more scum-leaning than vanilla townie. But...you're also new and new people do some illogical stuff.

Yeah this

18 hours ago, Verbal said:

Does this need to become a spidey thread to draw people out?

17 hours late, my spidey sense is a little rusty

Also I’m not doing my usual quote all the way back through anymore…too hard and it becomes daunting when I see too many pages. I’ll quote big stuff moving forward, otherwise I’m going to quickly get too far behind

1 minute ago, Stark said:

getting to the point where they gotta show up

PAC posted once, dropping some sh*t unbolded vote on I think drums (have to go back and check). Smash has been aroundish. Barry said he wouldn’t be around much and the others no clue what they’ve done. 

Verbal (2) - Ape, Stark

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (3) - Lurker, Barry, AVM

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Since I’ve been using a highway scale for 12 years to get weighed at my yearly physical and the Dr always writes,” are you F-nig kidding me?”  let’s just agree I might move slower than most. 

you definitely got it moving

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Leelou said:

PAC posted once, dropping some sh*t unbolded vote on I think drums (have to go back and check). Smash has been aroundish. Barry said he wouldn’t be around much and the others no clue what they’ve done. 

yeah you can ISO them and there isn't much.

2 minutes ago, Leelou said:

@Pac not holding on a phone is a bad excuse. It’s wicked simpLe. I solely play on my phone and manage bolding.

playing on a phone is not as impossible as Pac makes it seem. 

we all do it. would I prefer to be at a computer if I have to recap a lot, yes, but to say that is too hard to do on a phone is lazy

we got like 30 hours til deadline and half of that is work days. this first DL is going to be a wash

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Verbal (2) - Ape, Stark

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (3) - Lurker, Barry, AVM

Is Lurker and Hal noobs?

4 minutes ago, Stark said:

we got like 30 hours til deadline and half of that is work days. this first DL is going to be a wash

Mod Note:  Definitely not my fault.  You f*ckers will have had nearly 5 real life days to come to a consensus.  

Luckily, one of you will die regardless.