Jump to content

Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

Unvote vote Greenseed whoever that is has he posted yet. I also just realized AVM is playing

Playing is a generous word to date 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

A decade+ ago the joke was that BG was an old man even though he wasn't at the time.

Now he really IS an old man and it really isn't funny anymore because we're all old.

 

Aging Matt Damon GIF

This hits to close to home, I don’t like it

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

 

 

Ok, I get his reasoning to a point and I can entertain that after last game KGB could be feeling really good about his ability to find scum quick and effectively. 
 

Before anyone calls this a Noob thing in his second game please remember the dude was literally dominant as the cop his first game. Had better understanding of the terms and the strategy of the game game than most. If you didn’t play last game, rule #14

Consider myself rule 14’d

I was going to ask details about last game but end of the day it was last game. I didn’t play it, I don’t know jgb aside from the NC poopy humor thread years ago (assuming it’s the same guy) and this is a different game.

I think he’s been sloppy regardless. I don’t think his lynch is support informative and scum would love to let this play out til 1 or 2 tomorrow then have us run him up because it’s better than random. I feel like that’s where this has put us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AVM said:

Playing is a generous word to date 

This hits to close to home, I don’t like it

Consider myself rule 14’d

I was going to ask details about last game but end of the day it was last game. I didn’t play it, I don’t know jgb aside from the NC poopy humor thread years ago (assuming it’s the same guy) and this is a different game.

I think he’s been sloppy regardless. I don’t think his lynch is support informative and scum would love to let this play out til 1 or 2 tomorrow then have us run him up because it’s better than random. I feel like that’s where this has put us

Well if that’s the case he is supposedly VT so least it’s that or scum if we do Lynch him. Not sure what makes his Lynch anymore less informative than anyone elses. But ok. Who would you like to Lynch now? If your voting I’ll peek in a minute. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mod Note:  Definitely not my fault.  You f*ckers will have had nearly 5 real life days to come to a consensus.  

Luckily, one of you will die regardless.

I did not mean that as a slight to the DL set, more like they just ignoring the game 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Well if that’s the case he is supposedly VT so least it’s that or scum if we do Lynch him. Not sure what makes his Lynch anymore less informative than anyone elses. But ok. Who would you like to Lynch now? If your voting I’ll peek in a minute. 

I know y0ou didn't ask me this but im thinking some of the MIA's should start catching votes, want to flip a coin and press someone?

 

Pac, Peen, Lurker,  bleeding green, smash 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Nice post. But trust me, don’t buy into the newbie thing. He played his first game last game and literally taught a clinic in playing Doc. He’s easily one of the smartest people I’ve played with with. He digests information at the same rate my body does simple sugars and bacon grease! 

I hear you. It was the only/best reveal if scum. I don’t remember you digging in so often on D1, so I’m on the fence. To me his reveal only served to help scum is my point last post.

28 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Personally, I don’t like the way/timing of JGB reveal, but he’s also said he’s going to basically be out of the game with work, so that’s not as high of a mark against him. What really doesn’t sit right is how he wasn’t voting one of his top scum leans at the time and it’s why I poked him about it a bit. I’m going back and forth of if he’s more leaning over eager townie who thinks he got a d1 gotcha or scum jumping on something. I’m more leaning towards the town side at this point. I reread through Ape’s posts before voting along with Verbal and I think it’s a good wagon due to how he was posting about JGB after his reveal. 

Scummy play doesn’t equal scum…but yeah, this is kind of my feelings summed up pretty well

16 minutes ago, Leelou said:

@Pac not holding on a phone is a bad excuse. It’s wicked simpLe. I solely play on my phone and manage bolding.

I’m on my phone with a sleeping baby on my chest as I run daddy daycare the next two weeks. 
 

I’d be happy to poke at Pac but right now I’m leaning Verb. He’s too vet for the “JGB or Ape is scum” line of thinking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Leelou said:

@Pac not holding on a phone is a bad excuse. It’s wicked simpLe. I solely play on my phone and manage bolding.

Lets discusses this over a candlelit booth at the Red Lobster my dear. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/31/2023 at 9:51 AM, jvill 51 said:

Nudge

 

Nudge

 

Nudge

 

Nudge

 

By this point, I don't see why your logic hasn't moved you on to the "defenders" who you find so suspicious, rather than Barry who you extrapolated a breadcrumbed claim from out of an AI generated post. Like you said, odds are against Barry being scum, and odds are against scum rallying to save scum against your one vote. You've acknowledged several times that it's not a great case, just recently seeming to acknowledge that it's been better at providing reaction info, and have been banging the drumbeat steadily that the info you find so suspicious is the people "rushing to Barry's defense". By this point you've built a better case against me or Crusher, and you seem to believe in it more, than your case against Barry.

@Leelou this was one of the better posts of the game, in my opinion. He’s focusing in on JGBs inconsistency this game rather than past games so it’s easier to track. I lean town on Jvill right now mostly because I feel like it’s easier to sit back and let others make cases for you (which I’m kind of doing with the FOS Verb, but it’s odd)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Leelou said:

I see not much of a reason.

I need to go back and see the posts around this,too. 

also how great of a name is lurker for these games?

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well if that’s the case he is supposedly VT so least it’s that or scum if we do Lynch him. Not sure what makes his Lynch anymore less informative than anyone elses. But ok. Who would you like to Lynch now? If your voting I’ll peek in a minute. 

I’m not disagreeing with you at all. What I’m saying is it’s going to be hard to discern anything from his train…his train gives us closure on him, which may be necessary at this point. I was sort of arguing with his earlier point that his train would be telling.

basically his play has been pro-scum and that’s not a bad direction to go in. I think Verbs either Ape or JGB are scum post was the grossest thing I’ve seen all game. The best case to ignore it I’ve got is that he’s smart enough to not do that as scum when he could just ride out day 1. I kind of want to push there, like I said ultimately we probably end up coming back to JGB unless something better pops up. vote verb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Ape (4) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash, Arsis

Jgb (4) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF

Verbal (3) - Ape, Stark, AVM

Lurker (3) - JVOR, Pac, Hal

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

 

Not Voting (2) - Lurker, Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stark said:

so why the change? you only caught what 1 or 2 votes?

yes the Ape train feels manufactured, agree

very fair summarization 

this JGB thing is really filling up 14 pages. and im with you here

 

UNVOTE

VOTE VERBAL

competing trains with the Ape who he voted for and im not feeling the ape vote at all, hedging his vote and honestly the JGB thing is tired at this point.

 

plus 80 said if I voted you he'd give me a gun

Archer_shooting.gif.b87a262a72a46f0eb315cd0cb73ee8aa.gif

Yeah don't agree on the jgb thing being tired, and not sure why its getting written off as over eager townie by so many. Pushing a weak case is one thing, but almost the entire play around it is scummy as well. First thing he does when questioned on it is not answer the question and deflect to others, saying to question their joke votes before I question his serious one. Then he edits that deflection to be less combative. When I keep on it and switch my vote to him, he starts backing off the strength of the case that just earlier we couldn't top, and starts nudging towards me and anyone who questions him without changing his vote. All the while he's avoiding key points, deflecting, not fully engaging with the arguments presented. His flip to voting Crusher and "sudden" read flip on Barry could be seen coming a mile away. His theory about how scum is trying to railroad him and will kill Barry to set up his lynch is ridiculous yarn spinning. Maybe I'm getting tunnel vision, but I don't think so, I think he's first time scum who stepped in it early. Far and away my number one choice.

All this being said, we do need to hear from the quiet ones and I'm always down for competing trains. I think Hal's flip flop is weird and I like that you're pushing there, that's kind of gone unnoticed. More concerning for me on Verb than his "Ape or jgb" might be scum bit is him abdicating responsibility for the case on Ape, saying its Hess' case when he was the one pointing to it and inviting discussion on it. Ape seems like he's fence sitting, but maybe that's the personal stuff he's mentioned.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Verbal said:

 

Because the interactions feels like it comes from opposite sides; therefore, I don't think they are on the same team.

 

 

Not really, see above.  My gut is that you guys aren't on the same team, so it makes sense (to me) to vote one of you.  And fueling the top 2 trains so we have competing ones is kind of what we're looking for.....

 

 

Here you go thinking any of this has to do with anything other than content in your posts.  If you razzed me, I didn't notice.  It's not about you, it's about your weird assumptions in a post.

 

 

^^^  Are people reading this game?  Hess has stated this multiple times.

I razzed jgb, not you. 

I voted jgb to slap him in the dick and see what happened. I realize in hindsight expressing my tears on his play after the vote is a bad look. Should have held on the vote to observe.

Unvote

Good look for you and Hess picking at this. I genuinely deserve scrutiny after looking at my posts, haha 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Ape (4) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash, Arsis

Jgb (4) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF

Lurker (3) - JVOR, Pac, Hal

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

 

Not Voting (3) - Lurker, Barry, Ape

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, Stark said:

kind of yeah.  taking apes summation of JGB being a townie out of it. that is how I am perceiving jgb 

you could have just voted ape for "reasons" but you had to say that either ape or JGB was probably town/scum. like why not just say it was ape and why. creating a hedge on a vote is not a good look. 

ape train vs Verb train. I like it.

 

 

 

 

27 minutes ago, AVM said:

I hear you. It was the only/best reveal if scum. I don’t remember you digging in so often on D1, so I’m on the fence. To me his reveal only served to help scum is my point last post.

Scummy play doesn’t equal scum…but yeah, this is kind of my feelings summed up pretty well

I’m on my phone with a sleeping baby on my chest as I run daddy daycare the next two weeks. 
 

I’d be happy to poke at Pac but right now I’m leaning Verb. He’s too vet for the “JGB or Ape is scum” line of thinking.

I think you both didn't read my explanation.  And you both answered your own 'question' on why I'd state I think they are on different teams.  In case you were wondering, scum hunting sometimes works like that.  If 2 players don't appear to be playing the same alignment, you're looking for a flip on one to help figure out the other (potentially).  Obviously not a perfect science, and I did say it was a gut read.

 

Looking for the easy push, fellas?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I razzed jgb, not you. 

I voted jgb to slap him in the dick and see what happened. I realize in hindsight expressing my tears on his play after the vote is a bad look. Should have held on the vote to observe.

Unvote

Good look for you and Hess picking at this. I genuinely deserve scrutiny after looking at my posts, haha 

@AVM

@Stark

 

Not a good look for you guys just trying to cling to Ape's coattails.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

 

2 scum pushing me together because it's easy D1?  Probably not.

 

2 townies just being lazy on D1 and following the Ape?  Possibly.

 

1 scum / 1 townie for both of the above?  Maybe the most likely out of the 3 options.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Well if that’s the case he is supposedly VT so least it’s that or scum if we do Lynch him. Not sure what makes his Lynch anymore less informative than anyone elses. But ok. Who would you like to Lynch now? If your voting I’ll peek in a minute. 

Yeah me to from AVM’s “less informative” statement….I could kill him too…sadly

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Yeah don't agree on the jgb thing being tired, and not sure why its getting written off as over eager townie by so many. Pushing a weak case is one thing, but almost the entire play around it is scummy as well. First thing he does when questioned on it is not answer the question and deflect to others, saying to question their joke votes before I question his serious one. Then he edits that deflection to be less combative. When I keep on it and switch my vote to him, he starts backing off the strength of the case that just earlier we couldn't top, and starts nudging towards me and anyone who questions him without changing his vote. All the while he's avoiding key points, deflecting, not fully engaging with the arguments presented. His flip to voting Crusher and "sudden" read flip on Barry could be seen coming a mile away. His theory about how scum is trying to railroad him and will kill Barry to set up his lynch is ridiculous yarn spinning. Maybe I'm getting tunnel vision, but I don't think so, I think he's first time scum who stepped in it early. Far and away my number one choice.

All this being said, we do need to hear from the quiet ones and I'm always down for competing trains. I think Hal's flip flop is weird and I like that you're pushing there, that's kind of gone unnoticed. More concerning for me on Verb than his "Ape or jgb" might be scum bit is him abdicating responsibility for the case on Ape, saying its Hess' case when he was the one pointing to it and inviting discussion on it. Ape seems like he's fence sitting, but maybe that's the personal stuff he's mentioned.

 

Other than the fact I’m not sure how to eat it I I like everything about this  post. 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

More concerning for me on Verb than his "Ape or jgb" might be scum bit is him abdicating responsibility for the case on Ape, saying its Hess' case when he was the one pointing to it and inviting discussion on it. 

I did point to it and invite discussion, but when people kept referring to "my case", I simply let them know it wasn't and that I was agreeing with what Hess called out.

 

I'm responsible because I voted, not sure how I'm abdicating anything there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Stark said:

kind of yeah.  taking apes summation of JGB being a townie out of it. that is how I am perceiving jgb 

you could have just voted ape for "reasons" but you had to say that either ape or JGB was probably town/scum. like why not just say it was ape and why. creating a hedge on a vote is not a good look. 

ape train vs Verb train. I like it.

 

 

 

This was my thinking.

1 hour ago, Verbal said:

Ape assuming KGB was town without calling out why.  Ape is an over-explainer, and he offered zero explanation - just assumption.  Made me feel like they weren't on the same team, gut read.

More I read, the more your logic makes no sense. Why would we need to be on the sand team in order for me to render my thoughts on his motives. 

Furthermore, how are you commenting on my explanations of his behavior, while also saying I’m not over explaining?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

 

2 scum pushing me together because it's easy D1?  Probably not.

 

2 townies just being lazy on D1 and following the Ape?  Possibly.

 

1 scum / 1 townie for both of the above?  Maybe the most likely out of the 3 options.......

Oof, paint by number mafia? 

Bad look.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...