Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

53 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Makes sense.  I don’t want to lynch because I don’t think he’s scum.  I don’t have a great feel for the other roles and their tells though if that’s what people are going for.  

But I get that’s how D1 is.  We will finally learn something lol.  

This game was boring until I dropped a deuce in the punch bowl, at least!

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is correct logic. I’m a non downside lynch. You already know because I’ve revealed VT that I’m either that or scum. So no chance of taking out a town PR. Now, I prefer to lynch a scum day 1 but I’ve given the town a safe option if there isn’t a scum read that gets the votes.

Starting to come around a little to the Ape case. Still see JiF as more likely between the two (paraphrase: “I’m town but not going to grace you peons with my elite skills until mid game so good luck until then”). Crusher though is a major ping. He’s posted more in D1 than the entire last game as town and the style is the polar opposite from laid back town crush demeanor. Surprised more people aren’t at least talking about that.

Yeah I don’t think it’s the votes that will give useful information but the tells dropped in those that discussed. Some are very out of character IMHO.

I understand you read mafia games like a cookbook to learn how to play last game and I appreciate that far more than you know. So right now you play follow the recipe mafia. Kind of sexy honestly, But some of us that been playing this game over a decade and a half tend to play different depending on how the game unfolded. Your day 1 behavior warranted my attention, so you go it. Nothing more nothing less. If you're blew of that  silly case as the joke it was? no harm no foul, I would have been fat jovial Crusher. No shame being caught day 1 as scum the first time you draw it, 

Just now, The Crusher said:

I understand you read mafia games like a cookbook to learn how to play last game and I appreciate that far more than you know. So right now you play follow the recipe mafia. Kind of sexy honestly, But some of us that been playing this game over a decade and a half tend to play different depending on how the game unfolded. Your day 1 behavior warranted my attention, so you go it. Nothing more nothing less. If you're blew of that  silly case as the joke it was? no harm no foul, I would have been fat jovial Crusher. No shame being caught day 1 as scum the first time you draw it, 

It got interesting and I can’t resist a loose thread my man. Also nothing personal but wow you are bizarro crush this game.

Read a couple posts about why i revealed when I did last night. Because I’m 6 hours ahead in Europe and was boarding a flight. Momentum on my train was building and didn’t think I’d be able to check in until the morning my time. Wanted to be sure it was out there if it was over before I could get back on.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Leelou said:

Crushluv, thoughts on my Puddin? 

Gun to head I could lynch him or Ape. If for no other reason to shut them both up.  BG is my dark horse for scum. He has played some of the best scum games I've seen, so sneaky friend of the town stuff. Likely to lynch KGB, Ape, Verb today. Prefer KGB because after last game when he dominated, his play and reaction scream over confidence and then "Bam , scum caught in the headlights" to me. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Gun to head I could lynch him or Ape. If for no other reason to shut them both up.  BG is my dark horse for scum. He has played some of the best scum games I've seen, so sneaky friend of the town stuff. Likely to lynch KGB, Ape, Verb today. Prefer KGB because after last game when he dominated, his play and reaction scream over confidence and then "Bam , scum caught in the headlights" to me. 

Not verbal

AVM 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is correct logic. I’m a non downside lynch. You already know because I’ve revealed VT that I’m either that or scum. So no chance of taking out a town PR. Now, I prefer to lynch a scum day 1 but I’ve given the town a safe option if there isn’t a scum read that gets the votes.

Starting to come around a little to the Ape case. Still see JiF as more likely between the two (paraphrase: “I’m town but not going to grace you peons with my elite skills until mid game so good luck until then”). Crusher though is a major ping. He’s posted more in D1 than the entire last game as town and the style is the polar opposite from laid back town crush demeanor. Surprised more people aren’t at least talking about that.

Yeah I don’t think it’s the votes that will give useful information but the tells dropped in those that discussed. Some are very out of character IMHO.

1 game doesn't really. make a fair read of 1 player. 

more people aren't talking about it because most of us have played a lot of games with each other and have seen low and high volume posts from each person

• Upvote 1

This game reminds me of a music festival. 

The last one I went to I found myself on the field during the second act, staring at the ground and midway through the third guitar solo I started to shake uncontrollably.  I wasn’t really “staring” really because I didn’t see anything in particular…but like, I saw everything. 

..and I wasn’t so much “shaking” as I was just feeling the rhythms of the earth flow through my body… loose…

The way I imagine jgb’s scummy body will flail from the gallows (no disrespect). 

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Do you think it's weird that you and Ape both thought KGB was scum, then Ape thought he was town, and you think Ape scum?  What does that mean to you?

11 minutes ago, Stark said:

1 game doesn't really. make a fair read of 1 player. 

more people aren't talking about it because most of us have played a lot of games with each other and have seen low and high volume posts from each person

As I said I read every game on JN

Just now, Verbal said:

Do you think it's weird that you and Ape both thought KGB was scum, then Ape thought he was town, and you think Ape scum?  What does that mean to you?

I think it just means we are all in the D1 fog. Objectively the only thing we know — REALLY know — is our own roles and that I’m not a town PR.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

This game reminds me of a music festival. 

The last one I went to I found myself on the field during the second act, staring at the ground and midway through the third guitar solo I started to shake uncontrollably.  I wasn’t really “staring” really because I didn’t see anything in particular…but like, I saw everything. 

..and I wasn’t so much “shaking” as I was just feeling the rhythms of the earth flow through my body… loose…

The way I imagine jgb’s scummy body will flail from the gallows (no disrespect). 

This game will get very interesting at my flip. A lot of people who have a lot of confidence in their read will have a lot to unpack.

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (5) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker

Ape (4) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash, Arsis

Verbal (3) - Stark, AVM, Ape

Lurker (3) - JVOR, Pac, Hal

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (1) - Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

Just now, Verbal said:

Thanks, Crusher.

O_O

It could just be that laissez faire crush thought he stumbled upon a low effort scum read and got excited like a kid at an ice cream buffet. He reminds me of that fish that lays buried in the sand and waits for a tasty morsel to swing by and then pounces.

Half my posts on JN are arguments with KGB.  I’ll throw another 25 on my open bet with him (if I lose that bet which I won’t) and he’s scum.  I just can’t see it.  

To the newb, KGB’s logic on Crush seems perfect, but the only problem with that is I could also see him being someone Town would never want to lynch day 1.  

Also of note my phone won’t give up and stop autocorrecting away from lynching.  It’s like Apple doesn’t understand and is trying to make me choose love.  NOPE!  Lynch Lynch Lynch Lynch.   Suck it Apple.  

Also, another probably shouldn’t be said aloud thing (I’ll stop saying these things now) but Lurker really does seem to want to be killed.   Is the alignment of the players who kill the last to vote for them known?

Unvote Lurker 

Jgb (5) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker

Lurker (2) - JVOR, Pac

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Not Voting (2) - Barry, Hal

Vote jgb

For reasons in a previous post (on my phone so don’t feel like multiquoting). Plus he’s being really inconsistent with casting doubt on people suspecting him while also not trying to use his vote on it or casing it with much more than “crusher u different” or “jif you different”. Feels pretty weak to me. 

I don’t get the ape train personally and I think framing the lynch candidate as either jgb or ape at the point verbal did felt a little like steering the options so would be willing to go there as well. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Half my posts on JN are arguments with KGB.  I’ll throw another 25 on my open bet with him (if I lose that bet which I won’t) and he’s scum.  I just can’t see it.  

To the newb, KGB’s logic on Crush seems perfect, but the only problem with that is I could also see him being someone Town would never want to lynch day 1.  

Also of note my phone won’t give up and stop autocorrecting away from lynching.  It’s like Apple doesn’t understand and is trying to make me choose love.  NOPE!  Lynch Lynch Lynch Lynch.   Suck it Apple.  

Also, another probably shouldn’t be said aloud thing (I’ll stop saying these things now) but Lurker really does seem to want to be killed.   Is the alignment of the players who kill the last to vote for them known?

Unvote Lurker 

Apple auto corrects “lynching” to “lunching” for me. Come to think about it could explain why I drew so much crush heat…

• Haha 1

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Vote jgb

For reasons in a previous post (on my phone so don’t feel like multiquoting). Plus he’s being really inconsistent with casting doubt on people suspecting him while also not trying to use his vote on it or casing it with much more than “crusher u different” or “jif you different”. Feels pretty weak to me. 

I don’t get the ape train personally and I think framing the lynch candidate as either jgb or ape at the point verbal did felt a little like steering the options so would be willing to go there as well. 

My vote is on crusher has been there for approx 24 hours as he is my current top scum read. 

Jgb (6) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker, JVOR

Crusher (2) - Jgb, Drums

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Lurker (1) - Pac

Not Voting (2) - Barry, Hal

Just now, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Was not much of one other than to prod activity and monitor response.

You sure your vote on me isn’t because you just downvoted my post about how BYU is an incompetent player unworthy of a second chance in the football board? ;) 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Vote jgb

I liked those as candidates at the time, what's the issue with that?

And "crusher u different" is hardly what he's saying, but I'll let him handle his own defense.

2 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

Vote jgb

When I did my re-read for JGB I found one odd thing about the Ape that stood out. He gave a reason and that's fine and all but not feeling that good about him right now. When he's town it's typically pretty glaring to me. But I think JGB is certainly the lynch right now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

So you think we're scum based on meta?  Strange because I'm doing what I do every game and I see nothing out of the ordinary from Crusher but, what do I know?  I've only played with him (hey!) since 2008,

I mean, literally, to a tee, I'm doing exactly what I did last game.  The reveal or info we had was Barry was Deputy last game, I immediately questioned it and offer a solution to lynch him for info, I was literally the only one doubting it until Ape came in and was like, well, he's got a point.  lol   Then, Smash revealed and I was like, nah you aint and steady voted him.  

And what do we have here?  1 reveal and what am doing?  Saying he's lying and steady voting him.  lol