Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

31 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Alright catching up, sorry work today was a sh*t-show.  Last thing I want to really do is read more words, but I will do what I must.  At least this should be less idiotic than everything else so far today... and to be clear no, that's definitely not meant as a compliment to any of you.

Thank you for the compliment, it means a lot.

• Haha 3

Given it's a day one, odds are likely those small handful getting highly aggressive and particularly patting themselves on the back are dumb townies going after other dumb townies.  The strength of a D1 argument is hardly even a thing, unless there's a huge ****-up, so how quickly it turned into the opposite extremes of that is kind of nonsensical, both for supposed absolutes of right and wrong.

Most likely the majority of scum are among the quieter crowd (yeah, I know I can go FOS myself on that), although not necessarily based on post counts as much as those avoiding the slap fights.  A lot of this has been the same arguments going in circles so I'm curious to see if there's nearly a fraction as helpful some are trying to sell it as, or if we're just ready to get ourselves into full-on confirmation bias mode no matter what comes of it.

About the only things that stood out to me along this painful catch-up was Verbal's "strong" stance on his suspect list seems rather heavily dependent on votes for him being the ultimate scum-tell, which is either butthurt townie or paranoid scum, either being pretty weird from anyone that's played this a time or two before.  Crush also seems to be a little more wound up than usual, but from what I remember he's not only passive as town but even more as scum, so not sure what take from that at all.  At the moment JGB strikes me as just doing too good of a job convincing himself of some random things having major meaning, while self-appointing himself a martyr.

Most of the other blathering on going on didn't really register with me much at all outside a lot of the normal nonsense that goes through these games, especially around here.

I'm going to go eat now and ignore you guys again some more.  Try not to miss me too much.

8 hours ago, AVM said:

I can’t tell if this is the roll over in order to buy yourself some time play or the 10k IQ/self absorbed “my play will win us the game” nonsense the LK used to do but el oh el

May? Your lack of complete confidence in yourself makes me sad and frightened ?

Meh

so we’re playing now - unvote 

Yeah this

17 hours late, my spidey sense is a little rusty

Also I’m not doing my usual quote all the way back through anymore…too hard and it becomes daunting when I see too many pages. I’ll quote big stuff moving forward, otherwise I’m going to quickly get too far behind

Has no one shown AVM the wonders of the spy glass some of learned last game after playing for 10 + years and didn't know ?

AVM see the little magnifying glass next to the multi quote and quote options at the bottom of each post ? 

Click on that see what happens. 

If you already know then rule #14

oh and BTW you never had any spidey sense so carry on :)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Given it's a day one, odds are likely those small handful getting highly aggressive and particularly patting themselves on the back are dumb townies going after other dumb townies.  The strength of a D1 argument is hardly even a thing, unless there's a huge ****-up, so how quickly it turned into the opposite extremes of that is kind of nonsensical, both for supposed absolutes of right and wrong.

Most likely the majority of scum are among the quieter crowd (yeah, I know I can go FOS myself on that), although not necessarily based on post counts as much as those avoiding the slap fights.  A lot of this has been the same arguments going in circles so I'm curious to see if there's nearly a fraction as helpful some are trying to sell it as, or if we're just ready to get ourselves into full-on confirmation bias mode no matter what comes of it.

About the only things that stood out to me along this painful catch-up was Verbal's "strong" stance on his suspect list seems rather heavily dependent on votes for him being the ultimate scum-tell, which is either butthurt townie or paranoid scum, either being pretty weird from anyone that's played this a time or two before.  Crush also seems to be a little more wound up than usual, but from what I remember he's not only passive as town but even more as scum, so not sure what take from that at all.  At the moment JGB strikes me as just doing too good of a job convincing himself of some random things having major meaning, while self-appointing himself a martyr.

Most of the other blathering on going on didn't really register with me much at all outside a lot of the normal nonsense that goes through these games, especially around here.

I'm going to go eat now and ignore you guys again some more.  Try not to miss me too much.

holy crap 

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

That is not a scum tell for me. Not in about 10 years at least, since the days where I thought I was doing so good as scum I was aghast at the idea someone would see thru it.

Vote crusher

The wheels on the bus go round and round. Round and round. Round and round

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Has no one shown AVM the wonders of the spy glass some of learned last game after playing for 10 + years and didn't know ?

AVM see the little magnifying glass next to the multi quote and quote options at the bottom of each post ? 

Click on that see what happens. 

If you already know then rule #14

oh and BTW you never had any spidey sense so carry on :)

I had no idea until now. You are a borderline Angel?

• Sympathy 1

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (7) - Crusher, Jvill, Peen, JiF, Lurker, JVOR, Hal

Ape (4) - Verbal, Leelou, Smash, Arsis

Crusher (3) - Jgb, Drums, Ape

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

Stark (1) - Hess

Hal (1) - Ballin

Pac (1) - BG

Hess (1) - Beaver

Lurker (1) - Pac

Not Voting (1) - Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

DEADLINE:  Friday, 3 PM EST

3 hours ago, jgb said:

Lol right. It is true that people who are oh so sure will need to reassess. That’s not fear mongering, that’s a fact.

No, it's not fact.  If we are wrong on you, I will literally say, oh well, he deserved it and move along.  There is nothing to defend for voting you, you're played very scummy.  You also literally encouraged people to vote you because it's safe but then you want to sus the people who do it? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

You draw scum on your first game back in a decade? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Potential issue:

Will this group be able to get together enough to vote the next rounds, or is it going to be all random lynchings the rest of the way?  

Well random is fun.  

D1 is historically the hardest day to come to a consensus.  Very rarely do you see more than 1 rando in a game.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Nah, we're searching for CTM after all, so he's not even here to be my prerequisite fellow scum who turns out to be a traitor.

I was a lover paired w/ scum last game.  Yep.  Nobody is town paired w/ scum more than me.  Actually this stupid mod did it to me once.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bleedin Green said:

The strength of a D1 argument is hardly even a thing, unless there's a huge ****-up, so how quickly it turned into the opposite extremes of that is kind of nonsensical, both for supposed absolutes of right and wrong.

In defense of the stupidity, I sort of normalized catching scum on D1 for a few years while you were on hiatus. For a stretch, my most effective scum hunting was D1 and D2. Same happened last game. 

Thus game? Bad timing on start. So, I’m kinda just put big around until I have better mental bandwidth.

16 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I was a lover paired w/ scum last game.  Yep.  Nobody is town paired w/ scum more than me.  Actually this stupid mod did it to me once.  

I'm really annoyed that there's clearly a good 80 / past-lover joke to pull out (hehe) of this but my brain is too tired to formulate it at the moment.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

In defense of the stupidity, I sort of normalized catching scum on D1 for a few years while you were on hiatus. For a stretch, my most effective scum hunting was D1 and D2. Same happened last game. 

Thus game? Bad timing on start. So, I’m kinda just put big around until I have better mental bandwidth.

I can believe that, but will just chalk it up to the overall level of mafia play seriously suffering from my departure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

whatever it is you think you know, Ape already knows . Whomever shows up in the death scene Ape knows that too . The Ape knows just about everything after it actually happens . Hindsight28 

When the last person left to appeal to is Arsis…

Tom Hanks Soul GIF

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Arsis said:

We've literally only played two games together.

At first, I was like, “wait, am I mixing him up with another spooge we’ve played with?” Nah.

Probably gotta go back a couple years, but I know we’ve played together + I know you always crater on me because I’m a living, breathing trigger for you.

Cheers!