Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

1 minute ago, Verbal said:

Now I know why CTM had to retire from mafia - this is exhausting dealing with you on D1 and thinking I have an entire game of this sh*t.

Says the guy that started his day by replying to all of my content. Hahaha… oy.

13 minutes ago, Verbal said:

You didn't read, then.  I added the 2 that voted for me simply because of how they blindly followed Ape onto an easy train (me).  Opportunistic votes are always scummy, it just so happened that they were placed on me.

I don't know if you just have a comprehension issue or what. I clearly said I didn't vote you because APE did. so you can quit with the blindly following bs

I voted you because you made a weak @$$ hedge vote and then... all of a sudden I become #1 on your list, and you never vote for me? 

dude between you and @Greenseed4 I wish the "80 gave me a gun" joke was real so I could take both of you out

1 minute ago, Stark said:

I don't know if you just have a comprehension issue or what. I clearly said I didn't vote you because APE did. so you can quit with the blindly following bs

I voted you because you made a weak @$$ hedge vote and then... all of a sudden I become #1 on your list, and you never vote for me? 

dude between you and @Greenseed4 I wish the "80 gave me a gun" joke was real so I could take both of you out

#1?

You mean I didn't say it wasn't in order?  Oh wow, maybe I typed that in invisible ink, it happens.

>_>

4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I mean, I did say it was my "want to lynch", I didn't say everybody would be scum.  I did think KGB or Ape, but I'm leaning towards Ape there, clearly.  As for you and/or Stark, I was talking out loud and thinking one of you might be.  Gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, right?

Fair on views evolving over the game - obviously, that’s the game. But two separate “it’s him or him” statements on d1 stinks. I do appreciate the omgus though, it has made me laugh

Aside from that I still overall maintain hiding on JGB or elsewhere is the best place for scum in general today, given the course of the day. 

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

To be fair, he’s elevating it this morning after we called BS on how you called it static.

Static as in interfering with the scum hunting that needs to be done? Ok, please make sure to explain the nuance and effectiveness of your day 1 scum hunting layer when you get a chance. You two are sissy semantic slap fighting while we have a deadline in about six hours. But yeah, please tell me about how bullshit it is to call it static. If we were together I’d put you two putz in opposite corners of the room, 

• Upvote 1

Please explain for the class how my vote was a "hedge vote".  Feel free to explain to me what that means, thanks in advance.

Just now, Verbal said:

...that was aimed at me because you realize I've got you by the balls.

Curious what tact you’ll take when I flip town? Probably then you’ll say, I guess I was wrong and move entirely off of JGB… hence killing his train in D1 by burying it under a debate with the ape, then in D2 shrug off D1 suspicion because you lynched wrong and jgb gets space to breathe.

Ive seen this movie before.

1 minute ago, AVM said:

Fair on views evolving over the game - obviously, that’s the game. But two separate “it’s him or him” statements on d1 stinks. I do appreciate the omgus though, it has made me laugh

Aside from that I still overall maintain hiding on JGB or elsewhere is the best place for scum in general today, given the course of the day. 

No, I made only 1 "him or him" statement.  For you guys, I offered 3 possibilities, and added you into my WTL just in case.

Not sure where any OMGUS from me comes from, unless you're talking about something else and I missed it.

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Static as in interfering with the scum hunting that needs to be done? Ok, please make sure to explain the nuance and effectiveness of your day 1 scum hunting layer when you get a chance. You two are sissy semantic slap fighting while we have a deadline in about six hours. But yeah, please tell me about how bullsh*t it is to call it static. If we were together I’d put you two putz in opposite corners of the room, 

At the time you called it static, we were not 6 hours from deadline.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

ok @Greenseed4

why you keep ignoring?

What’s up Stark?!

I honestly didn’t see the #2/#3 question, just the one where you thought I wasn’t playing which I thought I answered for you.

I have a couple suspects based on very limited posts, but I think I’ll keep them to myself for the moment and let this play out.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Clearly he hates bickering with me and this isn’t by design from him, given that he’s normally low-volume thru the first day or so.

Is he trying to detract from the jgb train?

AE5E4CB7-045E-4862-9AB5-221822B25DCB.png

Stage 5 clinger, folks.  Now he's stalking my content.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Static as in interfering with the scum hunting that needs to be done? Ok, please make sure to explain the nuance and effectiveness of your day 1 scum hunting layer when you get a chance. You two are sissy semantic slap fighting while we have a deadline in about six hours. But yeah, please tell me about how bullsh*t it is to call it static. If we were together I’d put you two putz in opposite corners of the room, 

I think it would be epic if we all played a game IRL, just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

Please explain for the class how my vote was a "hedge vote".  Feel free to explain to me what that means, thanks in advance.

either kgb or ape...

either stark or avm

trying to say the above is hedging. reducing the risk of being wrong in either case. 

example: you finally achieve your goal and people in the game actually follow you to ape, ape comes up town.... Verbal then says, well see guys I told you it was or could be either or. 

too early for this stuff.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Curious what tact you’ll take when I flip town? Probably then you’ll say, I guess I was wrong and move entirely off of JGB… hence killing his train in D1 by burying it under a debate with the ape, then in D2 shrug off D1 suspicion because you lynched wrong and jgb gets space to breathe.

Ive seen this movie before.

Unlike you, when I made a read....while it can evolve, I'm still going to go back to it and push it to it's final form.  If you somehow flipped town, I'd call you bad and move back towards KGB (while still keeping the others in my WTL).

22 hours ago, AVM said:

Playing is a generous word to date 

This hits to close to home, I don’t like it

Consider myself rule 14’d

I was going to ask details about last game but end of the day it was last game. I didn’t play it, I don’t know jgb aside from the NC poopy humor thread years ago (assuming it’s the same guy) and this is a different game.

I think he’s been sloppy regardless. I don’t think his lynch is support informative and scum would love to let this play out til 1 or 2 tomorrow then have us run him up because it’s better than random. I feel like that’s where this has put us

21 hours ago, AVM said:

I need to go back and see the posts around this,too. 

also how great of a name is lurker for these games?

I’m not disagreeing with you at all. What I’m saying is it’s going to be hard to discern anything from his train…his train gives us closure on him, which may be necessary at this point. I was sort of arguing with his earlier point that his train would be telling.

basically his play has been pro-scum and that’s not a bad direction to go in. I think Verbs either Ape or JGB are scum post was the grossest thing I’ve seen all game. The best case to ignore it I’ve got is that he’s smart enough to not do that as scum when he could just ride out day 1. I kind of want to push there, like I said ultimately we probably end up coming back to JGB unless something better pops up. vote verb

either kgb or ape...

either stark or avm

trying to say the above is hedging. reducing the risk of being wrong in either case. 

example: you finally achieve your goal and people in the game actually follow you to ape, ape comes up town.... Verbal then says, well see guys I told you it was or could be either or. 

mood GIF

7 minutes ago, Stark said:

A bit aggressive here, which pings for me.

It’s not like I’m not posting at all, I’m just not scum hunting for #2 and #3 yet.
Why so interested in getting votes off of another player who is either VT or scum?

2 minutes ago, Stark said:

either kgb or ape...

either stark or avm

I never stated it was either you or AVM.  You either didn't read, or didn't care.

Just now, Verbal said:

Unlike you, when I made a read....while it can evolve, I'm still going to go back to it and push it to it's final form.  If you somehow flipped town, I'd call you bad and move back towards KGB (while still keeping the others in my WTL).

I conduct user research… one thing always rings true. Humans are awful at predicting their own behavior.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

At the time you called it static, we were not 6 hours from deadline.

Yeah but we are now and you’re still doing it. I know this might come as a surprise but I knew it then it would be happening now. So try voting somebody out of you actual too 3 because I know damn well I’m not actually one of them. 

On 2/1/2023 at 2:26 PM, Verbal said:

I feel like one of KGB or Ape might be scum here.

Unvote

Vote: Ape

either or

On 2/1/2023 at 2:28 PM, Verbal said:

my gut agrees, but KGB's flip would actually tell a good story....which is why I think he's more likely town than Ape as he openly admits this

vote with me!

On 2/1/2023 at 2:45 PM, Verbal said:

His lynch would certainly be informative, but I'm more wondering why more interest isn't being sparked in something Hess called out re: Ape.

On 2/2/2023 at 8:06 AM, Verbal said:

Crusher/Ape teammates?

not either or but pairing players again

21 hours ago, Verbal said:

@AVM

@Stark

Not a good look for you guys just trying to cling to Ape's coattails.

21 hours ago, Verbal said:

Verbal (2) - Stark, AVM

2 scum pushing me together because it's easy D1?  Probably not.

2 townies just being lazy on D1 and following the Ape?  Possibly.

1 scum / 1 townie for both of the above?  Maybe the most likely out of the 3 options.......

I mean another either, neither or both. 

either or.

16 hours ago, Verbal said:

Sticking with my prior list:

Stark

AVM

Ape

Crusher

JiF

Not in that order.

NO JGB on this list

Still talking about @jgb but he's n ot on you r willing to Lynch list or whatever you want to call it

Just now, Verbal said:

I never stated it was either you or AVM.  You either didn't read, or didn't care.

yes you did ... up 4 posts... you may not have said "it is either stark or avm" but you clearly did group us in an either or, both or neither.

maybe you need to remember what you type considering we can pull the quotes.

so why no JGB in you r willing to Lynch list?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

A bit aggressive here, which pings for me.

It’s not like I’m not posting at all, I’m just not scum hunting for #2 and #3 yet.
Why so interested in getting votes off of another player who is either VT or scum?

im not interested in getting votes off of anyone. I am wondering why you only have 1 option. 

it says "hypothetical" we don't have enough votes on JGB who would you vote for. if you don' have more than 1 sus right now then what are you doing/why play?