Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

22 minutes ago, jgb said:

If you feel more comfortable with AI telling you to vote Pac, waste of both our time for me to re-explain what I’ve already explained.

I don’t need AI to tell me to vote Pac, how dare you.

I was hoping for some kind of explanation for why I shouldn’t switch my vote to you. I’m not buying that you are so convinced on your case on Barry that you truly think we can’t do better, so much so that you are pushing to lynch Barry with the quickness before the game really gets going based on what appears to be an AI generated post.

And then there’s the peripherals: when questioned on it we get an edited post in which you didn’t answer the question but deflected to others. And the case itself looks like it’s searching for power role hints, which is the sort of thing that’s of much more interest to scum than townies.

unvote vote jgb

Just now, jvill 51 said:

I don’t need AI to tell me to vote Pac, how dare you.

I was hoping for some kind of explanation for why I shouldn’t switch my vote to you. I’m not buying that you are so convinced on your case on Barry that you truly think we can’t do better, so much so that you are pushing to lynch Barry with the quickness before the game really gets going based on what appears to be an AI generated post.

And then there’s the peripherals: when questioned on it we get an edited post in which you didn’t answer the question but deflected to others. And the case itself looks like it’s searching for power role hints, which is the sort of thing that’s of much more interest to scum than townies.

unvote vote jgb

I didn’t say I was convinced. I said it was the best — really only — basis to vote for someone. Since lynching is the only way town can kill scum, it’s a lost opportunity to not lynch everyday.

Feel free to emo vote me, you seem very interested in preventing any sort of consensus since you chose to come after my vote which has some basis (we can debate at how strong) while giving a pass to the 8 voting with none.

When you hit a nerve, keep drilling.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

I didn’t say I was convinced. I said it was the best — really only — basis to vote for someone. Since lynching is the only way town can kill scum, it’s a lost opportunity to not lynch everyday.

Feel free to emo vote me, you seem very interested in preventing any sort of consensus since you chose to come after my vote which has some basis (we can debate at how strong) while giving a pass to the 8 voting with none.

You said you don’t think we’ll be able to do better than that case on Barry and that we should get on with lynching him, when we just got started and the game has been 99% sh*tposting. When did I or anyone else suggest we shouldn’t lynch somebody today?

Don’t know what is giving you the impression that was an emo vote, but interesting that you accuse me of trying to avoid a consensus after earlier complaining about how you got pushed off your D1 read last game in the name of consensus.

Just now, jvill 51 said:

You said you don’t think we’ll be able to do better than that case on Barry and that we should get on with lynching him, when we just got started and the game has been 99% sh*tposting. When did I or anyone else suggest we shouldn’t lynch somebody today?

Don’t know what is giving you the impression that was an emo vote, but interesting that you accuse me of trying to avoid a consensus after earlier complaining about how you got pushed off your D1 read last game in the name of consensus.

I’m predicting we won’t do better, yes. It’s a pretty strong D1 case, such as they are.

Besides, the question isn’t why would I vote for someone on (you believe) specious evidence… it’s why would someone defend another so vociferously so early. Everyone is throwing out votes. You’re the only one playing bodyguard. You’re the outlier, friend.

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

It would be like the guy going into the golden corral and berating the one guy in the joint eating a salad while ignoring everyone with mountains of spare ribs on their plate.

Jealousy is a wasted emotion. Day 1 is a crapshoot. Sometimes those that post more get more attention and catch votes. Not much to go on at all, you putting together the thing on Barry is no less solid than the reason I vote you. Might be nothing but just a weird little slip. As good as you are at this game and the awesome job you did last game does not change the fact that the next time you are scum will be your first. First time scum do things different than they do when they play as town. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Jealousy is a wasted emotion. Day 1 is a crapshoot. Sometimes those that post more get more attention and catch votes. Not much to go on at all, you putting together the thing on Barry is no less solid than the reason I vote you. Might be nothing but just a weird little slip. As good as you are at this game and the awesome job you did last game does not change the fact that the next time you are scum will be your first. First time scum do things different than they do when they play as town. 

Some evidence, regardless of how weak > zero evidence.

It’s the odds, that’s all.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Your interpretation of what you read may seem like evidence to you but it's really not. it's just your read your guess. Time will tell. 

Still posit it’s the strongest on the board, therefore it’s my vote. What else can I say.

31 minutes ago, jgb said:

16 minutes ago, jgb said:

Besides, the question isn’t why would I vote for someone on (you believe) specious evidence… it’s why would someone defend another so vociferously so early. Everyone is throwing out votes. You’re the only one playing bodyguard. You’re the outlier, friend.

So why aren’t you voting me?

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Whether you lynch or not people will die.  I'm not Nolder.  I should probably add that to the rules, lol.

Wouldn’t put it past you to have no mafia, just a big hippie koombaya and at the end of the game we get “Everyone wakes up safely in their beds. It was all just a bad trip on some ferret dung contaminated mushrooms.”

• Haha 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Mod Note:  The rules have been updated to add the following:

3.       At the D1 deadline (if needed), if no majority is reached, the highest-vote getter will be the lynch.  D2 and beyond, it will be a random player lynched if no majority is reached.

Excited John Cena GIF by WWE

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jgb said:

My 80 vote had a basis. Yours was because you always vote 80.

I let you guys think that, but this whole time 80 and I have been playing chess while you jokers play checkers.

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mod Note:  The rules have been updated to add the following:

3.       At the D1 deadline (if needed), if no majority is reached, the highest-vote getter will be the lynch.  D2 and beyond, it will be a random player lynched if no majority is reached.

Translation:  I'm ******* killing Verbal.

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, Arsis said:

Im stupid. Please explain to me the case on Barry and please use small sentences.

He's scum because he?

1. He opted out of D1.

2. I interpret his post as an obvious flag planted to support a claim of cop later.

3. I don’t believe a townie — especially not a townie cop — would do either.

It’s not DNA evidence but this is D1 and a heck of a lot stronger than the Random Voting Stage votes thus far. 

11 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I let you guys think that, but this whole time 80 and I have been playing chess while you jokers play checkers.

Translation:  I'm ******* killing Verbal.

Verbal identifying scum before role PMs go out

Back To The Future GIF

• Haha 1