Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

1 hour ago, JiFields said:

It did seem blatant but I cant get off of what Smash is doing here.  Maybe he's just disinterested and being lazy but it's completely nonsensical. 

Smash, Green, Hal

gut feels, BG

If I was disinterested I would not have been building a case for 3 + pages ...No ? 

Obviously with APE getting NK your lynch went from informative (info on you and the APE obviously) to you being a scum candidate. Sure scum could have killed APE to implement you but you had to know if APE somehow survived he would have come back with you being a liar depends on how you look at it. 

I'm looking at it as you being scum

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Updated roster:

1. @Hal N of Provo
  2. @Arsis
  3. @JiFields
  4. Crusher  Town Fatty (Extra Vote to Lynch), Killed N1

5. Ape  Town Community College Student (Post Restriction), Killed N2
  6. @Stark
  7. @jvill 51
  8. @Beaver
  9. Jgb  Town Hacky Sack (Vanilla Town), Lynched D1

10. @Pac
  11. Ballin  replaced D3 by @Integrity28
  12. @Lurker89
  13. Barry  Town Hacky Sack (Vanilla Town), Modkilled D2
  14. @HessStation
  15. @Drums
  16. @Jets Voice of Reason
  17. @Verbal
  18. @Bleedin Green
  19. @Smashmouth
  20. @Leelou
  21. @Greenseed4
  22. AVM  Scum Hippie Ninja (Can’t be Tracked at Night), Lynched D2

STOP TAGGING ALL OF US 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JiFields said:

If you're really town, you're playing awful.  He was clearly providing cover for me.  It was the night phase.  Why would he share that info? 

I know what cover is, but we've got a lot of newer people here and that could have gone very wrong.  And that's why I said he *could have* accidentally cleared scum (if you were, for instance).

You're acting like I'm saying something definitive when I'm absolutely not.

3 hours ago, Stark said:

@Smashmouth jif made his LD statemtne to ape before any of us knew ape was lying about LD. why would JiF do that. if he's scum and ape is legit, JiF is dead/found out.

arsis and you were pushing the Lynch JiF  thing 12 hours ago. why were you on this Lynch jif thing all night and even into the morning before we saw any scene from night

I am leaning town on jif because he was willing to make the LD statement and when he did, no way he knew ape was not able to actually lie detect it.. 

I mean, if we're actually talking about this - JiF had no choice but to do it.  It does give JiF a little town cred for it, though.

9 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I know what cover is, but we've got a lot of newer people here and that could have gone very wrong.  And that's why I said he *could have* accidentally cleared scum (if you were, for instance).

You're acting like I'm saying something definitive when I'm absolutely not.

JIF keeps saying this nonsense that APE was providing cover for him when APE in fact stated he was not. It was clear to me what APE did and it had nothing to do with covering for a VT player in JIF .

JIF is Scum, the AVM thing was bullsh*t and half assed. 

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I mean, if we're actually talking about this - JiF had no choice but to do it.  It does give JiF a little town cred for it, though.

It gives JIF town cred ?? Explain . It made more sense for JIF as scum to take the chance on NKing APE . If JIF was truly town he would have answered the question ape had to ask him 4 times, on the first go around.

20 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Before APE was night killed it was more for information because it would have given us info on both APE and JIF. Frankly I thought they were both full of sh*t.

Now that APE is dead who do you think took that shot at night ? JIF had to take the shot with the scum team because he knew APE was going to come back with a lie detect on JIF. 

So rather than this being an informative lynch now its a kill scum lynch I have a strong feeling JIF is scum.

As I stated in other posts APE baited scum into taking that shot at him last night knowing he was VT  and his role was more expendable than a possible power role getting shot .

The post I quoted was after Ape’s flip though, and you were still calling it a lynch for information.

And Ape being shot doesn’t tell us a whole lot about JiF IMO. Scum had plenty of reasons to want Ape if JiF is town. If JiF’s town you can push arguments that he killed Ape to avoid to the LD, if Ape’s actually the LD he can confirm JiF as town, they don’t know if Ape is 1x LD, etc.

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

He made the statement then Ape was NK’d according to my notes. 

2 hours ago, Stark said:

yes but 3 days prior JiF had said

"I'm Scum"

that could have been LD'd was my point 

Before anybody even considered the role was in the game - nah.

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

It gives JIF town cred ?? Explain . It made more sense for JIF as scum to take the chance on NKing APE . If JIF was truly town he would have answered the question ape had to ask him 4 times, on the first go around.

Simple, JiF answered him.  Now, it also could be that scum were holding their shot and waiting for that interaction to play out and then decided to shoot Ape once they thought he was really a LD.....but that's not a super strong case.

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

The post I quoted was after Ape’s flip though, and you were still calling it a lynch for information.

And Ape being shot doesn’t tell us a whole lot about JiF IMO. Scum had plenty of reasons to want Ape if JiF is town. If JiF’s town you can push arguments that he killed Ape to avoid to the LD, if Ape’s actually the LD he can confirm JiF as town, they don’t know if Ape is 1x LD, etc.

If JiF is town, scum prob shot Ape thinking he was LD.

If JiF is scum, he shot Ape once he realized he was going to have to answer the "LD" statement or face a lynch the following day.

Both are plausible.

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Smash why we’re you asking Ape 1.0 details of the LD ability? Seemed like you were debating whether to NK him or not.

Because the timing is weird.  Ape1.0 pushes JiF and JiF finally answers and then boom - Ape1.0 dead.  Could be either of the options I laid out before, but the timing of the whole thing is suspect.

4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Before anybody even considered the role was in the game - nah.

Simple, JiF answered him.  Now, it also could be that scum were holding their shot and waiting for that interaction to play out and then decided to shoot Ape once they thought he was really a LD.....but that's not a super strong case.

If JiF is town, scum prob shot Ape thinking he was LD.

If JiF is scum, he shot Ape once he realized he was going to have to answer the "LD" statement or face a lynch the following day.

Both are plausible.

Yes.

I could flip a coin between Jif and Smash. Both have made me question them. All that said, I’m looking at jville, stark and drums as guys I expect more deduction from that are just sorta watching on instead.

Vote Drums

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes.

I could flip a coin between Jif and Smash. Both have made me question them. All that said, I’m looking at jville, stark and drums as guys I expect more deduction from that are just sorta watching on instead.

Vote Drums

I mean, that's probably half the game right now.  We've got a half dozen of us posting and contributing, while the rest either fence sit (*coughHesscough*) or poke at easy things.

Stark is a good example - he poked at my style D1, which I can appreciate....but it was still the "easy" thing to do that day.

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Smash why we’re you asking Ape 1.0 details of the LD ability? Seemed like you were debating whether to NK him or not.

I was waiting for his response to me before bringing it up, but yeah.

16 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

lynch JIF tomorrow gives us the best info closely followed by the APE if JIF flips scum. Ape, I forget is that a one time Lie Detector ?

5 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Is there a number on your lie detects ? Stop being a dick and answer the question

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Because the timing is weird.  Ape1.0 pushes JiF and JiF finally answers and then boom - Ape1.0 dead.  Could be either of the options I laid out before, but the timing of the whole thing is suspect.

I was trying to draw the shot to protect hidden roles. Not Jif.

Jif said he has a 1-time ability. So, he is a low priority target if town. Plus, if town there’s enough fos around him to make him a lunch target. So, I don’t see any scenario where he gets NK as town.

If he’s scum, it’s easy, he had to accept my bluff as real. I told him earlier in thread I earned something for my PR. I set the whole thing up to absorb a NK.

I think Smash is town-ish. His frustration that we don’t see what he sees seems real. I also don’t think he’s dumb enough as scum to ask those questions about the LD.

2 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I mean, that's probably half the game right now.  We've got a half dozen of us posting and contributing, while the rest either fence sit (*coughHesscough*) or poke at easy things.

Stark is a good example - he poked at my style D1, which I can appreciate....but it was still the "easy" thing to do that day.

All the more reason to run them up.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I was trying to draw the shot to protect hidden roles. Not Jif.

That part is lost on JiF, who thinks everything Ape1.0 did was cover for him.....even when Smash showed it wasn't.

Thoughts on that interaction, with Smash still pushing at JiF's claim you covered him?

1 hour ago, Leelou said:

I don’t understand why he thanked me and didn’t vote you if that’s where he wants his vote.

I thought Ahem'ing 80 was sufficient to place my vote in the (now) daytime. 

I thanked you for sharing that insight. 

This is very in-line with my level of play. 

This isn't rocket science guys.

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Is there a number on your lie detects ? Stop being a dick and answer the question

5 hours ago, JiFields said:

Why do you want scum to know this? 

why does anyone want to know anything in this game. I asked a question let him answer it. Not sure exactly what's so difficult here. You 2 are really off this game I'm pretty sure you're both scum.

You want everyone to believe you took a shot in the dark nailed AVM as scum as the ninja then he half assed fights back and everyone piles on. That's all fine  but since you are now Vanilla town you have to realize you at this stage in the game your lynch gives us the most info. You just want to be trusted and roll to end game while some suspect you were bussing AVM and that's a stupid play for town. We can also get info on APE as well with your lynch so this is a no brainer. 

Not sure what that even means. Scum should by all means attempt a kill on APE's life. Lie Detector is a pretty powerful role but with me suspecting APE as scum I'll bet he does not get touched nor will you :)

Answers the same question twice, without actually answering. First time “why does anyone want to know anything”, second time “not sure what that means”. It’s a pretty straightforward question so not sure what the confusion is.

Also, things aren’t adding up. Last night it was framed as JiF was the most informative lynch, and getting info on Ape was just an added bonus. Now today when that’s questioned, it’s no longer about the info it’s about JiF being scum.

Also last night, it’s obvious scum should shoot at Ape. Today, scum shooting at Ape means they were trying to protect JiF.

Vote Smash

• Upvote 1

Just now, Verbal said:

Realtalk: if by chance JiF is scum, I understand if he's super pissed right now and feel bad for him.

If he's town, then he's a dumbass and I don't feel bad at all.

When JiF is town, his favorite role, he considers himself to be the best scum hunter in the game.  Aka batman. 

He hates being scum because (according to him) he sucks at it. 

In this game, he's been so busy deflecting and redirecting his whorish outburst and the ninja reveal snafu that he's forgotten to assume his normal townish playing behavior which is to hunt, dissect, and figure out the game so he can get his back pats.  I think it's pretty clear why. 

Just so there's no confusion, because I spent the weekend in the desert and am still catching up on my sleep....Let it be known that I am placing my 

Vote for JiF 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Answers the same question twice, without actually answering. First time “why does anyone want to know anything”, second time “not sure what that means”. It’s a pretty straightforward question so not sure what the confusion is.

Also, things aren’t adding up. Last night it was framed as JiF was the most informative lynch, and getting info on Ape was just an added bonus. Now today when that’s questioned, it’s no longer about the info it’s about JiF being scum.

Also last night, it’s obvious scum should shoot at Ape. Today, scum shooting at Ape means they were trying to protect JiF.

Vote Smash

That last part is not a knock on Smash, btw.  It WAS obvious scum needed to shoot Ape - the question is whether to kill a LD, or to kill a LD and thereby protect scum-JiF?  Smash has clearly locked on JiF as scum, and that reads as progression.

That you're using this as a case is a little weird.

21 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

If I was disinterested I would not have been building a case for 3 + pages ...No ? 

Obviously with APE getting NK your lynch went from informative (info on you and the APE obviously) to you being a scum candidate. Sure scum could have killed APE to implement you but you had to know if APE somehow survived he would have come back with you being a liar depends on how you look at it. 

I'm looking at it as you being scum

You havent built a case.  Ape didnt have a LD, he was just saying things.  There was never a time in this made up scenario you created where you were gaining information via my lynch besides the fact that even if he did your logic still makes no sense  You operated as if his word was legit and could be trusted while acting as if I cant be yet, which is fine but lets remind everyone, I'm the one who at least somewhat confirmed my ability, the ability that you supported and FOS'd anyone who wasnt voting AVM.  In fact you said, "pretty sure there is scum on this train" alluding to players voting me and not AVM...and now you're pushing lynch based off completely bogus logic. 

On 2/6/2023 at 8:37 AM, Jetsfan80 said:

Official Day 2 Vote Count

AVM (4) - JiF, Drums, Leelou, Smash

JiF (4) - Arsis, Hal, Barry, Beaver

Pac (3) - Hess, Jvill, Stark

Arsis (1) - BG

Smash (1) - Ape

With 20 players alive it takes 11 votes to lynch

On 2/6/2023 at 8:48 AM, Smashmouth said:

pretty sure there's scum in that group

50 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

JIF keeps saying this nonsense that APE was providing cover for him when APE in fact stated he was not. It was clear to me what APE did and it had nothing to do with covering for a VT player in JIF .

JIF is Scum, the AVM thing was bullsh*t and half assed. 

Why did you not think it was bull sh*t at the time? 

26 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes.

Vote Drums

ok  welcome back 

21 minutes ago, Verbal said:

yes I voted you D1, for reasons that pinged. you were basically saying I was over blowing your "either or" now you can appreciate and also it was the "easy" thing to do. lol -- go back and read D1 without lee claiming you, you looked and were playing scummy. 

Before Ape was brought back we had quite a few 

Ballin, Lurker, Greenseed, Beaver, Drums and Bleeding green with almost no posts and what posts were made had little to no game related posts. 

3 minutes ago, Verbal said:

That last part is not a knock on Smash, btw.  It WAS obvious scum needed to shoot Ape - the question is whether to kill a LD, or to kill a LD and thereby protect scum-JiF?  Smash has clearly locked on JiF as scum, and that reads as progression.

That you're using this as a case is a little weird.

Yeah, disagree. Ape being the obvious kill last night does not lead naturally into:

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

Now that APE is dead who do you think took that shot at night ? JIF had to take the shot with the scum team because he knew APE was going to come back with a lie detect on JIF. 

Plenty of reasons for Ape to have been the kill regardless of alignment. Smash acknowledged last night that Ape was the logical kill because LD is a powerful role. Smash was inquiring into how powerful the powerful role was. To then turn around and act like it’s obvious that JiF must have pulled the trigger is pushing a bad narrative that his own logic indirectly contradicted hours earlier.