Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

So the JiF argument today is even more mind-numbingly stupid than it was yesterday.  Considering, as others have pointed out recently, there's yet to be any reason to believe in a third party, we're supposed to just decide that rushing out of the gate on day two fully committing to slaughtering one of your own without any pressure is felt?  And for that sacrificial lamb of AVM being roled to top it off?  That would have to be one of the dumbest moves in mafia history.

Perhaps not completely impossible mind you, because man are some (all?) of us dumb, but the idea of that being sky-rocketed as a top argument is a bit ridiculous, and seems more likely to be a very convenient cover of stupidity for mafia to gladly hop on board the train.  The problem with that is while I think Arsis' argument was laughable yesterday, both him and Smash going so hard-out for that today smells more like stupid townie than anything at the moment.  I feel like it's more likely scum trying to come in to ride after that, but I guess for the moment I begrudgingly concede that Verbal isn't a suspect given what's been revealed, regardless of how I've pretty much disagreed with the majority of what he's said since day, which leaves us with Peen, which also seems to be a new favorite at the moment.

As a side note, whoever gave out the BPV could've also easily call out JiF immediately if that's not who it was given to, in which case that lynch would go up mighty fast.  I'd suspect the lack of any even slight objection to that says that's probably true.... although then JiF is a dumbass for revealing it rather than actively trying to draw the mafia's shot tonight.

P.S. Can we still kill Pac, just for fun?

• Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

@Stark I'll be taking my 4yo out on our weekly Tuesday night Daddy/Daughter dinner date. 

So, if I don't post for a while it's because I'm busy jumping on trampolines and eating happy meals.  Which is significantly more exciting than this game where I'm just boring old VT; I haven't been as invested in this game as I have in the last few--when I had actual nighttime activities to handle and QT discussions to participate in.   I'm a safe lynch if ya'll want to quit trying to lynch scum and want to focus on the (not even low) middle activity posters. 

...this reminds me of a time I snuck into a Phish concert by wearing an event staff polo and I got close enough to the stage to smell the patchouli on Trey Anastasio, when the lead Operations guy tried to kick me out for "not doing anything".  

So I've got to ask, is the premature reveal-ulation a common thing around here these days or something?  Lots of early finishes going on around here.

No reason to believe it say anything about alignment, considering evidence has shown it to be coming from both sides, but I just don't get the reasoning behind it at all.

Any logic behind this, or are people just exhausted from this game that quickly?  If anything it seems more likely to be to the benefit of scum than town, for reasons I won't bother explaining just in case they're too stupid to figure that out for themselves.

6 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

So I've got to ask, is the premature reveal-ulation a common thing around here these days or something?  Lots of early finishes going on around here.

No reason to believe it say anything about alignment, considering evidence has shown it to be coming from both sides, but I just don't get the reasoning behind it at all.

Any logic behind this, or are people just exhausted from this game that quickly?  If anything it seems more likely to be to the benefit of scum than town, for reasons I won't bother explaining just in case they're too stupid to figure that out for themselves.

I’m just getting caught up for the day.   Early it’s ok but it gets pingy as hell by the end.

I love the “posting a ton then stopped.  It means something!!!  I’m going with my kid won’t be on for hours”.  Oh yeah.  Like there’s no chance others aren’t always playing 24/7 lol.  

I skimmed this morning and was feeling like there was nothing to vote on today.  This is all that stood out, so I’m joining in. 

VOTE Peen 

Pac strutting in here isn’t a great look to me either.  It’s like Peen and pac are showing up trying to swing it all around all the sudden.  Lots of interesting certainty about uncertain things.  

28 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

I’m just getting caught up for the day.   Early it’s ok but it gets pingy as hell by the end.

I love the “posting a ton then stopped.  It means something!!!  I’m going with my kid won’t be on for hours”.  Oh yeah.  Like there’s no chance others aren’t always playing 24/7 lol.  

I skimmed this morning and was feeling like there was nothing to vote on today.  This is all that stood out, so I’m joining in. 

VOTE Peen 

Pac strutting in here isn’t a great look to me either.  It’s like Peen and pac are showing up trying to swing it all around all the sudden.  Lots of interesting certainty about uncertain things.  

I’m on my last straw w Pac before I blast him

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

good news..  the game is being played so poorly on page 17 I think I'm going to start reading every other page.

After jgb dropped a load of spunk in his trousers I basically opted out in taking it seriously until the deadline.

34 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

VOTE Peen 

You just accused them of of what you’re doing and voted the warmest train.

We’re going to need to be more creative than voting the vocal participants. 

Jif is cornered if scum. I say let it ride until we have to deal with it. Too much of the fans is hidden.

JVOR, BG, Beaver, pac, drums, stark, all players there’s almost nothing to base a read on.

Ive often considered including a mechanic that penalizes the bottom posters. Might be time to design a game with it… but I have no time to moderate.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Who am i supposed to vote for?  

Read the thread, conclude who you believe is crooked, vote them… what you just did was say this and that is pingy and then bandwagon vote. 

I get that you’re learning, but it looks like scum play. At some point we gotta Lynch you for it and stop ignoring it as noob play.

vote hal

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jif is cornered if scum. I say let it ride until we have to deal with it. Too much of the fans is hidden.

JVOR, BG, Beaver, pac, drums, stark, all players there’s almost nothing to base a read on.

Ive often considered including a mechanic that penalizes the bottom posters. Might be time to design a game with it… but I have no time to moderate.

I tried voting Beaver and Peen didn’t touch day 2. Wouldn’t call him active either and the dude plopped a vote on jhb all day 1, and tried to look “super” townie a little too hard day 3. But any of the inactives would work as far as heat for me

44 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

VOTE Peen 

So, you skimmed this morning, when smash and Jif were arguing. Nothing stood out in that time except greenpeen?  Who you just pointed out just arrived suddenly and started posting this evening? 

Brah, you’re scum or freebasing Clorox.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Read the thread, conclude who you believe is crooked, vote them… what you just did was say this and that is pingy and then bandwagon vote. 

I get that you’re learning, but it looks like scum play. At some point we gotta Lynch you for it and stop ignoring it as noob play.

vote hal

Lol ok.  No biggie.  I just read the stuff and it stood out.  

In the end lynching is all some rolls have and you don’t want to throw it away.  Peen was standing out as I scrolled.  

I was hoping there would be more to go on.   Reveals and stuff.  If we have people learning stuff at night they are being way to subtle.  

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So, you skimmed this morning, when smash and Jif were arguing. Nothing stood out in that time except greenpeen?  Who you just pointed out just arrived suddenly and started posting this evening? 

Brah, you’re scum or freebasing Clorox.

Yeah.  I’d bet Smash is town and JiF is what it is.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

yes I saw that. jif had said he was scum flat out 3 days ago on D2.

ape could have LD that post if he wanted. I think that was before ape ever hinted at LD. 

not ruling out the possibility that the AVM was a bus but more posts to this game than just ape asking him to say he's town - its hindsight but if ape was a LD he could have ran the LD on his statement above without telling the game he was LD. 

Just want to comment on the bold: That would be an inconclusive result though if he is 3rd party so although it sounded like it made sense when I first read it, this doesn't hold up for me anymore. LD has to choose wisely. 

16 minutes ago, Drums said:

Just want to comment on the bold: That would be an inconclusive result though if he is 3rd party so although it sounded like it made sense when I first read it, this doesn't hold up for me anymore. LD has to choose wisely. 

I’m picking up a ton but what is a 3rd party?  Comes up every few pages. 

41 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

What’s your read on jville