Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

32 minutes ago, Drums said:

I got so high last night that I searched for my friend for a half an hour while he helped me look.

https://www.insider.com/turkey-missing-drunk-man-joins-his-own-search-party-forest-2021-10?amp

A drunken man who had been reported missing spent hours with a search party looking for himself, report says

• A Turkish man was reported missing after not returning home following a night out, reports say.
  • He joined his own search party and combed the woods for several hours, The Times reports.
  • When a potential rescuer shouted his name, he realized they were looking for him, reports say.

A drunken construction worker who had been reported missing spent hours with a search party looking for himself on Tuesday, according to reports.

Relatives of Beyhan Mutlu, 50, reportedly became concerned when he didn't return home after a night drinking with his friends in Inegöl in Turkey's Bursa province, The Times reported.

His wife was unable to reach him on his cellphone, and officials were advised that his friends lost him after he wandered into a forest, the Turkish news outlet Daily Sabah said.

A search party was sent for, and Mutlu joined the volunteers in looking through the woods, according to The Times.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

Answers the same question twice, without actually answering. First time “why does anyone want to know anything”, second time “not sure what that means”. It’s a pretty straightforward question so not sure what the confusion is.

Also, things aren’t adding up. Last night it was framed as JiF was the most informative lynch, and getting info on Ape was just an added bonus. Now today when that’s questioned, it’s no longer about the info it’s about JiF being scum.

Also last night, it’s obvious scum should shoot at Ape. Today, scum shooting at Ape means they were trying to protect JiF.

Vote Smash

Unvote Jif Vote Jvill 

55 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

We’re going to need to be more creative than voting the vocal participants. 

Jif is cornered if scum. I say let it ride until we have to deal with it. Too much of the fans is hidden.

JVOR, BG, Beaver, pac, drums, stark, all players there’s almost nothing to base a read on.

Ive often considered including a mechanic that penalizes the bottom posters. Might be time to design a game with it… but I have no time to moderate.

As someone who (very deservedly) makes the second list, I still completely agree with this.  I feel the cases being made right now are super weak and to your point, if JiF is actually scum it was a super dumb play that not only already killed off one scum, but he continues to paint himself further into the corner with continual additions of information that he'll never be able to talk his way out of if he can't hold up to it (e.g., saying he now has another role investigation in his pocket).

To your point though, that leaves a lot of other people with tough reads to make.  However, you're hardly exempt from that either considering your play prior to today has quite literally nothing to do with your current role/alignment.  Not to say I suspect anything of you at the moment, but still worth pointing out as even you must admit that could be very conveniently passed over.

42 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Lol ok.  No biggie.  I just read the stuff and it stood out.  

In the end lynching is all some rolls have and you don’t want to throw it away.  Peen was standing out as I scrolled.  

I was hoping there would be more to go on.   Reveals and stuff.  If we have people learning stuff at night they are being way to subtle.  

No, no… you said this morning you skimmed and all that stood out was peen. Peen wasn’t posting this morning. 

26 minutes ago, Beaver said:

What’s your read on jville

Clean. Probably scum.

4 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

As someone who (very deservedly) makes the second list, I still completely agree with this.  I feel the cases being made right now are super weak and to your point, if JiF is actually scum it was a super dumb play that not only already killed off one scum, but he continues to paint himself further into the corner with continual additions of information that he'll never be able to talk his way out of if he can't hold up to it (e.g., saying he now has another role investigation in his pocket).

To your point though, that leaves a lot of other people with tough reads to make.  However, you're hardly exempt from that either considering your play prior to today has quite literally nothing to do with your current role/alignment.  Not to say I suspect anything of you at the moment, but still worth pointing out as even you must admit that could be very conveniently passed over.

That’s a long way of saying I could be scum, too. Yes, I could be. I am not.

4 minutes ago, Drums said:

@Hal N of Provo who's your best town read?

Leelou, And Verbal are linked.  Maybe Masons and maybe lovers - which could be any side.   I think Masons.  Both seem genuine although I’d like to see verbal post more. 

You seen town.  Beaver seems town.    

Peen seemed to misstep and get aggressive in defensive.  I think as town you kind of want to win but deep down don’t care that deeply lol.  

Id hate to kill JiF today.  What a loss if he’s important to town.  

6 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

The post I quoted was after Ape’s flip though, and you were still calling it a lynch for information.

And Ape being shot doesn’t tell us a whole lot about JiF IMO. Scum had plenty of reasons to want Ape if JiF is town. If JiF’s town you can push arguments that he killed Ape to avoid to the LD, if Ape’s actually the LD he can confirm JiF as town, they don’t know if Ape is 1x LD, etc.

You did not take into consideration I may have been posting while catching up.

My case in the beginning was simple, though some of you are trying to muddy the waters. I did not like JIF's reveal that he caught AVM the Ninja at all, it felt like a buss attempt . AVM gave a weak defense in return pinging me even more. At that point APE stepped in claiming he was lie detecting JIF . My stance at this point was JIF would be a good lynch because it would give us info on both him and the APE, the same APE who had to ask him 4 times to post that he was town so he could lie detect . Then APE got Night killed and I believe JIF killed him with the scum team.

JIF had zero choice in the matter, he had to honor APE's request to be lie detected or he would have looked scummy. IMHO he looked scummy anyway avoiding the request 4 times not sure how you don't see that. Now that APE is dead and flipped town lying to us about the LD in the process I figured APE was drawing the NK because he was vanilla town and better than a Power role getting killed. My case was then not a case for info it was a case that JIF was scum based on his far fetched role cop AVM Buss attempt. If you don't agree with this I'm fine with that but it does not make me scum it makes me town trying to scum hunt. 

@Bleedin Green before you start calling people idiots you have to stop being an idiot yourself. You have contributed nothing to this game and your vote off on one person was suspect just like beaver and a few others.

BTW all you idiots still have not figured out what my situation is in this game and its right in front of your faces . 

Town should start playing like a team rather than who is going to be the hero. Selfish "I'm the greatest" bullsh*t gets old and annoying 

Unvote Jvill

Vote JIF

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bleedin Green said:

So the JiF argument today is even more mind-numbingly stupid than it was yesterday.  Considering, as others have pointed out recently, there's yet to be any reason to believe in a third party, we're supposed to just decide that rushing out of the gate on day two fully committing to slaughtering one of your own without any pressure is felt?  And for that sacrificial lamb of AVM being roled to top it off?  That would have to be one of the dumbest moves in mafia history.

Perhaps not completely impossible mind you, because man are some (all?) of us dumb, but the idea of that being sky-rocketed as a top argument is a bit ridiculous, and seems more likely to be a very convenient cover of stupidity for mafia to gladly hop on board the train.  The problem with that is while I think Arsis' argument was laughable yesterday, both him and Smash going so hard-out for that today smells more like stupid townie than anything at the moment.  I feel like it's more likely scum trying to come in to ride after that, but I guess for the moment I begrudgingly concede that Verbal isn't a suspect given what's been revealed, regardless of how I've pretty much disagreed with the majority of what he's said since day, which leaves us with Peen, which also seems to be a new favorite at the moment.

As a side note, whoever gave out the BPV could've also easily call out JiF immediately if that's not who it was given to, in which case that lynch would go up mighty fast.  I'd suspect the lack of any even slight objection to that says that's probably true.... although then JiF is a dumbass for revealing it rather than actively trying to draw the mafia's shot tonight.

P.S. Can we still kill Pac, just for fun?

we can revisit this stupid sh*t end game 

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Oh, to be clear, this bullsh*t quasi-reveal scare tactic is why you deserve the vote.

WTF are you talking about holy christ. Scare Tactic ??? You made reference to my vote do you not see what's going on ? Oh no that's right you're not paying attention