Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

The sun was setting on the small, rural town of Zenith. The streets were quiet, the only sound being the occasional chirping of birds.

In the corner of a dimly-lit alley, a computer programmer stood searching for a hippie named CTM. He had been searching for hours, to no avail.

Suddenly, without warning, a pair of cargo shorts emerged from the shadows. The programmer felt a chill run down his spine as he realized something was off. He took a few steps back, but it was too late.

image.thumb.png.1a36df12d1057d44b35d9c8f4990dab1.png

The cargo shorts opened fire, sending a hail of bullets at the programmer. The programmer screamed in terror as he felt the bullets rip into his body. He collapsed to the ground, his life extinguished in an instant.

The cargo shorts continued to fire, spraying the alley with bullets. Finally, the gunfire stopped and the alley was silent. The programmer lay motionless on the ground, his body riddled with bullets.

His killer had vanished, leaving behind nothing but a pair of cargo shorts. The police arrived shortly thereafter and began to investigate the scene. They soon discovered the identity of the victim: a computer programmer who had been searching for a hippie named CTM.

The police never found the killer. But to this day, the people of Zenith whisper of a mysterious figure who walks the streets at night, a pair of cargo shorts tucked into his waistband.

image.thumb.png.c58643cd607bf97adab76586fd76c0c4.png

@Jets Voice of Reason is dead.  He was...........the Scum Computer Programmer (Watcher).

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Stark here's another angle and I literally just thought of this. Keep in Mind 80 tailored this game to his liking based on all of our play styles. We've already seen post restrictions based on those styles . 80 is well aware of CTM's play style and I would not for a second put it past 80 to require a scum team gambit early in the game. 

There’s gaming the mod, and then there’s whatever the hell this is.

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Like I said I have accused people in the past for not reading the game and skimming. I wanted to see who was paying attention especially when I was starting the throw out obvious hints.

Probably gonna die now so get ready

obvious hints but also kind of appeared to be hinting at something else

your "jif bus AVM" theory is based on CTM running gambits and you then run that further down the road by saying 80 may have given that requirement to scum.

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Thought we were allowed to add quips from the grave. To be fair only played in one game where that was allowed. If I overstepped my apologies!

Play on!

Quips yes but nothing game-related.  I don't think you really over-stepped but just tread carefully.  You have DT access and thus have info others here don't!

• Upvote 2

*** GAME RESUMED ***

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch.

Official Day 3 Vote Count

JiF (4) - Arsis, Peen, Verbal, Smash

Smash (3) - jvill, BG, JiF

Peen (3) - Leelou, Hess, Hal

Hal (2) - Ape, Stark

Not Voting (3) - Pac, Lurker, Drums

With 15 players alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The sun was setting on the small, rural town of Zenith. The streets were quiet, the only sound being the occasional chirping of birds.

In the corner of a dimly-lit alley, a computer programmer stood searching for a hippie named CTM. He had been searching for hours, to no avail.

Suddenly, without warning, a pair of cargo shorts emerged from the shadows. The programmer felt a chill run down his spine as he realized something was off. He took a few steps back, but it was too late.

image.thumb.png.1a36df12d1057d44b35d9c8f4990dab1.png

The cargo shorts opened fire, sending a hail of bullets at the programmer. The programmer screamed in terror as he felt the bullets rip into his body. He collapsed to the ground, his life extinguished in an instant.

The cargo shorts continued to fire, spraying the alley with bullets. Finally, the gunfire stopped and the alley was silent. The programmer lay motionless on the ground, his body riddled with bullets.

His killer had vanished, leaving behind nothing but a pair of cargo shorts. The police arrived shortly thereafter and began to investigate the scene. They soon discovered the identity of the victim: a computer programmer who had been searching for a hippie named CTM.

The police never found the killer. But to this day, the people of Zenith whisper of a mysterious figure who walks the streets at night, a pair of cargo shorts tucked into his waistband.

image.thumb.png.c58643cd607bf97adab76586fd76c0c4.png

@Jets Voice of Reason is dead.  He was...........the Scum Computer Programmer (Watcher).

Happy Putt Putt GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

PAC knows the way I play, probably better than most, we were in the first games ever on JN . So if you're asking this question why don't you come out with your case on me rather than just simply voting and asking others why they are not voting me as well ? Just curious as to what your case is

I don’t know what’s happening in the game and haven’t caught up yet.

I said I thought you were town.  I just thought it interesting you and JiF were going back and forth and he was saying both clear.   Was wondering if he has a secret team lol. 

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

There’s gaming the mod, and then there’s whatever the hell this is.

So in a game where 80 hand picked PR's and roles you think its totally out of the question he didn't ask scum to attempt a gambit on day 1 ? That's okay I'm looking at every angle . Obviously I could be wrong but like I said CTM was known for this and there is good reason to think its a possibility. 

54 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

First things first I'm not pump faking a role . How can you not see this is a post restriction ? NOT A ROLE that tells me you're scum !! It should be very clear I was talking about a POST RESTRICTION. 

Now that its been figured out I'll elaborate. When someone votes me I have ANGRILY OMGUS vote them and go over the top with that response. So when someone votes me at any time I have to remove my vote and OMGUS vote them  then I can move my vote back.... Is that clear enough ??  I'm 100 % town and while I still think you are scum my posts coming back at you for voting me should now hopefully make more sense. You got me on ignore that's fine maybe someone in the game can relay this info to you.  

Ok finally. So this makes it seem like you had to do it angrily the whole time, but your other post said you have to do it angrily because it was discovered. Which is it?

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

obvious hints but also kind of appeared to be hinting at something else

your "jif bus AVM" theory is based on CTM running gambits and you then run that further down the road by saying 80 may have given that requirement to scum.

I guess we shall see

1 minute ago, jvill 51 said:

Ok finally. So this makes it seem like you had to do it angrily the whole time, but your other post said you have to do it angrily because it was discovered. Which is it?

WHat ? I made it clear I had to OMGUS those who vote me and do it angrily .... one way to take that. Not sure what you mean by discovered

3 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

So in a game where 80 hand picked PR's and roles you think its totally out of the question he didn't ask scum to attempt a gambit on day 1 ? That's okay I'm looking at every angle . Obviously I could be wrong but like I said CTM was known for this and there is good reason to think its a possibility. 

There are PRs, but no I don’t think a mod would make the minority team give up one of their teammates d2

6 minutes ago, Stark said:

UNVOTE 

VOTE SMASH

why you make the "im probably gonna die" comment?

UNvote JIF 

Vote that total Idiot Stark 

Someday you'll learn to ******* play 

I made the I'm gonna die comment cause I genuinely thought PAC was gonna shoot me was that not obvious enough for your feeble little brain to grasp ? I'm sending you to the Doggin school of remedial mafia .... You've earned it 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Leelou said:

There are PRs, but no I don’t think a mod would make the minority team give up one of their teammates d2

I am leaning this way Leelou but I'm putting it out there because its obvious 80 has tailored this game in a certain way and to his liking. Also if that was a concern he could have added to the mafia team or give them a chance for a 1 time recruit.  I'm not sure he's just restricting town here .

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

UNvote JIF 

Vote that total Idiot Stark 

Someday you'll learn to ******* play 

I made the I'm gonna die comment cause I genuinely thought PAC was gonna shoot me was that not obvious enough for your feeble little brain to grasp ? I'm sending you to the Doggin school of remedial mafia .... You've earned it 

yeah I know... only he didn't fos you at all in his list. 

Stay Mad GIF

im going back to you because your poor theory on JiF Avm bus. and then follow it up with 80 mod ordered gambit . 

you and I already had posts interaction around this. 

Now we have 2 deaths in the middle of day and you say "I think Im gonna die soon"

fine im pea brain that can't get past a developing gambit theory 

Rule 14

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

WHat ? I made it clear I had to OMGUS those who vote me and do it angrily .... one way to take that. Not sure what you mean by discovered

This post you say you have to do it angrily now that I discovered the restriction:

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

now that you figured it out I have to also do it angrily which is difficult enough to deal with.

1 minute ago, Stark said:

yeah I know... only he didn't fos you at all in his list. 

Stay Mad GIF

im going back to you because your poor theory on JiF Avm bus. and then follow it up with 80 mod ordered gambit . 

you and I already had posts interaction around this. 

Now we have 2 deaths in the middle of day and you say "I think Im gonna die soon"

fine im pea brain that can't get past a developing gambit theory 

Rule 14

Sombody ******* shoot me dead