Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Yes, I voted for the guy who “joke” claimed cop in the first ten minutes of the game because it’s by far the scummiest thing in the game thus far.

The bros rushing to Barry’s defense over one lousy vote — and only his defense in a game with 9 people getting votes — that is very suspicious, also.

Just because someone disagrees with your read, it doesn’t mean it’s a defense of the player. I think it’s a very weak case and the more you cling to it as “ the best case in the game ” you slowly make my case against you better. First time scum like to latch on to something basically anything. Every post you make is basically making my case. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, jvill 51 said:

I don’t need AI to tell me to vote Pac, how dare you.

I was hoping for some kind of explanation for why I shouldn’t switch my vote to you. I’m not buying that you are so convinced on your case on Barry that you truly think we can’t do better, so much so that you are pushing to lynch Barry with the quickness before the game really gets going based on what appears to be an AI generated post.

And then there’s the peripherals: when questioned on it we get an edited post in which you didn’t answer the question but deflected to others. And the case itself looks like it’s searching for power role hints, which is the sort of thing that’s of much more interest to scum than townies.

unvote vote jgb

sh*t just got real, very sexy, I'd blow you for next to nothing.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, jgb said:

I didn’t say I was convinced. I said it was the best — really only — basis to vote for someone. Since lynching is the only way town can kill scum, it’s a lost opportunity to not lynch everyday.

Feel free to emo vote me, you seem very interested in preventing any sort of consensus since you chose to come after my vote which has some basis (we can debate at how strong) while giving a pass to the 8 voting with none.

When you hit a nerve, keep drilling.

Sexy response, you could watch and wait, I'll get to you next.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

Did Ape and JiF switch accounts?

no but he's a huge turn on, I'd let him do things to me for a nickel 

9 hours ago, HessStation said:

What is this one even talking about?

I think Hal just says things to make it seem like he's figured out the game a little bit but nah, 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Just because someone disagrees with your read, it doesn’t mean it’s a defense of the player. I think it’s a very weak case and the more you cling to it as “ the best case in the game ” you slowly make my case against you better. First time scum like to latch on to something basically anything. Every post you make is basically making my case. 

You can stick to your case if you wish.

6 minutes ago, JiFields said:

Oh sh*t, you drew CTM as a character...lmfao

Nuh uh!!! Gross!!!

I did see him recently, we ran into each other at the cafeteria. He was just sort of hanging around the milk dispenser trying to sell mushrooms and convince students not to drink cow milk. So weird. Like what a creeper, right?

Anyway, I bought some of the mushrooms and three days later woke up in a van in the middle of the dessert wearing his old ratty cargo shorts and a phish t-shirt with these disgusting yellowish armpit stains.

My teeth hurt, and after feeling around with my tongue I’d realized a few of my incisors where pulled out.

I also have a weird scar on my abdomen, but like, it was a trip. I like how he parties!!! It’s just super weird how he reminds me of my dad.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Yes, I voted for the guy who “joke” claimed cop in the first ten minutes of the game because it’s by far the scummiest thing in the game thus far.

The bros rushing to Barry’s defense over one lousy vote — and only his defense in a game with 9 people getting votes — that is very suspicious, also.

So your theory is, Barry claimed cop on his first post but he's really scum setting up a fake reveal later in the game?  So instead of taking it as face value, you'd like to lynch the uncountered deputy, errr cop?  

Suspicious Family Matters GIF

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Nuh uh!!! Gross!!!

I did see him recently, we ran into each other at the cafeteria. He was just sort of hanging around the milk dispenser trying to sell mushrooms and convince students not to drink cow milk. So weird. Like what a creeper, right?

Anyway, I bought some of the mushrooms and three days later woke up in a van in the middle of the dessert wearing his old ratty cargo shorts and a phish t-shirt with these disgusting yellowish armpit stains.

My teeth hurt, and after feeling around with my tongue I’d realized a few of my incisors where pulled out.

I also have a weird scar on my abdomen, but like, it was a trip. I like how he parties!!! It’s just super weird how he reminds me of my dad.

Fanning The Daily Show GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JiFields said:

So your theory is, Barry claimed cop on his first post but he's really scum setting up a fake reveal later in the game?  So instead of taking it as face value, you'd like to lynch the uncountered deputy, errr cop?  

Is this true?

jgb playing like a noob, I guess.

Hinting cop is about as stupid as it gets. Let scum dispense of him, if it’s true.

Anyone giving this case juice? Logic + math says jgb and Barry likely town, but scum might be day 1 greedy and encouraging it.

My first post contains no bread crumbs or claims of any sort. It's an AI generated response to a prompt asking it to give a reason for not participating until day 2 (as I said I wouldn't in the sign up thread) in an online mafia game about ctm search party. I also asked it to complain the stench of hippies.

Just want to nip that in the bud. See you f'n dorks day 2 if I survive.

disturbed.png.3011657ff6760c8c1eb96d6487ab9a0b.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, JiFields said:

It’s more interesting to see how others have selected that one vote for challenge out of the hugely fragmented votes on the board.

Approximately 25% are scum most games. Odds are against any individual being scum (including Barry). I don’t think scum would rally so visibly to preserve scum on D1 against one lousy vote.

However, if Barry is town, this is a nice opportunity for them. Now they can NK him and have a strong case to lynch me tomorrow whilst gaining some validation for themselves. Scum score a double and causes town to burn a lynch.

But the cost will now be to put his defenders under FOS.

If town trades 1:1, we win.

10 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

When I gamed the Nolder last game I was lynch bait for 7 pages, but when JiF does it -after offering to blow you guys- it’s all, “he makes a good point guys!”

Happy Love Is Blind GIF by NETFLIX

Yeah, but it’s 80 and 80 sucks 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Once upon a time, there was a purple pirate named @AVM.  She was a fierce and daring explorer who loved nothing more than sailing the high seas in search of adventure.

The purple pirate had a faithful crew who followed her orders without hesitation and she was kind and generous to them. She had a trusty ship that was well known throughout the seven seas for its speed and agility.

One day, the purple pirate was sailing through the Caribbean Sea when she encountered an unexpected adversary: an umbrella. At first, she thought it was just a harmless object, but as it approached, she could tell it was more than just an umbrella. It was a living creature, with a long body, a small head, and a pair of wings.

The purple pirate was shocked, but she was also brave. She grabbed her sword and prepared to fight, even though she knew she was outnumbered. The umbrella flew closer and closer, and the purple pirate braced herself for the attack.

Suddenly, the umbrella unleashed a stream of lightning bolts at her. The purple pirate was able to deflect most of them with her sword, but a few got through and hit her. The purple pirate was injured, but she refused to give up. Drawing on her inner strength, she fought back with all her might.

After a long battle, the purple pirate eventually defeated the umbrella, and the creature flew away in defeat. The purple pirate had won the battle, but she was exhausted and injured. She and her crew quickly set sail for home. The purple pirate had learned an important lesson that day: no matter how powerful your enemies may seem, never give up. With determination and courage, you can always overcome the odds.

image.png.80cafd9a8515e1d0351c42059db1a1e9.png

The image is literally of a purple pirate getting a lobotomy from an umbrella. Even AI knows umbrellas are hell on earth.

16 hours ago, jgb said:

Huge game. I predict no lynches until day 3.

Complaining about no lynch on RL day 1 of day 1? Sir we have a full week of fence sitting so hard you can see the top in our stomachs, buckle up.

15 hours ago, Greenseed4 said:

Hi @Leelou, I don’t believe we’ve met, but if you play Mafia on this forum I can already tell that I probably don’t like you.

Wanna see a magic trick?

15 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Mod Note:  The rules have been updated to add the following:

3.       At the D1 deadline (if needed), if no majority is reached, the highest-vote getter will be the lynch.  D2 and beyond, it will be a random player lynched if no majority is reached.

GFY

14 hours ago, Verbal said:

I let you guys think that, but this whole time 80 and I have been playing chess while you jokers play checkers.

Translation:  I'm ******* killing Verbal.

I play pretty pretty princess, actually

13 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I spent all of last night with my feet behind my head, being plowed by the director of liberal arts studies at the local community college… didn’t read my PM, what’d I miss?

Oh hell yeah - whole new meaning to GBTA amirite?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, AVM said:

The image is literally of a purple pirate getting a lobotomy from an umbrella. Even AI knows umbrellas are hell on earth.

Complaining about no lynch on RL day 1 of day 1? Sir we have a full week of fence sitting so hard you can see the top in our stomachs, buckle up.

Wanna see a magic trick?

GFY

I play pretty pretty princess, actually

Oh hell yeah - whole new meaning to GBTA amirite?

Predicting is not complaining. That’s why the two are described by different words.

19 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My first post contains no bread crumbs or claims of any sort. It's an AI generated response to a prompt asking it to give a reason for not participating until day 2 (as I said I wouldn't in the sign up thread) in an online mafia game about ctm search party. I also asked it to complain the stench of hippies.

Just want to nip that in the bud. See you f'n dorks day 2 if I survive.

disturbed.png.3011657ff6760c8c1eb96d6487ab9a0b.png

Barry your absence has been hugely helpful already!

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

But somehow it doesn’t feel wrong this time lol

I never understood why it was wrong last game TBH. I mean any info should be used right?

It’s an odd balance. Gaming the mod is something the whole game sees, might be some help for town but just as likely can help scum. Also any talk or conversations that takes away from scum hunting gameplay allows scum to look like they are solving the game  but are really just bouncing off points, it’s fine in small all amounts but if it begins to dominate the game speak it tends to favor scum in opinion. 

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Pac (3) - BG, JiF, Leelou

Jgb (2) - Crusher, Jvill

Hess (2) - Beaver, Hess

Arsis (1) - Drums

Drums (1) - Stark

Hal (1) - Ballin

JVOR (1) - AVM

AVM (1) - JVOR

Barry (1) - jgb

Verbal (1) - Arsis

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.