Game Thread - CTM Search Party (GAME OVER)

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Explain how.

28 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

My first post contains no bread crumbs or claims of any sort. It's an AI generated response to a prompt asking it to give a reason for not participating until day 2 (as I said I wouldn't in the sign up thread) in an online mafia game about ctm search party. I also asked it to complain the stench of hippies.

Just want to nip that in the bud. See you f'n dorks day 2 if I survive.

disturbed.png.3011657ff6760c8c1eb96d6487ab9a0b.png

Yeah we will never get that half hour back. The prodigal son of mafia is a having a serious case of first day tunneling. 

1 minute ago, Stark said:

22 player game and hess is self voting...wtf

Have you met @HessStation? it’s probably because he’s driving 90 in a 55 on a vitamin water with ginseng blend bender while finger picking his mini guitar as he tries to play mafia and research bunkers at the same time. Likely hasn’t read his game pm yet. 

• Haha 3

Just now, The Crusher said:

Have you met @HessStation? it’s probably because he’s driving 90 in a 55 on a vitamin water with ginseng blend bender while finger picking his mini guitar as he tries to play mafia and research bunkers at the same time. Likely hasn’t read his game pm yet. 

Unless you send him his role PM encrypted via the dark web, he’s likely not reading it until Friday.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

yes, yes I have a0e5cf7ec3a8e5eef2340c7fe9b4d661.gif.f00a0826f5818fc6d4a4756b9f9b4b84.gif

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, jgb said:

Feel free to emo vote me, you seem very interested in preventing any sort of consensus since you chose to come after my vote which has some basis (we can debate at how strong) while giving a pass to the 8 voting with none.

When you hit a nerve, keep drilling.

Nudge

16 hours ago, jgb said:

Besides, the question isn’t why would I vote for someone on (you believe) specious evidence… it’s why would someone defend another so vociferously so early. Everyone is throwing out votes. You’re the only one playing bodyguard. You’re the outlier, friend.

Nudge

7 hours ago, jgb said:

The bros rushing to Barry’s defense over one lousy vote — and only his defense in a game with 9 people getting votes — that is very suspicious, also.

Nudge

35 minutes ago, jgb said:

It’s more interesting to see how others have selected that one vote for challenge out of the hugely fragmented votes on the board.

Approximately 25% are scum most games. Odds are against any individual being scum (including Barry). I don’t think scum would rally so visibly to preserve scum on D1 against one lousy vote.

However, if Barry is town, this is a nice opportunity for them. Now they can NK him and have a strong case to lynch me tomorrow whilst gaining some validation for themselves. Scum score a double and causes town to burn a lynch.

But the cost will now be to put his defenders under FOS.

If town trades 1:1, we win.

Nudge

By this point, I don't see why your logic hasn't moved you on to the "defenders" who you find so suspicious, rather than Barry who you extrapolated a breadcrumbed claim from out of an AI generated post. Like you said, odds are against Barry being scum, and odds are against scum rallying to save scum against your one vote. You've acknowledged several times that it's not a great case, just recently seeming to acknowledge that it's been better at providing reaction info, and have been banging the drumbeat steadily that the info you find so suspicious is the people "rushing to Barry's defense". By this point you've built a better case against me or Crusher, and you seem to believe in it more, than your case against Barry.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

Nudge

Nudge

Nudge

Nudge

By this point, I don't see why your logic hasn't moved you on to the "defenders" who you find so suspicious, rather than Barry who you extrapolated a breadcrumbed claim from out of an AI generated post. Like you said, odds are against Barry being scum, and odds are against scum rallying to save scum against your one vote. You've acknowledged several times that it's not a great case, just recently seeming to acknowledge that it's been better at providing reaction info, and have been banging the drumbeat steadily that the info you find so suspicious is the people "rushing to Barry's defense". By this point you've built a better case against me or Crusher, and you seem to believe in it more, than your case against Barry.

The information cone widens as the game goes on, my friend.

15 hours ago, jgb said:

1. He opted out of D1.

2. I interpret his post as an obvious flag planted to support a claim of cop later.

3. I don’t believe a townie — especially not a townie cop — would do either.

It’s not DNA evidence but this is D1 and a heck of a lot stronger than the Random Voting Stage votes thus far. 

Where did you play mafia before?  No way you're new and use terms like RVS and FOS, no matter how many times you read a wiki.

14 hours ago, The Crusher said:

JGB likely drew scum this game.

I'm in agreement, he went for low hanging fruit D1.

Vote: jgb

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I once went down on a lawyer at a Dave Mathews concert. He gave me Molly and choked me a little, like my daddy used to.

This could possibly be the best post restriction ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Verbal said:

Where did you play mafia before?  No way you're new and use terms like RVS and FOS, no matter how many times you read a wiki.

This again? I just played with you last week…

32 minutes ago, Verbal said:

I'm in agreement, he went for low hanging fruit D1.

Vote: jgb

I’m going for the low hanging fruit?

Steve Harvey Wow GIF by NBC

4 minutes ago, Verbal said:

In light of Barry's explanation for his post, do you still feel it's the best D1 case thus far?

It changes things if you believe that Barry cut and pasted it without reading it because a seasoned mafia player would probably see it might be interpreted as bread crumbing.

D1 cases are inherently weak but let’s see what else comes out.

Kgb seems more like new townie going nuts than scum. I would assume as some point his scum team would have told him up stfu.

New Town does have a tendency to hyper focus on small and irrelevant information.

I saw we roll a d20 and lunch whoever it lands on.

• Haha 1

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (5) - Crusher, Jvill, Verbal, Peen, JiF

Pac (2) - BG, Leelou

Hess (2) - Beaver, Hess

Smash (1) - Stark

Arsis (1) - Drums

Drums (1) - Stark

Hal (1) - Ballin

JVOR (1) - AVM

AVM (1) - JVOR

Barry (1) - jgb

Verbal (1) - Arsis

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Dancing GIF

omg you guys, I just found this video of @CTM dancing at the phish show, on my phone 

And look there's no band like as if he really was at a phish concert

2 hours ago, Stark said:

more funny/ridiculous considering we still have people yet to cast even 1 vote

like this guy

UNVOTE

VOTE SMASH

Oh yeah Stark blow it out your ass and GFY That goes for all of you turds

Vote Stark

• Haha 4

Official Day 1 Vote Count

Jgb (5) - Crusher, Jvill, Verbal, Peen, JiF

Pac (2) - BG, Leelou

Hess (2) - Beaver, Hess

Stark (1) - Smash

Smash (1) - Stark

Arsis (1) - Drums

Hal (1) - Ballin

JVOR (1) - AVM

AVM (1) - JVOR

Barry (1) - jgb

Verbal (1) - Arsis

Not Voting (5) - Hal, Ape, Pac, Lurker, Barry

With 22 players alive it takes 12 votes to lynch.