Kellen Moore “parting ways” with Dallas

31 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This is gonna be some year for this team. Nothing feels right.. Ugh.

This is what happens when the GM and HC believe (or know) they are fighting for their jobs based on the results of the upcoming season.  It lead to bad decisions made with one year in mind.   Lafleur is made the scapegoat rather than keeping him to learn on the job, rushed hires are made rather than waiting for the right guy, and the team ends up making some desperate unbalanced trade or desperate overpay of a free agent or plays a washed up vet over a young player because the word is out that a QB is needed for a one year run at the playoffs.  See Boomer Esiason,  Neil O'Donnell, Cade McNown, Favre, Fitz and now Rodgers incoming.  This will be a bad year indeed with a 6-8 win season and at this time next year the Jets will be starting over again with a new GM, new coach, and no draft picks or cap space to rebuild in 2024.  This is Kotite, Ryan in 2013-14, Bowles in 2017-18 and Gase in 2020.  We are screwed.  I hope I'm wrong, but the decisions that are being made will make drafting Wilson in 2021 look like a paper cut.  

• Upvote 2

I'm no fan of Hackett, it is what it is, but now people are drooling over moore because....? I'm not sure I get it, he had a pretty good situation with dak and didn't win it with him.

He joined the staff in dallas as qb coach in 2018, 2 years after dak was on the team. So they didn't come in together and grow together. 

Sure, he had more experience than lafleur but at least Hackett had bortles looking somewhat competent during a conference title game run with the jags and was the OC during back to back rodgers MVP years.  Dak's claim to fame is putting up nice regular season stats and throwing up on himself when it counts.

I don't think there were very many "sexy" names available and who would have wanted to come here with lame duck coach and management and no qb on the roster.  Moore couldn't win it with dak, who by all accounts is pretty good, he has no experience developing a QB (like hackett) but also has nothing on his resume that jumps out at you, unlike hackett.  And he just got fired for the same job you want to hire him for, whereas hackett stunk as a HC, but is hired to be OC where his resume shows he's had some semblance of success.

• Upvote 2

First World Problems ...

Promoted to OC in 2019, Moore's offense saw progressive improvement in each season before it ranked first in the league in total yards per game points per game in 2021. The Cowboys saw a slight regress in 2022, ranking 11th in the NFL with 354.9 YPG and fourth in scoring with 27.5 PPG

Have the Jets ever had offensive numbers even close to this? :D 

Let’s complain about Hackett this time next year. Jets offense can only get better, add some OL pieces, another receiver and we will be fine. QB play can’t be worse.
That last line.. no matter how many times I see it... so crazy to think that we truly do have the worst qb situation in the league... and for so long

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, jamesr said:

First World Problems ...

Have the Jets ever had offensive numbers even close to this? :D 

HAHA doesn't seem like it, but Moore also had Dak, Lamb, Gallup, Shultz, Zeke.... Moore on the jets with no qb doesn't put up those coaching stats.

6 minutes ago, usanyj said:

HAHA doesn't seem like it, but Moore also had Dak, Lamb, Gallup, Shultz, Zeke.... Moore on the jets with no qb doesn't put up those coaching stats.

Agree, but I can't help feeling like Moore has paid the price for Dak's shortcomings more than he has been responsible for them. 

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Man wish we had waited. Idk why we felt rushed to nab Hackett with the best teams in the league still playing.

Youre not getting an experienced OC off either of the teams left.  

So youd prefer which assistant over a guy that has been a successful OC in several places?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Youre not getting an experienced OC off either of the teams left.  

So youd prefer which assistant over a guy that has been a successful OC in several places?

I would have taken Kellen Moore over Hackett but he realistically wouldn't choose here with the options he'd have. Our hot seat year completely changes the dynamic.

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

I would have taken Kellen Moore over Hackett but he realistically wouldn't choose here with the options he'd have. Our hot seat year completely changes the dynamic.

Not sure what elevates Kellen Moore over Hackett other than his name isn’t Hackett, but as you say he might have better options.   The perception that Saleh and Douglas are on thin ice, and lack of QB really hurt.   It’s been reported that Hackett didn’t want to interview either.   If we end up with Rodgers, and that’s looking more likely by the day, Hackett will be the better choice.  If we don’t get a QB, it probably doesn’t matter.   That said, Hackett has spent more time developing young QBs then Moore.

4 minutes ago, Bowles Movement said:

Not sure what elevates Kellen Moore over Hackett other than his name isn’t Hackett, but as you say he might have better options.   The perception that Saleh and Douglas are on thin ice, and lack of QB really hurt.   It’s been reported that Hackett didn’t want to interview either.   If we end up with Rodgers, and that’s looking more likely by the day, Hackett will be the better choice.  If we don’t get a QB, it probably doesn’t matter.   That said, Hackett has spent more time developing young QBs then Moore.

100%, you get Rodgers there is no issue with Hackett. I liked the Cowboys offense and the development of Cooper Rush. I think he's going to do well with Herbert if he accepts that OC job.