Q Tweet

LockeJET

9 hours ago, Corn said:

Honesty Honesty It's no longer a quality.

Integrity Integrity Q should have lied his teeth off.

Honesty:  Really dumb comment.

Integrity and honesty:   Were both members of the Jet nation community.  I respect your opinion.  I know the ownership is looking to improve the over all intelligence of the community and I don't need to point out your dumb comment. 

• Ugh 1

12 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yea, this.

Jets franchise is owned by a spineless weasel. It need guys with a big sack in the building, but I’m sure fans will turn themselves inside out with outrage because he tweeted a thing.

How many of these fans are also guys who bitch about “woke” and “outrage”.

Might be time to lay off the sauce….

• Haha 2

Saleh is a young coach and hopefully he will dig into some of this nonsense and get it straightened out.  Can't stop these young guys from expressing themselves on social media but if you take them aside and explain how their comments adversely impact what they are trying to accomplish as a team it will hopefully sink in at least a bit.  I also think the CS, FO, and owner repeatedly talking about how the defense was "championship caliber" sowed the seeds of division between the units while also giving the defense an inflated sense of themselves.  I would prefer a CS that says "statistically we are near the top of the league in some important areas but when we've had a chance to close out some key games with a stop we came up short.  That's an area we really need to focus on moving forward if we want to consider ourselves one of the best."     

19 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The defense was responsible for bad play the last 6 games as well.   No turnovers, and some brain dead plays such as vs detroit to cause loses.

The jets have a big problem character wise.  Everyone beaking off about some of the team.

Oh and also, the jets had the last rated defense like one year ago so someone needs to shut his pie hole.

The lack of turnovers had a ton to with teams going ultra conservative against us. They knew they could win games by not risking it. Teams came in knowing that 17 points would likely win the game. It’s a reason that I personally think the defense may not be as good as advertised. Nobody needed to go and try to win games vs us, they just had to play to not lose.

18 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Perhaps Bosa was double teamed all game, and Q was concerned that Bosa would take offense to Q pointing out Bosa’s lack of production in the game. Hence Q telling Bosa “no offense”, to which Bosa would hopefully reply “none taken”. At least that’s what I’d tell my teammates and coaches if I was Q.

Maybe he meant that he hates philly fans. The way they busted bosas chops in the lot

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

The lack of turnovers had a ton to with teams going ultra conservative against us. They knew they could win games by not risking it. Teams came in knowing that 17 points would likely win the game. It’s a reason that I personally think the defense may not be as good as advertised. Nobody needed to go and try to win games vs us, they just had to play to not lose.

No, good defense generates turnovers.  The same lame excuses for defense we have head for years.  Blaming the offense for not generating turnovers is a joke.  1 fumble recovery in the last 6 games meanwhile brock purdy is looking like a hero because the niners had like 20 tunrovers in his 7 game stint.

On 1/29/2023 at 9:16 PM, Zachtomims47 said:

Accurate statement.

But no reason to tweet it. But also not a huge deal. 

Pretty much. 

Just relax. 

100% accurate statement. Relevant to the Niners game. Everyone in the building knows this. JD is already on it. If you are insulted by this you are either in la la land or you need to step up your game. 

Was it necessary to tweet this? No. But its literally not necessary to 'tweet' anything- like ever. 

To people saying 'he's entitled. just shut up and play' - no YOU shut up. Players can express themselves if they want to. They are human beings. He will take the repercussions of his words- newsflash, there will be none, he is the best player on the team. Also, what type of s**t is that to say? GTFO.   

To people saying- 'well, the defense gave up a bunch of plays and played poorly down the stretch- leading to losses'.

Really? The Defense was NOT the problem down the stretch. The Defense gave up 9 TDs in their last 6 games. Some against very good offenses (Lions, Minn, Sea, Buf). NINE. In 6 games. ALL LOSSES because the Offense couldn't put up any points. If you can't score two TDs a game, you don't deserve to win. Thats not on the defense. Going back to the Bye, the defense gave up 10 TDs in 11 games. Thats even better. So just stop with the narrative that the Defense had anything to do with the massive slide the Jets had down the stretch. Yes, they gave up some big plays and they gave up SOME TDs. But the Jets lost those games because they couldn't score. In that same stretch of 6 games they scored 4 TDs. FOUR! In SIX GAMES!!! Not surprising, ALL LOSSES.  

20 hours ago, Beerfish said:

No, good defense generates turnovers.  The same lame excuses for defense we have head for years.  Blaming the offense for not generating turnovers is a joke.  1 fumble recovery in the last 6 games meanwhile brock purdy is looking like a hero because the niners had like 20 tunrovers in his 7 game stint.

Sure, but not why we lost those games down the stretch,. We lost those games because we couldn't score points. Couldn't get in the endzone. Because we scored an astoundingly PATHETIC 4 TDs in the last 6 games- ALL LOSSES. Turnovers are great but its not something you can EVER rely on. You need to be able to rely on your offense scoring or you will lose in this league.

The defense gave up 9 TDs in the last 6 games. Thats less than two TDs a game against some very good offenses. Its more than enough to win and get us in the playoffs had the offense been able to produce. 

To suggest that last seasons collapse/poor play down the stretch somehow is due to the defenses lack of turnovers is such a stretch its mindboggling. Yes, great defenses force turnovers. And? Like bro, Q is still 100%, we missed the playoffs last year because of our pathetic offense. Did you not watch the games? The numbers are right there to help you.