Is Aaron Rodgers to the Jets Really Happening?

JetNation

6 hours ago, Trotter said:

My PSL is going to be worth a fortune - where is SAR1?

Here’s my “Hot Take” on the situation!

How is it that Season ticket packages and single game ticket prices have gone up after another soul crushing season? It’s almost as though Woody knows something that we fans don’t…… But what could it be?

Rodgers needs to be signed so as to justify the price hike…. It’s the only thing I can think of to explain this lunacy.

AR will be on a 2 yr. deal, so Woody must maximize his earnings even before the signing. That’s why the cheaper end zone seats are not being sold at this time.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

5 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Here’s my “Hot Take” on the situation!How is it that Season ticket packages and single game ticket prices have gone up after another soul crushing season? It’s almost as though Woody knows something that we fans don’t…… But what could it be?

Rodgers needs to be signed so as to justify the price hike…. It’s the only thing I can think of to explain this lunacy.

AR will be on a 2 yr. deal, so Woody must maximize his earnings even before the signing. That’s why the cheaper end zone seats are not being sold at this time.

conspiracy-theory.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Personally, I'd rather just deal for Rodgers than take on Bakhtiari too....OMG, has everyone seen his contract?  and he's not been available for a lot of the past couple of seasons.

Rodgers I understand....but if the 'extra' is Bakhtiari to make a Rodgers deal work for GB, just feel they're  trying at this point to unload more problem contracts.

Bakhtiari would probably require a definite contract 're-work'...basically, the GBP have already paid him his 'guaranteed' $ of $68 million over the past 3 yrs but his contract calls for him to be paid another $17 million+ for next yr and the option for 2024 is like $21 mill lol.  He tore his ACL in late 2020, didn't play much at all in 2021 and played like half of 2022 due to rehab and then an appendectomy at the end of the season.

Maybe he'd restructure to get more guaranteed $ but lower his yearly cap cost?  He'd certainly have to if he stayed in GB, so maybe?

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Zachtomims47 said:

If we traded 2 first round picks for two 31 yr old players - i'd be pretty pissed. Not gonna lie. 

Ditto. Trading two or more first round picks for a broken down LT who has missed half the games in the past three seasons and a 39 year old QB who is declining and doesn't seem like he wants to play any more is not exciting me, but gets me angry.

Bakhtiari is not the type of player this team needs after the OL injuries the past two seasons.  And Rodgers is just not worth the picks and the bloated contract.  I would prefer to avoid Bakhtiari completely and trade no more than a second or third for two years of an old Rodgers with a conditional pick in 24 based on a SB win.  Otherwise, keep the picks and go for a veteran free agent QB like Carr or Garappolo.  

• Upvote 1

It’d be pretty wild if Douglas has to sign Rodgers and Bakhtiari, which effectively flushes the Zach Wilson and Becton picks right down the toilet. At some point, Woody’s gonna wonder where all the money went, no? 
Have you heard news regarding Bakhtiari ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’d be pretty wild if Douglas has to sign Rodgers and Bakhtiari, which effectively flushes the Zach Wilson and Becton picks right down the toilet. At some point, Woody’s gonna wonder where all the money went, no? 

Winning cures all ills. If Douglas pulls this off and Jets legitimately compete for the AFC title and possibly the Lombardi then no he won’t. But if once again the team crumbles at the  end of the year like a muffin with no eggs in the batter? He will rage  fire everyone and hits the first  name that pops in up when he ask Siri,” Who can I call now to fix this mess?” 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bruh

your avi has me dying laughing this am Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Studios 2016

• Haha 1

Winning cures all ills. If Douglas pulls this off and Jets legitimately compete for the AFC title and possibly the Lombardi then no he won’t. But if once again the team crumbles at the  end of the year like a muffin with no eggs in the batter? He will rage  fire everyone and hits the first  name that pops in up when he ask Siri,” Who can I call now to fix this mess?” 
...113088951e5874d9cf7912d8aab8c95d.gif

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Woody needs to flush it all down the toilet anyways. Then use some ******* Toilet Duck to sanitize the sh*t stains of this regime. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Personally, I'd rather just deal for Rodgers than take on Bakhtiari too....OMG, has everyone seen his contract?  and he's not been available for a lot of the past couple of seasons.

Rodgers I understand....but if the 'extra' is Bakhtiari to make a Rodgers deal work for GB, just feel they're  trying at this point to unload more problem contracts.

Bakhtiari would probably require a definite contract 're-work'...basically, the GBP have already paid him his 'guaranteed' $ of $68 million over the past 3 yrs but his contract calls for him to be paid another $17 million+ for next yr and the option for 2024 is like $21 mill lol.  He tore his ACL in late 2020, didn't play much at all in 2021 and played like half of 2022 due to rehab and then an appendectomy at the end of the season.

Maybe he'd restructure to get more guaranteed $ but lower his yearly cap cost?  He'd certainly have to if he stayed in GB, so maybe?

If traded Bakhitiari could rework his deal but it honestly isn't that bad once traded:

2023 - $16m

2024 - $20m

His cap hits look more aggressive than what he is actually getting paid in a trade.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Have you heard news regarding Bakhtiari ?

@Mogglez was saying that the deal would be more than just Rodgers, and it would be expensive. Bakhtiari has a $28 mil cap number next year and the Packers aren’t going to extend him because he’s 32 and breaking down. Rodgers also told McAfee that he wants “his guys” signed in order for him to return, and Bakhtiari is his best friend on the team. 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

@Mogglez was saying that the deal would be more than just Rodgers, and it would be expensive. Bakhtiari has a $28 mil cap number next year and the Packers aren’t going to extend him because he’s 32 and breaking down. Rodgers also told McAfee that he wants “his guys” signed in order for him to return, and Bakhtiari is his best friend on the team. 

the hell is that pfp you got there

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I just want to clarify that I said “could be” lol.  The line of thinking that it ends up being a win for everyone if David is involved as well, it’s not guaranteed that this is the final package.

A lot of moving parts, as you could imagine.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don't think Becton will be here beyond the 2023 season. It'll take a truly remarkable year out of him for the Jets to commit long-term, and even then he'd probably be franchise tagged. I don't think the Jets will feel much remorse if he's upset about playing RT next year.

As much as Bakhtiari has dealt with injury, he's elite when healthy (0 sacks in 11 starts in 2022) and will be 32 years old week 1. You should get two 2 years out of him, possibly more. Injury history is not ideal when you consider what we've gone through, but the Jets want to make a blue-chip investment at T and go into next season with "4 starting-caliber tackles" on the roster. My guess is it will be Becton, Mitchell, a rookie (possibly a T/G), and a veteran. Acquiring Bakhtiari in a trade with Rodgers would kill two birds with one stone and a huge boost IMO. Packers want to re-sign Jenkins and I'm sure some in that organization feel he can thrive at LT if they gave him that job full-time, which probably plays into this some as well. 

As far as Zach, I've been pretty vocal about how they're handling it. Jets want to see how he responds this year. There's a long and detailed plan for him that I won't elaborate on right now (happy to share with those interested), but by no means are they flushing him down the drain. I wouldn't say they're "banking" on him long-term either, but they feel he has the kind of talent and work ethic to be an elite QB and they would rather see if it can be with them than someone else... if he ends up sitting for 1-2 years, regains the starting job and were to play at a high level for the next 10 years, whose to say they gave up on him? If they determine he can't be any more than a low-end starter, they will move on and find someone else If they're unsure, they'll probably go year-to-year and see how he plays as a starter while hedging their bet with another young QB. Have to remember: if Douglas and Saleh build a legitimate contender this year and next, they're going to boost their own credibility and will have longer leashes to do as they please.

• Upvote 4