Feels like the wheels are coming off

Phillyjet

Even with a bandaid solution with Aaron Rodgers or Derek Care, it's increasingly looking like we'll be cleaning house next year.  Witness:

1) Given our cap situation, how do you retain Q and sign Carr/Rodgers/Garropollo. 

2) Assuming the above happens, What scraps are left to rebuild the oline and replace departing FA's (e.g. Quincy Williams) on D?  And oh yeah, we might be down a draft pick or two.

3) Some modicum of continuity seemed possible by retaining MLF and bringing in a QB/passing game coordinator.  Fast forward a week or two, MLF is hired by McVay, who knows nothing about offense, and we are left with Nathaniel Hackett coming in off an atrocious season with Russell Wilson.  And that team did not lack talent.  Heck, we still don't have a passing game/WR coach, or that senior assistant.

4) Saleh seems like he is increasingly feeding us BS.  Witness the Hackett press conference.  I for one thinking he was spotting MLF a favor, and will be going west in a year.

5) Witness Q's stupid tweet.  

6) Breece will be back, but think we won't see his best, barring another injury, until 2024.  Similar to Saquon.  As a shift runner, would be surprised we see full explosiveness 10 months post injury.  

7) The oline sucks, no offense to AVT who is awesome.  I even think Becton will be better (contract year).  But no center, maybe we got Mitchell on the right side, and we'll see if Laken decides to show up this year.  Oh, and no depth at all.

8. We were relatively injury free on defense this year, particularly at CB.  Not sure we can assume that would be the case next year.

9.  The front office is getting leaky again.  Whatever you think of Tony Pauline, he wasn't making sh*t up.  Someone's gabbing. Usually precedes a clean-out. 

Which leaves us with a very slim margin for error.  If the losing starts, it will go downhill quickly. 

All this makes me sense that we are in one of those rinse/repeat cycles where we'll be cleaning house next year.  Harbaugh?  Payton?  Who you got?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 13
  • WTF? 4
  • Post of the Week 2
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 4
  • Haha 1

Too many missed picks. No one has stuck really via FA. Most notably Tomlinson and Davis being busts. No quarterback obviously. Rodgers isn’t coming here. Oline is a mess. Best player coming off of ACL. This was the off-season to reset again. Now you have Douglas in desperation mode.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Even with a bandaid solution with Aaron Rodgers or Derek Care, it's increasingly looking like we'll be cleaning house next year.  Witness:

1) Given our cap situation, how do you retain Q and sign Carr/Rodgers/Garropollo. 

2) Assuming the above happens, What scraps are left to rebuild the oline and replace departing FA's (e.g. Quincy Williams) on D?  And oh yeah, we might be down a draft pick or two.

3) Some modicum of continuity seemed possible by retaining MLF and bringing in a QB/passing game coordinator.  Fast forward a week or two, MLF is hired by McVay, who knows nothing about offense, and we are left with Nathaniel Hackett coming in off an atrocious season with Russell Wilson.  And that team did not lack talent.  Heck, we still don't have a passing game/WR coach, or that senior assistant.

4) Saleh seems like he is increasingly feeding us BS.  Witness the Hackett press conference.  I for one thinking he was spotting MLF a favor, and will be going west in a year.

6) Breece will be back, but think we won't see his best, barring another injury, until 2024.  Similar to Saquon.  As a shift runner, would be surprised we see full explosiveness 10 months post injury.  

7) The oline sucks, no offense to AVT who is awesome.  I even think Becton will be better (contract year).  But no center, maybe we got Mitchell on the right side, and we'll see if Laken decides to show up this year.  Oh, and no depth at all.

8. We were relatively injury free on defense this year, particularly at CB.  Not sure we can assume that would be the case next year.

9.  The front office is getting leaky again.  Whatever you think of Tony Pauline, he wasn't making sh*t up.  Someone's gabbing. Usually precedes a clean-out. 

Which leaves us with a very slim margin for error.  If the losing starts, it will go downhill quickly. 

All this makes me sense that we are in one of those rinse/repeat cycles where we'll be cleaning house next year.  Harbaugh?  Payton?  Who you got?

I am in 100 percent agreement. The entire organization wants to point the finger at Zach Wilson in spite of the fact that all of them had a hand in picking him. 

Why?

Because they are selling the notion that they are a good QB away from being contenders. I don’t see it, for a lot of the points you bring up. 

The defense is very overrated. It’s not a bad defense, but it’s not as good as everyone is saying. As you mentioned everyone stayed healthy. That won’t happen next year. 

The right move was to clean house and let a new regime come in with a long-term plan to keep building this roster up. I fear instead Douglas and Saleh will light gasoline on the fire in a last ditch effort to save their jobs. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 2

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Too many missed picks. No one has stuck really via FA. Most notably Tomlinson and Davis being busts. No quarterback obviously. Rodgers isn’t coming here. Oline is a mess. Best player coming off of ACL. This was the off-season to reset again. Now you have Douglas in desperation mode.

You know we all say Douglas and Saleh are in desperation mode, but I think Woody is right there with them. He’s approaching 80 years old. I doubt he wants to do any more resets after coming up snake eyes so many times. Woody is 100 percent ready to mortgage the next five years for a push to the playoffs. I don’t think even Aaron Rodgers could get this team over the top. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JetsAddict said:

The defense is very overrated. It’s not a bad defense, but it’s not as good as everyone is saying. As you mentioned everyone stayed healthy. That won’t happen next year. 

The right move was to clean house and let a new regime come in with a long-term plan to keep building this roster up. I fear instead Douglas and Saleh will light gasoline on the fire in a last ditch effort to save their jobs. 

Toss up of which is worse.  Clean house?  What kind of plan is that. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Scared Horror GIF

• Upvote 1

I agree in the sense that if they strike out on Rodgers, Carr and even Garropolo, things will get ugly fast. Signing Brissett or Minshew won’t be enough to win games and save their jobs. Bringing back Zach and MW only is basically career suicide. A lot hinges on fixing QB, and then making OL at least sturdy enough to be average during the season. 

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

When All this makes me sense that we are in one of those rinse/repeat cycles where we'll be cleaning house next year.  Harbaugh?  Payton?  Who you got?

When was this team ever stable ?

38 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

i am not reading this crap considering if we get rodgers we prob win 12 games next year.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1