Who are the 4 most beloved former Jets of all time?

Most beloved:

Joe Klecko (because I've met him a few times and he's always been a class act and never a diva)

Bruce Harper (again met him and his family, he's a riot, very funny, photobombed me and Klecko and his daughter is a sweetheart)

Joe Namath (because he essentially catapulted the NFL into super-fame single-handedly, and won a SB)

Nick Mangold (Super nice guy, tons of personality, doesn't take himself too seriously)

Honorable mentions:

Chrebet (played against him in HS)

Wesley Walker (genuinely good person, amazing WR blind in one eye and still rarely dropped a ball)

Curtis Martin (monster work ethic, humble, came from a horrible background and played his way into the record books)

Al Toon (Tooooooooon! was the mantra of the 80's Jets)

Mark Gastineau (Yeah, that's right.  He had his demons, but he was electrifying on the field, and recently has shown he's a good man with an appreciation for the Jets and their fans--he struggled to sign a Jersey for my daughter, but took his time and worked it out, not skimping on the signature--it was difficult, but he showed me something of his humanity and decency.)

D'Brick (Ironman career Jet at Left Tackle.  You couldn't ask for more from a player)

Mart Lyons

Jericho Cotchery

Bilal Powell

Mickey Schuler

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Namath - let me try on his super bowl ring

Curtis - second favorite Jet ever, I got to tell him that and he was ok with being runner up to JW lol

Klecko - beast at 3 positions

Toon - probably could have been a HOFer if O'Brien didn't shorten his career over the middle 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Most beloved:

Joe Klecko (because I've met him a few times and he's always been a class act and never a diva)

Bruce Harper (again met him and his family, he's a riot, very funny, photobombed me and Klecko and his daughter is a sweetheart)

Joe Namath (because he essentially catapulted the NFL into super-fame single-handedly, and won a SB)

Nick Mangold (Super nice guy, tons of personality, doesn't take himself too seriously)

Honorable mentions:

Chrebet (played against him in HS)

Wesley Walker (genuinely good person, amazing WR blind in one eye and still rarely dropped a ball)

Curtis Martin (monster work ethic, humble, came from a horrible background and played his way into the record books)

Al Toon (Tooooooooon! was the mantra of the 80's Jets)

Mark Gastineau (Yeah, that's right.  He had his demons, but he was electrifying on the field, and recently has shown he's a good man with an appreciation for the Jets and their fans--he struggled to sign a Jersey for my daughter, but took his time and worked it out, not skimping on the signature--it was difficult, but he showed me something of his humanity and decency.)

D'Brick (Ironman career Jet at Left Tackle.  You couldn't ask for more from a player)

Mart Lyons

Jericho Cotchery

Bilal Powell

Mickey Schuler

Great honorable mentions

I own 2 #12's, a #60, a #73 and a throw back #89.

Some love for McNeil and Emerson Boozer.

5 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

go on…….

Very cool guy, he was at a charity function at my office we bs'd a while. I told him my first live game was Chiefs playoff loss and we talked about that game like it was yesterday. Then he said would you like to try on the Super Bowl ring...I had to put it on my pinky but I'll never forget, got a nice picture of the two of us with me wearing the ring 

• Post of the Week 2

9 hours ago, THE BARON said:

Dunno what the public Says, but my personal fave not in any particular order. Also... Has a lot to do with the person and not just the player.  That's why Gastineau aint on my list. 

Mary Lyons

Freeman McNeil

Joe Namath

Wesley Walker

Mangold

Mo Lewis

Bart Scott

Jim Leonhard

Sanchez

Brandon Moore 

Mickey Schuler

Bruce Harper

Dan Alexander

Coles

Chrebet

Faneca

Sauce

Salaam

Buttle

Mehl

Bobby Jackosn

Darrol Ray

others...

Burgess owens? Ralph baker? Stan blinks? Aaron Glenn? Kyle Clifton? Winston hill? Dave Herman, randy Rasmussen, 

• Upvote 3

On 1/30/2023 at 7:21 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

Which 4 players make up the Jets fans Mt. Rushmore of most widely loved and admired former players?  Not the best, but the ones most fans just really like?

1. Joe Namath
  2. Wayne Chrebet
  3. Joe Klecko
  4. Curtis Martin

Is that the Top 4?

pretty good list, namath and klecko are before my time, but I always loved martin and chrebet. I dont know why but chrebet was my fav player. I like penny when he was hear, I liked J thomas, I like bart scott. but i think both those guys were another teams start. Hell martin was too i guess,

So I think chrebet Namath are pretty good picks.

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:47 AM, THE BARON said:

Dunno what the public Says, but my personal fave not in any particular order. Also... Has a lot to do with the person and not just the player.  That's why Gastineau aint on my list. 

Mary Lyons

Freeman McNeil

Joe Namath

Wesley Walker

Mangold

Mo Lewis

Bart Scott

Jim Leonhard

Sanchez

Brandon Moore 

Mickey Schuler

Bruce Harper

Dan Alexander

Coles

Chrebet

Faneca

Sauce

Salaam

Buttle

Mehl

Bobby Jackosn

Darrol Ray

others...

0E8B556F-57CE-4F10-AF45-619135C6D8B9.jpeg

478CC3A3-EDDC-4CA7-B0EE-1D036173BE4F.jpeg

788FE943-0F52-4132-B1C0-B6CF9BC4F261.jpeg

2 hours ago, Greensleeves said:

Namath, Chrebet, Klecko, Mangold  (would say Toon but his career was cut short)

I wish I coudl have seen the sack exchange play. I think I looke at the number and didnt think they were all that good must be reletive to the time.  By all the love i imagine thyey must have effected every down.

On 1/30/2023 at 12:57 PM, The Crusher said:

HAHA, it's hysterical how people on this board don't realize it's ok to love a player they don't!  Im older so..

Namath- childhood idol

Klecko- loved that era and his toughness and versatility 

Chrebet- the boys favorite player as they grew up, at one time we owned like 5-6 Chrebet jerseys, so nothing but love for the guy

Sauce- I know, I know, but I already know one day i will love him most. So shut up!

Klecko was a great player and before he went nutso, Gastineau pretty unblockable aslo.

• Upvote 1

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Winston Hill should get more love.  Marvin Powell too.  I think Randy Rasmussen was a starting guard from my birth until I was aged 32.

AH, a former O'lineman LOL.

They were great Jets, Joe Fields, Schmidt, Sweeny, Jets had a lot of fine centers over the years too.

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2023 at 11:24 AM, JiFields said:

D3AD5763-F03F-4D61-B45F-B83DA69BC624.thumb.jpeg.38f11e914c3e2525d10cd942daa3a3aa.jpeg

On 1/30/2023 at 1:20 PM, undertow said:

One of my old GFs sister taught with Walker in Brentwood or something I forget....really nice guy also big time partier and milf hunter.

#85 stopping by 16B tailgate. Might be 2005.

WesleyWalker4.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2