Simmons: I have intel Rodgers going to Jets

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Were you their marriage counselor? Do you know giselle? From what possible perspective are you able to say she was the best thing in his life. And he certainly does not need her money to make ends meet.  It sounds like you've got a personal beef with Mr. Brady. 

Yes, because I was being very very serious with my post. Not at all making a joke towards an incredibly rich and successful guy who was part of the reason the sports team that I recreationally root for has been terrible in division. Definitely not. You seem fun. You must be popular at the local Stop & Shop.

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Seems like they already got some QB's.

It'll be interesting to see if Trey Lance, who was supposed to be their future franchise quarterback, gets the starting job next season. Lance could be the 49ers version of Zach Wilson, but worse because they gave up a ton of draft capital to move up and select him No. 3 overall. Brock Purdy was a nice story, but his ceiling at best is game manager, not the next Tom Brady. They got lots of quarterbacks, but none of them is a sure thing starter next season. Jimmy Garoppolo is gone. I know damn well Tom Brady is licking his chops at going to San Francisco to finish his career with an 8th Super Bowl ring, on the team he grew up rooting for as a kid. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

It'll be interesting to see if Trey Lance, who was supposed to be their future franchise quarterback, gets the starting job next season. Lance could be the 49ers version of Zach Wilson, but worse because they gave up a ton of draft capital to move up and select him No. 3 overall. Brock Purdy was a nice story, but his ceiling at best is game manager, not the next Tom Brady. They got lots of quarterbacks, but none of them is a sure thing starter next season. Jimmy Garoppolo is gone. I know damn well Tom Brady is licking his chops at going to San Francisco to finish his career with an 8th Super Bowl ring, on the team he grew up rooting for as a kid. 

They gave up picks and took him 3rd, that makes Lance their Sam Darnold, not Zach Wilson. 

I know it’s not easy trying to keep track of our QB busts, but that one was easy.

• Post of the Week 3

Rogers > Brady, and makes sense short term, but Brady would be the better pick long term. Lets look:

IF (and this is a BIG if) Woody/JoeD/Saleh see Zack Wilson as our future (after sitting a year or two behind a true QB who's willing to teach him)

IF The Gronk comes out of retirement to play one last season with Brady

IF Zack Wilson moves in with Tommy for the season, and learns as much as humanly possible about becoming a FQB

IF, unlike Aaron 'gtf away from me' Rogers, Brady takes ZW under his wing and teaches him all he can  

IF JoeD uses those two first round picks he'd save by hiring Brady instead of Rogers and selects all-pro type players that he'd keep on rookie deals when he's forced to move on from Quinnen/Becton/AVT/Sauce/Garrett/Breece (pick 2)

THEN Tommy may be the better choice.

But tbh, any high priced QB brought into a young roster that's been built assuming we have no high priced QB would/could be disastrous to our squad long term. If ZW on his rookie deal had panned out, our roster would be the envy of the NFL....super young, super talented, a handful of high priced but excellent FAs (think DJ Reed types). We'd be set for at least 3 full seasons. But once you carve out $50M/yr from a young team that's already cap-starved, things will never be the same.

• WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1

32 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

It sure would be interesting to see what Rodgers could do on a team with Sauce, Wilson, Moore, Hall, and AVT on rookie contracts.

If his finger is fine, and he doesn't fall off completely, he would be amazing here. Lights out we would be contenders. Please do not quote me in case he doesn't come here, so I can talk sh*t about how bad he sucks and how washed he is. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, usanyj said:

You've been saying Jimmy G a lot lately from what I have been reading. My guess is Saleh and JD don't want to hitch their wagon and their employment to a guy who has been healthy once in his career, thus forcing them to play Zach and watch him throw dirt balls on screen passes as other people walk into their offices to measure the drapes.

It has to be Rodgers, Carr, or Lamar... Anyone else and they are looking for jobs at this time next year is my guess.

Oo I completely agree, just a gut feeling. I'm really hoping for Rodgers or Carr, Jimmy G is the consolation prize. 

• Upvote 1

Trading for Rodgers is idiotic on so many many levels. It is much different than the Favre situation. 

Favre LOVED football. If his body had stayed in tact he would have played till he was 50.

Rodgers is very good at football. It has never ever seemed like he loves football and he is already half retired.

If we are dumb enough to trade for him, I would put it at 50/50 he actually ever starts a game. First whiff of something he does not like and he is out. And good luck seeing him until the first day of training camp.

NY Jets -repeating the same mistakes over and over and over and over.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Were you their marriage counselor? Do you know giselle? From what possible perspective are you able to say she was the best thing in his life. And he certainly does not need her money to make ends meet.  It sounds like you've got a personal beef with Mr. Brady. 

If you are a Jets fan and you don't have a personal beef with Brady, something is off.  I have never disliked an NFL player more. Nobody else is even close.  I'd root for Ben Davidson and Dan Marino before I'd pull for Brady to have one successful play.   

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

It's a long way from Carr/Rodgers but I think we are a top team with a healthy Jimmy G, his health is the big Q.

17 minutes ago, Gangrene said:

image.thumb.jpeg.5bfaae08eda60a3dda03e7a48d85744e.jpeg

Such a crazy trip ahead...

Man this is going to be epic! Lmfao

JD bring this man to ny ASAP 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Trading for Rodgers is idiotic on so many many levels. It is much different than the Favre situation. 

Favre LOVED football. If his body had stayed in tact he would have played till he was 50.

Rodgers is very good at football. It has never ever seemed like he loves football and he is already half retired.

If we are dumb enough to trade for him, I would put it at 50/50 he actually ever starts a game. First whiff of something he does not like and he is out. And good luck seeing him until the first day of training camp.

NY Jets -repeating the same mistakes over and over and over and over.

Aaron Flacco

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hawk said:

I am holding out hope for Carr.  Younger, and will be sustainable for a few years.  Rodgers is one of the best to ever play, but is wack job and a one year rental.  

I actually prefer the opposite....I don't want to commit to Carr long term would rather go all in with Rodgers for a few years and draft another guy down the road.  Carr and the Jets will be like Cousins and the Vikings...lot's of reagular seasons wins and early outs.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Rodgers to SF isn't happening. GB will not trade him in the conference - doesn't matter if Kyle and Matt are buddies.

Green Bay thinks they are playoff contenders without Rogers and somehow he will come back to haunt them.  Nonsense!  Trade him to the highest bidder, even if that's in the NFC.  He probably has two years left and will be gone.  They shouldn't worry about where he is playing.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Raiders will probably be drafting a kid as well.  It would be one thing to sign Brady to mentor a top-7 pick, but another to trade a couple of 2nds(maybe a 1st) for that guy.  Especially when chances are you won't be competing.  That defense is bleh.  

MAYBE the Panthers will sign Carr but again, they're another team I've seen linked to a kid like Richardson.  They'll still want to bring in a vet if they go that route, but not a $30M+ vet over the course of 5 years or whatever Carr will be looking for.

...and yeah not sure Jimmy signs on to play for a team that's about to draft a kid 2nd overall when he can sign here, compete for a SB right away, and not have to worry about looking over his shoulder.  

I'd honestly be more worried about teams like the Titans and Commanders.  Teams that actually have a reason to go out and bring in an expensive veteran, and teams that would be more appealing to proven QBs than bottom feeders.  That said I think the Jets are a much more attractive destination than a lot of our fans seem to believe.   

Have you seen the Titans cap situation? They are not trading for Aaron Rodgers. No possible way. It’s between us, the Raiders and possibly Washington.