Upper Deck season tickets sales suspended

JETSY14

19 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you (i believe it was you if not someone else) mentioned woody making more money.  he doesn't make more money from secondary sale pricing.

The Jets definetly put their tickets on secondary sites.  The tickets they don't sell as season tickets are put on those sites.  Next time take a look at those sites and you will see rows with up to 16 seats available to purchase together. That's not a fan trying to sell 16 seats  in the 20th row of the upper deck

5 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

The Jets definetly put their tickets on secondary sites.  The tickets they don't sell as season tickets are put on those sites.  Next time take a look at those sites and you will see rows with up to 16 seats available to purchase together. That's not a fan trying to sell 16 seats  in the 20th row of the upper deck

I will look. Interesting.  Bad business. 

my section doesn’t have any of that I think. 

Do they just do this for the crappy seats?  Or the whole stadium. 

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

I gave up my season tickets and opt to purchase tickets on secondary sites whenever I can go. I don't know if it's the whole stadium but I'm sure they aren't going to eat the unsold tickets and let them go to waste.

As stated earlier when we were in the hunt and had the Bills and Patriots in town the tickets on these sites were starting at 150.

I'm assuming they got a taste of this and are hoping the new QB will cause higher demand so they  jack up the price of the tickets. 

This is the only reason I can think of why the Jets wouldn't allow fans to buy season tickets in these sections. My buddy said with the new price increase the tickets range from 60 to 85. I guess the demand for UD tickets are in low demand compared to the Giants who charge a PSL for the same sections in UD. Selling them individually will bring in profits especially if they are competitive like this year.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

I gave up my season tickets and opt to purchase tickets on secondary sites whenever I can go. I don't know if it's the whole stadium but I'm sure they aren't going to eat the unsold tickets and let them go to waste.

As stated earlier when we were in the hunt and had the Bills and Patriots in town the tickets on these sites were starting at 150.

I'm assuming they got a taste of this and are hoping the new QB will cause higher demand so they  jack up the price of the tickets. 

This is the only reason I can think of why the Jets wouldn't allow fans to buy season tickets in these sections. My buddy said with the new price increase the tickets range from 60 to 85. I guess the demand for UD tickets are in low demand compared to the Giants who charge a PSL for the same sections in UD. Selling them individually will bring in profits especially if they are competitive like this year.

Giants have a larger fanbase and playing the Eagles, Redskins and Cowboys every year gives them a leg up with the UD. People will bite the PSL cost to sell to the fans who travel every year on the secondary market.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Giants have a larger fanbase and playing the Eagles, Redskins and Cowboys every year gives them a leg up with the UD. People will bite the PSL cost to sell to the fans who travel every year on the secondary market.

They also win superbowls and get into the playoffs. If the Jets had the same track record the demand would be different

2 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

If we didn’t have row 1 in the mezz section probably would give them up and just buy secondary as well.  It’s much cheaper that way. 

wins causes demand to rise.  We have had much of that. 

9 hours ago, batman10023 said:

you (i believe it was you if not someone else) mentioned woody making more money.  he doesn't make more money from secondary sale pricing.

Yes, he does.  Ticketmaster resells Jets tickets (and all other NFL teams IIRC) and the NFL and teams get a cut on the resale.  Not sure about stubhub. 

3 hours ago, batman10023 said:

The Jets sale thousands of tickets on resale sites. The entire stadium.  Lower level does ok.  Mezz is a trainwreck. More empties there every year. You better believe Rodgers is coming to the Jets.  Thousands have abandoned their STH/PSLs, ticket sales suck and tons of empties for every single game, And a high percentage of no-sales in Mezz clubs.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The Jets sale thousands of tickets on resale sites. The entire stadium.  Lower level does ok.  Mezz is a trainwreck. More empties there every year. You better believe Rodgers is coming to the Jets.  Thousands have abandoned their STH/PSLs, ticket sales suck and tons of empties for every single game, And a high percentage of no-sales in Mezz clubs.

My section in the clubs is relatively full.  

this stadium is too big and the upper deck goal line seats are not that good. 

I don’t see too many of my section on stubhub.  When do they sell them?

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Did u give up tickets?

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

My section in the clubs is relatively full.  

this stadium is too big and the upper deck goal line seats are not that good. 

I don’t see too many of my section on stubhub.  When do they sell them?

They sell them throughout the year.  If it's a low demand game the ticket prices get reduced each day up to the day or two before the game. Many times this year I paid well below face for l.l. or mezz tickets

21 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Maybe they decided already to keep ZW and they are getting ready to cover up the seats with a tarp …..

This made me laugh out loud. Hysterical.

I picture you saying it angry, not laughing.

Somehow that makes it funnier.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Are you calling Giants fans fatties?