Breece Update

Loved that show when it was on back in the day. I'm far too afraid to watch a rerun that'd spoil that fond memory. Too many other great shows I realized actually were so cringe-level bad. Except while the scripts & stunts were laughable, at least in WW reruns Lynda Carter's rack still holds up (pun intended). 
Mission Impossible, Star Trek Original Series, Seinfeld, Sopranos ... All hold up surprisingly well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 1/31/2023 at 1:24 AM, bitonti said:

Acl rehab is notorious in that the cutting comes back last 

Most acl guys can run forward in a straight line no problem 

It's the shifting and the jump cuts that take time 

I tore my ACL in high school (in the 80s) and never had it reattached. I ran 2 marathons years later. You don't need an ACL to run in a straight line.

Of course, when I'd play touch football or pick up hoops without my shin to ass brace, it would usually end with me crumpling to the ground making a pivot or cut. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/3/2023 at 9:56 AM, y2k8 said:

I tore my ACL in high school (in the 80s) and never had it reattached. I ran 2 marathons years later. You don't need an ACL to run in a straight line.

Of course, when I'd play touch football or pick up hoops without my shin to ass brace, it would usually end with me crumpling to the ground making a pivot or cut. 

Been there

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2023 at 10:15 PM, RutgersJetFan said:

ACL is not the injury that it used to be. Hardest part for a lot of guys is coming back mentally and having the confidence to cut on it again.

This is probably naive, but do opposing defenses then target that knee? They wouldn’t, would they? Those bounties one hears about? 

On 1/31/2023 at 1:24 AM, bitonti said:

Acl rehab is notorious in that the cutting comes back last 

Most acl guys can run forward in a straight line no problem 

It's the shifting and the jump cuts that take time 

Hence why AP came back so strong so soon, leading many to believe it's a less impactful injury than it is.  AP was more of a straight ahead / one-cut kind of runner.  

• Upvote 3

On 1/30/2023 at 10:50 PM, Maxman said:

Absolutely. Just glad to see him running straight now. 

They will say that he is 100% before camp. But we all know he won't be 100% until the following season. 

I looked at a lot of ACL injuries. Seems like it is a 10 month injury to start doing football stuff, which is like August 24. So a week of light practice, PUP for 4 weeks and then 2 weeks of practice when activated so he plays Game 6 or 7

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I looked at a lot of ACL injuries. Seems like it is a 10 month injury to start doing football stuff, which is like August 24. So a week of light practice, PUP for 4 weeks and then 2 weeks of practice when activated so he plays Game 6 or 7

Oh wow. I didn't think the timeline would be that bad. That stinks.

On 2/3/2023 at 9:56 AM, y2k8 said:

Does it ever hurt now?

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Does it ever hurt now?

Never. In fact I had my knee scoped 20 some years after the injury (meniscus) and the surgeon was trying to sell me on reattaching the ligament. I was like nah. I'm not going to be on crunches for weeks and weeks and months and months of rehab for something that only affects me if I do something stupid. Lived without for 20 plus years, I'm pretty sure I can live the rest of my life without it. Just smooth out the meniscus and I'm good. And I was. That was at least 15 years ago.

Edit: I should note that my meniscus tear was probably due to NOT having an ACL - crumpling over on a pivot I shouldnt have been attempting. But once you tear an ACL or MCL you can't injure it again. If you notice when these athletes tear one, after the initial pain they usually walk off the field - albeit gingerly. It just feels loose and you know you're screwed. But it doesn't hurt.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, y2k8 said:

Never. In fact I had my knee scoped 20 some years after the injury (meniscus) and the surgeon was trying to sell me on reattaching the ligament. I was like nah. I'm not going to be on crunches for weeks and weeks and months and months of rehab for something that only affects me if I do something stupid. Lived without for 20 plus years, I'm pretty sure I can live the rest of my life without it. Just smooth out the meniscus and I'm good. And I was. That was at least 15 years ago.

Edit: I should note that my meniscus tear was probably due to NOT having an ACL - crumpling over on a pivot I shouldnt have been attempting. But once you tear an ACL or MCL you can't injure it again. If you notice when these athletes tear one, after the initial pain they usually walk off the field - albeit gingerly. It just feels loose and you know you're screwed. But it doesn't hurt.

Same thing.  Tore my ACL in 1992, did not get it repaired until 2004.

Never had any issues with it unless I did something dumb like play flag football or pick up basketball.  Then, if I wasn't ultra careful with cutting and jumping, it would pop out of place and I'd crumple down in unbearable pain.  Usually within a day or two the pain would be gone.

In 2004 I really did a number on it playing softball.  I took way to big of a hack at the plate and it popped out of place again.  This time, the pain persisted for about a month before I got it checked out.  Tons of meniscus damage and I figured I might as well get the ACL fixed.

Had the surgery in November of 2004 right before Thanksgiving and I remember watching The Malice at the Palace live while confined to bed during recovery.

All in all, the repair was worth it.  Still rarely play basketball or flag football, but that mostly has to do with the fact that I'm old an lazy now.  Knee on rare occasions gives me some pain, but I probably could have done without the ACL repair if I'm being honest.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Same thing.  Tore my ACL in 1992, did not get it repaired until 2004.

Never had any issues with it unless I did something dumb like play flag football or pick up basketball.  Then, if I wasn't ultra careful with cutting and jumping, it would pop out of place and I'd crumple down in unbearable pain.  Usually within a day or two the pain would be gone.

In 2004 I really did a number on it playing softball.  I took way to big of a hack at the plate and it popped out of place again.  This time, the pain persisted for about a month before I got it checked out.  Tons of meniscus damage and I figured I might as well get the ACL fixed.

Had the surgery in November of 2004 right before Thanksgiving and I remember watching The Malice at the Palace live while confined to bed during recovery.

All in all, the repair was worth it.  Still rarely play basketball or flag football, but that mostly has to do with the fact that I'm old an lazy now.  Knee on rare occasions gives me some pain, but I probably could have done without the ACL repair if I'm being honest.

At the time I was living in Floral Park and took the LIRR into the city everyday. That was part of the reason I didn't get it reattached. Those stairs at that FP station and then dealing with Penn Station and walking to work - all on crutches, it was going to be a real pain in the ass.

I've been lucky that since they cleaned up my knee 15 years ago, I have not had any pain at all. 

Weird side note: When they showed my the images of my knee, the part of the ACL that was torn in the 80s had fused to the side of another ligament making a sort of loop by the 00s. 

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I think its worth being cautious. Roll into next season with Bam, Carter, and Robinson before handing it over to Breece on fresh legs week 7

I am curious about Robinson. Was he hurt? Were they just trying to not lose one round with that draft pick? I always liked him but he looked terrible here.

3 hours ago, y2k8 said:

That is very interesting. I always wondered about that, seeing them walk off. It gives false hope until the MRI comes through on Monday with bad news.

• Upvote 1