Not news, but the pro bowl is a joke

8 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Tyler Huntley just replaced Josh Allen in the pro bowl with these gaudy, jaw dropping stats.

4 regular season starts, 2 TD, 3 INTs, 77 rating.

lol I was gonna ask if maybe they didn't have any Pro Bowlers, so the league threw them a bone...then saw they have 6.  Maybe nobody else agreed to go on short notice?  Weird.  

3 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They did eliminate it.  Its a flag football and skills competition now.

Making the pro bowl has not been an accomplishment for years now.

Pro bowl nods used to be a legitimate factor in HOF discussions and NFL debates until suddenly they weren't. There should be some type of asterisk for any reserves making the pro bowl, not just outliers like Huntley. Not many guys can be all-pro every year and the pro bowl used to suffice as a 2nd tier form of merit.

I seem to remember reading somewhere (PFT?) that players from other teams were casting their 2nd choice votes for guys like Huntley top boost their own QB's chances of getting a Pro Bowl invite.  Rather than voting for their genuine 2nd preference, they voted for the least impressive guy on the ballot.

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

I seem to remember reading somewhere (PFT?) that players from other teams were casting their 2nd choice votes for guys like Huntley top boost their own QB's chances of getting a Pro Bowl invite.  Rather than voting for their genuine 2nd preference, they voted for the least impressive guy on the ballot.

Well maybe not the least impressive but somewhere around there