Rodgers weekly spot with Mcafee today

Rhg1084

19 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Good chance all 3 OTs go before the 13 pick (Raiders, Titans, Texans) in that situation maybe we look S, LB, or WR depending how FA shakes out.

If the thought is to trade down then why not take a crack at 2 SBs instead?

If it shakes out like that then Quentin is probably on the board and I just snatch him up, go best available OL in the 2nd.  Otherwise yeah I'd prefer to just trade down, take Simpson or maybe one of the next tier of OTs like Steen.  Still I disagree - I think there's a pretty safe bet that one of the 3 OTs will be there at 13.

Just no interest in trading a 1st+ for a 39 year old who will only be here for 2 years tops.  A couple 2nds, sure.  I'd even do our 2nd this year and a pick that could become a 1st next year based on performance.  That seems fair to me.  But no, I think we can keep the 1st this year, bring in Carr or Jimmy and still compete for 2 SBs.  I don't think the options are Rodgers or we have no chance.  

1 minute ago, bonkertons said:

If it shakes out like that then Quentin is probably on the board and I just snatch him up, go best available OL in the 2nd.  Otherwise yeah I'd prefer to just trade down, take Simpson or maybe one of the next tier of OTs like Steen.  Still I disagree - I think there's a pretty safe bet that one of the 3 OTs will be there at 13.

Just no interest in trading a 1st+ for a 39 year old who will only be here for 2 years tops.  A couple 2nds, sure.  I'd even do our 2nd this year and a pick that could become a 1st next year based on performance.  That seems fair to me.  But no, I think we can keep the 1st this year, bring in Carr or Jimmy and still compete for 2 SBs.  I don't think the options are Rodgers or we have no chance.  

I guess my point is our options will be limited and the longer we wait the more pressure we will feel to make a move. 

The value with Carr is you keep #13, the downside is his contract will be more than double Rodgers cap hit. If you want to build a team around a QB, Rodgers is actually our best option because his hits are so low.

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

I guess my point is our options will be limited and the longer we wait the more pressure we will feel to make a move. 

The value with Carr is you keep #13, the downside is his contract will be more than double Rodgers cap hit. If you want to build a team around a QB, Rodgers is actually our best option because his hits are so low.

Don't get me wrong, Rodgers is my ideal target.  I think he's the perfect bridge for competing now and carrying us over to our future QB, whether that's Zach or one of our next draft picks.  He just becomes the non-ideal target for me if his value is actually a 1st rounder. 

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Disagree. His retirement stuff is posturing/negotiating through the public. He's not leaving $110m on the table after saying he can still win another MVP. He knows he can play and wants to show the Packers up, and he'll be remunerated well for it.

Aside from threatening to retire, what other leverage ("say") does he have in where he goes?

It's just threatening to retire. That's it.

He's already said he's got no interest in going to an obvious non-contender who's starting a rebuilding process to spend his last two seasons doing that. 

How much is he going to stick to those convictions? Honestly only he knows that. But it'd seem to take a team like Houston out of the running (even if they didn't have the #2 pick). 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

i would be surprised if we have to give up 13.

the cap is fine with rodgers for 2 years then it's a disaster, right when we need to think about our young guys.

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

the cap is fine with rodgers for 2 years then it's a disaster, right when we need to think about our young guys.

You'd likely sacrifice Becton and Moore to bring in Rodgers. Everyone else has their big money kick in 2026, the year after the massive cap hit from Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Matt39 said:

What am I making up? Woody had zero experience in the business world prior to purchasing the Jets. He was given all of his money. I’m not faulting him for that, it’s great to be lucky but he’s not qualified to run a NFL football team. What CEO’s of billion dollar organizations are out there where their first job is CEO of the billion dollar company? How are we simping for Woody lol. Him having zero life experience is not made up lol. The Jets not winning isn’t by accident. 

And in your small world you have to be taught the intricacies of the business world and if not you’ll never be capable.  
He’s qualified to run a NFL team, it’s not all that hard.  Unless you’re just making it up as a way to rag the owner.  The true sign of simple fans, the owners at fault

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And in your small world you have to be taught the intricacies of the business world and if not you’ll never be capable.  
He’s qualified to run a NFL team, it’s not all that hard.  Unless you’re just making it up as a way to rag the owner.  The true sign of simple fans, the owners at fault

What makes him qualified?

11 hours ago, bonkertons said:

If we had a complete or near-complete team I'd be more open to it, although I still don't think Rodgers at this point in his career is worth a 1st.  This ain't the NHL or MLB where you're waiting 3-5 years on your 1st round pick.  In the NFL, 1st rounders are at the very least instant contributors.  Guys you can slot right into the starting lineup.  In a lot of cases, they're instantly one of your better players.  I mean look at us last year.  Sauce, G Wilson, Hall.  Imagine this team without those guys.

I think in football you should be a little more stingy with dealing 1st rounders.  In most cases I'd be willing to move our 1st(or 1st's) to solve the QB position, but Rodgers only does that for what?  1 or 2 years?  Is that really worth it, vs a pick who could be here for at least 5?  Playing on a rookie contract?  I don't think it's as big of a no-brainer as some imply.  "People seriously wouldn't trade Gholston and Calvin Pryor for one of the greatest QBs of all time?!?!?!"....yeah obviously that's not how this works.

I agree completely. The Jets are not “a qb away” from really anything. Maybe the playoffs? They still need to keep building team. Giving high picks for Rodgers would be so detrimental to the team.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, batman10023 said:

GB will want a sure thing this year I would think #13 and next year is conditional. 

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What’s so hard?  You make it sound like paying people who are qualified is all that tough. 
 What makes anyone qualified?  Who went to school taking NFL classes

Give it a break

I don’t believe you are actually being serious here.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Well he signs the checks and hires and fires everyone. He runs the organization. 

What decisions does Jamie Dimon make?

Is Jamie the chairman of jpm? That’s woody title at ny jets

the jets have a President and a chief operating officer. 

of course woody sets the direction and tone of the organization.  But I think Jamie is much more in the weeds than woody. 

8 hours ago, batman10023 said:

Is Jamie the chairman of jpm? That’s woody title at ny jets

the jets have a President and a chief operating officer. 

of course woody sets the direction and tone of the organization.  But I think Jamie is much more in the weeds than woody. 

Does Douglas report to Woody or the COO? 

11 hours ago, the Claw said:

I agree completely. The Jets are not “a qb away” from really anything. Maybe the playoffs? They still need to keep building team. Giving high picks for Rodgers would be so detrimental to the team.

The Jets won 7 games with a trio of Zach Wilson, Mike white, and Joe Flacco, what does that tell you about the strength of the surrounding roster? This outdated mindset of it takes 5+ years to build something is insane, teams jump from nothing to something all the time in the modern nfl. Aaron Rodgers and a healthy line takes this team to 11+ wins and a shot at a Super Bowl. When most of your talent is still on their rookie deals you take a big swing. 

• Post of the Week 2

46 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

The Jets won 7 games with a trio of Zach Wilson, Mike white, and Joe Flacco, what does that tell you about the strength of the surrounding roster? This outdated mindset of it takes 5+ years to build something is insane, teams jump from nothing to something all the time in the modern nfl. Aaron Rodgers and a healthy line takes this team to 11+ wins and a shot at a Super Bowl. When most of your talent is still on their rookie deals you take a big swing. 

I agree they were competitive and the team surrounding the qb position is pretty decent, but the only team they really beat was the Bills. The first half of the season was backup qb after backup qb and a miracle win against the Browns. The team is just as far from 4-13 as they are from 10-7. They have a solid core, but are not a championship team that is one qb away. 
Honestly, the mindset that what JD has done with the team in 4 years is something that every other GM in the league can do in 1 is just as insane. There might be two other teams in the league that have been as grossly mismanaged for as long as the Jets. You don’t recover from back to back catastrophic GMs like Idzik and Mac in one year.  There’s a reason that the team is in a 12 year playoff drought while the next team is at half that. 

The big swing year is ‘24 imo. Otherwise, go after Carr this year and keep building the team through the draft. Rodgers is a flame-out waiting to happen.

On 1/31/2023 at 3:11 PM, Green Truth said:

No, but to cement your legacy NY is the place to be. Enough of the clowns on this site. I get it your trying to be funny. 

As the billboard on the Westside Highway read … “Once you leave New York you have to live in America.”