Who is your first choice to come in and QB this team?

pointman

Just now, jgb said:

Carr > Rodgers if only because it puts a nail in the ZW era/error. With Rodgers, he likely gets another shot in a year or two.

Been saying this for weeks. 

Zach's path to being the starter here in 2024 is paved mostly clean with a 1 year rental of AROD

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Carr > Rodgers if only because it puts a nail in the ZW era/error. With Rodgers, he likely gets another shot in a year or two. Unfortunately I think that’s a big motivation why Rodgers is the team’s top choice.

Carr it is. The rest of it, my eyes glazed over. I love Zach with all my football heart. I want him to stay and win. And I don't care about the attention loving little person from wisconsin. Looks like he bathes with leaves off a eucalyptus tree. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Rodgers won 2 mvp awards over past 3 years. That is why he’s the top choice 

Don’t get me wrong he’d be an astronomical improvement. I also don’t believe the two first round price being thrown around. 2nd rounder with possible escalators to a first based on post season success is more what I’m thinking.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, jgb said:

Carr > Rodgers if only because it puts a nail in the ZW era/error. With Rodgers, he likely gets another shot in a year or two. Unfortunately I think that’s a big motivation why Rodgers is the team’s top choice.

Agree, but I also believe we can get Carr without nearly the same in draft compensation, if any.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Don’t get me wrong he’d be an astronomical improvement. I also don’t believe the two first round price being thrown around. 2nd rounder with possible escalators to a first based on post season success is more what I’m thinking.

I definitely don’t believe the 2 first round picks is even close to accurate. I’d even be suprised with one  considering his contract and age. My guess is a 2nd and that’s it. Maybe a conditional 3rd or something if he plays in 2024. The playoff escalators are def possible too

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Agree, but I also believe we can get Carr without nearly the same in draft compensation, if any.

Speculating that JD doesn’t want to sign Carr to a 5 year deal (I think Carr makes it to FA) and close door on BYU era. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I definitely don’t believe the 2 first round picks is even close to accurate. I’d even be suprised with one  considering his contract and age. My guess is a 2nd and that’s it. Maybe a conditional 3rd or something if he plays in 2024. The playoff escalators are def possible too

Can’t blame GB for starting high

6 minutes ago, peebag said:

There's no available FA QB that would make this a championship team so why spend the big bucks?

Derek Carr is garbage in cold weather, hasn't won a game played under 37 degrees in like 7 attempts 

I want Jimmy G, I'd bet on them signing tannehill or worse (trubisky?)

but whoever it is at qb we have not seen the last of Zach. 

• Upvote 2
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, jgb said:

Ok, one downside to A-Rod. I'll give you that. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Derek Carr is garbage in cold weather, hasn't won a game played under 37 degrees in like 7 attempts 

I want Jimmy G, I'd bet on them signing tannehill or worse (trubisky?)

but whoever it is at qb we have not seen the last of Zach. 

I just don’t see Carr as the choice. For lots of reasons. If we whiff on Rodgers and Jimmy G I’d prefer Minshew over Tannehill and Trubisky TBH.