Who is your first choice to come in and QB this team?

pointman

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

To half this forum and half the jets team this was in fact their answer until they clued in and realized who White was.

Have to belief the Mike Fin White Mania was just the only life raft available to Jets fans (and to players, for that matter) at that moment. Saw the same phenomenon with Brooks “Bollywood” Bollinger on this very board years ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Rodgers won 2 mvp awards over past 3 years. That is why he’s the top choice 

That's the optimistic way of putting it. He won the MVP after the 2020 and 2021 seasons. He was middle of the pack in 2022. I think the question is - what will he look like at age 39-40 in 2023 in a Jets uniform? 

A down year at age 39 is somewhat of a red flag, IMO. 

• Upvote 1

I would personally not trade or draft or pick up anyone and ride with the two Jabroni’s we already have and take all that cap cash and picks and keep assembling an awesome roster “around” our two Jabroni’s. But that’s just me. Not gonna lie that whoever it is I’ll try and stay positive about the upside at least until week 4 or something tho. 

I would get the “vet” back up too tho btw…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I would personally not trade or draft or pick up anyone and ride with the two Jabroni’s we already have and take all that cap cash and picks and keep assembling an awesome roster “around” our two Jabroni’s. But that’s just me. Not gonna lie that whoever it is I’ll try and stay positive about the upside at least until week 4 or something tho. 

I would get the “vet” back up too tho btw…

If JD had a contract extension in his pocket, he might agree with you.

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Derek Carr is garbage in cold weather, hasn't won a game played under 37 degrees in like 7 attempts 

I want Jimmy G, I'd bet on them signing tannehill or worse (trubisky?)

but whoever it is at qb we have not seen the last of Zach. 

What’s Jimmy Gs record in cold weather games? 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, pointman said:

I'd love to hear your opinions. Learn me, wise ones. No wrong answers except for Mike Glennon, Mike White, and that washed bum from wisconsin. 

As of today, with the caveat that things change and opinions change with it?

1. Rodgers (if cost isn't prohibitive).
2. Carr
3. Mayfield & Minshew + Draft a new developmental QB 
4. er......yeah.  Garrapolo + Draft a QB I suppose.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

That's the optimistic way of putting it. He won the MVP after the 2020 and 2021 seasons. He was middle of the pack in 2022. I think the question is - what will he look like at age 39-40 in 2023 in a Jets uniform? 

A down year at age 39 is somewhat of a red flag, IMO. 

Injured with no weapons is a good way of putting it also 

Carr > Rogers and to me its not close.

The combination of draft picks and dead cap hits once Rogers retires is simply too much for a player who isnt THAT  much better then David Carr. 

The only hope we have of really competing in the AFC against these QBs is to model our team after SF/Eagles.  We already have 1 elite WR, 2 good (im downplaying Breece due to the injury) RBs and a good set of TEs.  This is in addition to a defense that was playing very well when the offense gave them even a minute chance.

Use our early round picks on OL and Defense, put someone competent at QB and hope to play tough defense while running the ball in the cold weather next December and January.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

He won a ring riding pine in New England 

Wait does he have to participate in those games? 

Exactly. It’s pointless stating useless fun facts you heard to bring someone down if you can’t compare them to other players (who also play in the warm weather)

My first choice is Carr.  The Jets should pay a premium for him and keep their draft picks.  We can use a draft pick to find a successor in 3 years.  

In the right SF-style system, we should not need a superstar QB to make the playoffs.  

The price of a mercurial, 40 year old Rodgers is too high.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

Exactly. It’s pointless stating useless fun facts you heard it you can’t compare them to other players (who also play in the warm weather)

Before the sf playoff game in GB, Jimmy G had never started a game under 40 degrees. But Jimmy G went to college in Illinois and lived/practiced in New England for years. 

Then Jimmy G won that game, which was played in the snow. It's a bit different compared to Carr who has lost like 6 or 7 times 

Jimmy G knows the offense and won't be super expensive. Signing him also keeps new England from resigning him cause they are reported to be interested too 

Carr because the price to us is WAY cheaper both in salary and in trade picks.  Even with Carr I would continue to take shots at drafting the next QB (Hooker this year?).

Either Carr or Rogers are a rental so we need to work on what comes next even as we get ready for next season.

• Upvote 2

Just now, jgb said:

They don’t have a choice. Tag and trade at minimum

It always struck me as ridiculous how the Jets went all in on Sam Darnold and meanwhile they and 31 teams all passed on Lamar 

Malik Cunningham is shaping up to be a similar type of scouting report, the late first Rd pick from Louisville thst no one wants 

• Upvote 1