BRADY RETIRES

51 minutes ago, JetsAddict said:

Love the cast! Sally Field and Jane Fonda! 

Just a very charming heartwarming film. Reminded me a lot of Fever Pitch with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore 

Does either Sally Field or Jane Fonda flash their bosoms? 

If so, are they built for comfort or speed?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leftylarry said:

I hate to say it but the guy went to Tampa Bay, became their de facto  HC and OC and won a SB in his 40’s, first year there, I can’t stand him either but man, if he isn’t the GOAT, he’s pretty damn close, you can despise him and still admit he was a great player, not like Belicheck has continued to be unbeatable without him.

Great players but not the GOAT and cheated numerous times. On top of being a douche bag 

I didn't read through the whole thread and apologize for the repetitiveness if someone has already pointed this out. Brady played 21 seasons as a starting QB (he missed one season due to injury and did not start his rookie season). In those 21 seasons 

47.62% of Brady's seasons ended in the Super Bowl

33.33% of Brady's seasons ended with him as a Super Bowl Champion

23.81% of Brady's seasons ended with him being name Super Bowl MVP

That is astounding. Truly remarkable. What is even more astounding is that it is far less impressive than Bill Russell who started all 13 of his NBA seasons and 

92.31% of Russell's seasons ended in the Finals

84.61% of Russell's seasons ended with him as a NBA Champion

Russell won 100% of the NBA Finals MVPs he was eligible for because the Finals MVP was not a "thing" until Russell's final season in 1969.

So, when people want to talk GOAT, no one even comes close to Bill Russell. After all the entire point to playing and competing is to win the Championship and no one did it better than Bill Russell.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't begrudge him for playing until he got every last drop out of his career. I appreciated how he stayed disciplined in his training and diet and fought back father time to continue playing a game he loved and was addicted to.

Agreed.  What a career.  Even his last year would easily be the best in Jet history.

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

58 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I didn't read through the whole thread and apologize for the repetitiveness if someone has already pointed this out. Brady played 21 seasons as a starting QB (he missed one season due to injury and did not start his rookie season). In those 21 seasons 

47.62% of Brady's seasons ended in the Super Bowl

33.33% of Brady's seasons ended with him as a Super Bowl Champion

23.81% of Brady's seasons ended with him being name Super Bowl MVP

That is astounding. Truly remarkable. What is even more astounding is that it is far less impressive than Bill Russell who started all 13 of his NBA seasons and 

92.31% of Russell's seasons ended in the Finals

84.61% of Russell's seasons ended with him as a NBA Champion

Russell won 100% of the NBA Finals MVPs he was eligible for because the Finals MVP was not a "thing" until Russell's final season in 1969.

So, when people want to talk GOAT, no one even comes close to Bill Russell. After all the entire point to playing and competing is to win the Championship and no one did it better than Bill Russell.

Those crazy stats and he might've also had the longest NFL career of all time.  Certainly one of the longest.  And his numbers in his 40's are remarkable.

9 hours ago, PFSIKH said:

I wonder if through back channels he reached out to the 49ers?

It would seem like a perfect endingish of going to the hometown team.  Win a title and retire.

Excited 2018 Nfl GIF by New England Patriots

If he went to the 49ers and won, he would've doubled the # of rings that Montana won (8 to 4) and would've done it as a 49er.  That would've been quite the topper to his career.

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Mute button exists for a reason.

Turn off TV heads, turn on local radio heads. Synch as need to align.

He's going to be awful.  He's so boring in interviews and he has an annoying voice.  And we're stuck with him for 10 years minimum.