BRADY RETIRES

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How much did that Super Bowl championship in Tampa mean for his career?  To win one his first year without BB (after BB gave up on him) was incredible.  It puts his career in a different light, imo.  Kind of says "it was more TB12 than BB".  

I hope you two match on tinder and live happily ever after.

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

How much did that Super Bowl championship in Tampa mean for his career?  To win one his first year without BB (after BB gave up on him) was incredible.  It puts his career in a different light, imo.  Kind of says "it was more TB12 than BB".  

I think we all know it was a slap in the face to BB...He proved a point...it was him. It also showed that having a franchise QB is what makes HOF HC's...

So many think he messed up by returning to the Bucs....lost his wife, kids, everything. But little did you known that this was his plan all along......to retire on a private yacht in the Bahamas with a bevy of 20 yr old supermodels manning the ropes. No kids running around, no annoying wife.  

To put his plan in motion, he had to call her bluff and return to the Bucs. Worked perfectly!

His cheating losing ass can go fck himself. Montana was the best Super Bowl QB by far. 
Hate to say .. because I spouted the same crap as you for a decade.... But Montana could hold Brady's jock ... Pretty much no QB could.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Anyone see Mike on First Take today arguing he isn’t the GOAT ???

I usually despise Francesca, but he is dead on correct here. I have made the same arguments for years.  Brady was rarely the best regular season QB in any of his 23 years (other than 2007).  Manning was much better.  Brady laid some eggs in the post season as well.  Montana was the best big game QB in history (and arguments can be made for Unitas and Starr and Graham as well).  Football is a team sport.  Brady did not win 7 CBs. He was the QB of 7 teams that won the SB.  Throw in the repeated cheating of Spygate, deflated footballs and the headset issues teams always had in Foxboro.  He was the luckiest QB I have ever seen, getting break after break along the way to those 10 SB games and 7 SB wins.  :

2001 - the Tuck Rule Game.  It was a fumble and the Pats should have lost that game.  No SB vs the Rams. Then the Rams forget that they have Marshall Faulk.  Brady had a very pedestrian game.  The Pats defense won the game, not Brady.

2003 - Carolina coaching decisions and mistakes gave the Pats the win. Fox inexplicably went for 2 twice early in the 4th quarter.  If he just kicks twice, Carolina would have been winning 31-28 when Kasey kicked the kickoff out of bounds with about a minute left and the drive at the end of the game would have been to tie the game and send it into OT.  

2004 - I got nothing other than the cheating

Brady went 9 years after 2004 without winning another SB, losing at home as big favorites to Baltimore, the Jets and losing to the Jake Plummer led Broncos, mediocre Giants teams twice in the SB.  

Still.  .. Brady had good fortune on his side to get to those two SBs vs the Giants

2007 - Brady throws 3 interceptions at home vs the Chargers in the AFC Championship and win vs Rivers who plays with a torn ACL. The defense wins the game.

2011 - Lee Evans drops a sure TD in the end zone with under a minute left and the Ravens down by 3, then Cundiff misses a chip shot FG to send the game into OT. 

2014 - Baltimore is beating NE in the divisional round by 14 points in the 2nd half and Belichick starts moving linemen around so that neither Baltimore nor the officials know who is eligible and who isn't. This was also the deflated ball season.  Then Seattle has the SB won if they only hand off to Lynch on the goal line with seconds left, but no.  Again, the Pats defense wins the game, not Brady.

2015 - The Falcons give the biggest choke job in football history in the SB. If they do 1 of about 20 things differently, they don't self destruct and win the game.  

2017 - Jacksonville had a defensive fumble return TD blown dead and that is the margin of victory in the AFC title game.  Jacksonville should have played Philly in the SB

2018 - Dee Ford's finger is ruled offsides on a game ending pick by Brady, sending NE to the SB where the Pats defense wins a snoozer 13-3 vs the Rams.

2020- GB falls asleep on defense before the half and gifts TB a TD.  Then TB plays a KC team that is down 3 starting OL and they harass Mahomes all game. TB defense wins the game.

Let's add in that by playing in a horrible AFC East, Brady has more byes and home playoff games than imaginable.  If NE plays in another division, the Pats are playing more games on the road. Brady's road playoff record is about .500.

And lastly, let's not forget that teams playing the Pats had twice as many offensive holding calls than were called on NE, that every time a player breathed heavily on Brady, a roughing the passer call came, that Gronk rarely scored a TD when he didn't push off, and that Brady would have very different stats if he played in an era when receivers could be bumped and QBs could be hit.

He was a very good QB who played a long time and compiled some impressive stats.  If Mahomes plays until he is in his late 30s and stays healthy, he will break every one of Brady's records except the SB wins and appearances.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

I feel badly for him, he was obsessed with a level of recognition and meaningless fame, for what?

He essentially destroyed or diminished his peace of mind, his family and harmed his children so that he could run around with Todd Bolwes for a year?  Makes no sense to me.  He was a Very Good QB, Great but there is far more to life than that…

Always leave a year early than a year too late IMO….

Coach Bowles made him a loser, and that's pretty good.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Jolot said:

Mike was dead on here , articulated it perfectly…I agree with him. 

I love that we just forget Joe Montana lost 7 playoff games.  Brady won 3 Super Bowls after the age Joe Montana was selling underwear.  Just LOL.

I get it, though.  You get stuck on a take and you own it for life.  "Joe Montana is the GOAT, give me him for one game" is a very nice, easy, relax in your recliner and have a drink, boomer" take. 

It's an easy idea to go to your grave with rather than input new data into the moments that defined your sports watching career. 

Some day, the Brady Millennials will be bitching at the Mahomes Gen-Zs about the same thing.  And the cycle will continue.

52 minutes ago, TenYardFight said:

I love that we just forget Joe Montana lost 7 playoff games.  Brady won 3 Super Bowls after the age Joe Montana was selling underwear.  Just LOL.

I get it, though.  You get stuck on a take and you own it for life.  "Joe Montana is the GOAT, give me him for one game" is a very nice, easy, relax in your recliner and have a drink, boomer" take. 

It's an easy idea to go to your grave with rather than input new data into the moments that defined your sports watching career. 

Some day, the Brady Millennials will be bitching at the Mahomes Gen-Zs about the same thing.  And the cycle will continue.

1 hour ago, TenYardFight said:

That’s a beautiful story Hemingway . Actually though , I simply watched the clip that was posted and agreed with the take , that’s really all. 

7 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I usually despise Francesca, but he is dead on correct here. I have made the same arguments for years.  Brady was rarely the best regular season QB in any of his 23 years (other than 2007).  Manning was much better.  Brady laid some eggs in the post season as well.  Montana was the best big game QB in history (and arguments can be made for Unitas and Starr and Graham as well).  Football is a team sport.  Brady did not win 7 CBs. He was the QB of 7 teams that won the SB.  Throw in the repeated cheating of Spygate, deflated footballs and the headset issues teams always had in Foxboro.  He was the luckiest QB I have ever seen, getting break after break along the way to those 10 SB games and 7 SB wins.  :

2001 - the Tuck Rule Game.  It was a fumble and the Pats should have lost that game.  No SB vs the Rams. Then the Rams forget that they have Marshall Faulk.  Brady had a very pedestrian game.  The Pats defense won the game, not Brady.

2003 - Carolina coaching decisions and mistakes gave the Pats the win. Fox inexplicably went for 2 twice early in the 4th quarter.  If he just kicks twice, Carolina would have been winning 31-28 when Kasey kicked the kickoff out of bounds with about a minute left and the drive at the end of the game would have been to tie the game and send it into OT.  

2004 - I got nothing other than the cheating

Brady went 9 years after 2004 without winning another SB, losing at home as big favorites to Baltimore, the Jets and losing to the Jake Plummer led Broncos, mediocre Giants teams twice in the SB.  

Still.  .. Brady had good fortune on his side to get to those two SBs vs the Giants

2007 - Brady throws 3 interceptions at home vs the Chargers in the AFC Championship and win vs Rivers who plays with a torn ACL. The defense wins the game.

2011 - Lee Evans drops a sure TD in the end zone with under a minute left and the Ravens down by 3, then Cundiff misses a chip shot FG to send the game into OT. 

2014 - Baltimore is beating NE in the divisional round by 14 points in the 2nd half and Belichick starts moving linemen around so that neither Baltimore nor the officials know who is eligible and who isn't. This was also the deflated ball season.  Then Seattle has the SB won if they only hand off to Lynch on the goal line with seconds left, but no.  Again, the Pats defense wins the game, not Brady.

2015 - The Falcons give the biggest choke job in football history in the SB. If they do 1 of about 20 things differently, they don't self destruct and win the game.  

2017 - Jacksonville had a defensive fumble return TD blown dead and that is the margin of victory in the AFC title game.  Jacksonville should have played Philly in the SB

2018 - Dee Ford's finger is ruled offsides on a game ending pick by Brady, sending NE to the SB where the Pats defense wins a snoozer 13-3 vs the Rams.

2020- GB falls asleep on defense before the half and gifts TB a TD.  Then TB plays a KC team that is down 3 starting OL and they harass Mahomes all game. TB defense wins the game.

Let's add in that by playing in a horrible AFC East, Brady has more byes and home playoff games than imaginable.  If NE plays in another division, the Pats are playing more games on the road. Brady's road playoff record is about .500.

And lastly, let's not forget that teams playing the Pats had twice as many offensive holding calls than were called on NE, that every time a player breathed heavily on Brady, a roughing the passer call came, that Gronk rarely scored a TD when he didn't push off, and that Brady would have very different stats if he played in an era when receivers could be bumped and QBs could be hit.

He was a very good QB who played a long time and compiled some impressive stats.  If Mahomes plays until he is in his late 30s and stays healthy, he will break every one of Brady's records except the SB wins and appearances.

Manning is the Greg Norman of football.  Name a greater player at his level who choked as often.  You forgot to disparage Brady by saying the lowly Jets beat him in 2010.  He is the GOAT.  He leads or is at the top in almost every category. 

Like talking about Babe Ruth. Find a list where Ruth isn't named greatest player of all time. They don't exist.

I can't find a list where Brady isn't #1 QB of all time.  Im sure one exists. BUT 95 percent say Brady.

• More Ugh 1