Are the Raiders the Jets biggest threat for A. Rodgers?? - D. Adams would like a word

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-news-and-rumors-jets-raiders-aaron-rodgers/

During Shrine Bowl week, a source told PFN that receiver Davante Adams is lobbying hard to bring Rodgers to the Raiders. That was further confirmed this week. People also believe Rodgers would play the Jets against the Raiders to procure a better deal for himself. 

In fact, one source said that general manager Joe Douglas is admitting to people in the league the franchise will go all out in the attempt to bring Rodgers to Gang Green. And it only makes sense.

Season 4 No GIF by The Office

• Sympathy 1

Based on countless offseason reports of Mark Davis not exactly having a on of liquidity - I just cannot see how he forks up the $60mm of cash. 

Also outside of Devante Adams why would Rodgers want to go to the Raiders? McDaniels is a dick. The team is in the toughest division in football. Carr was solid last year (similar numbers to Rodgers albeit Carr had better weapons) and they won six games...

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Guys....we all know this isn't happening right? Jets will get pulled along the whole time for a better deal. He'll get traded to the Raiders. 

It'll come out Douglas had this great big offer but he ultimately chose Raiders (Just like Tyreek Hill). Thus ending with the Jets being laughed at....again. 

Oh and throw on top of that, you'll see so many LOL's that we didn't learn from Denver with signing Hackett and ended up empty handed just like them. 

This is the way. 

End this thread right here. This is the way. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

Guys....we all know this isn't happening right? Jets will get pulled along the whole time for a better deal. He'll get traded to the Raiders. 
It'll come out Douglas had this great big offer but he ultimately chose Raiders (Just like Tyreek Hill). Thus ending with the Jets being laughed at....again. 
Oh and throw on top of that, you'll see so many LOL's that we didn't learn from Denver with signing Hackett and ended up empty handed just like them. 
This is the way. 

This guy gets it ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

i think if AR was smart, he'd see the Jets as his best chance to make the playoffs.  The AFCW has Mahomes, Herbert and the newly minted Payton in Denver.  The jets showed last year that they can hang around without a QB and injuries to starting RB and like 4 offensive linemen.  They split with the bills and phins with mike white and zach wilson and should have beaten the pats 2 times.  IMO the supporting cast in NY, outside of Adams, is much better than Oakland.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Based on countless offseason reports of Mark Davis not exactly having a on of liquidity - I just cannot see how he forks up the $60mm of cash. 

Also outside of Devante Adams why would Rodgers want to go to the Raiders? McDaniels is a dick. The team is in the toughest division in football. Carr was solid last year (similar numbers to Rodgers albeit Carr had better weapons) and they won six games...

You don't understand the salary cap. This isn't baseball. If the Raiders don't have enough cash to pay their annual player salaries, which would include Rodgers $60 million, and is basically the same annual amount every NFL pays its players, then they have real problems.  I doubt this is the case. Rodgers wouldn't be off the books and paid from Davis' slush fund.

7 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If the trade compensation for Rodgers, which I heard today as the 2023 1st, 2024 1st and E. Moore, I say let the Raiders have him.  I would not give one 1st for him, let alone 2 firsts and a starting player.  He's 39, not 29.  Let's stop this foolishness please.  The Jets are building a football team, not filling an assisted living facility.   

Where did you hear that? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

If the trade compensation for Rodgers, which I heard today as the 2023 1st, 2024 1st and E. Moore, I say let the Raiders have him.  I would not give one 1st for him, let alone 2 firsts and a starting player.  He's 39, not 29.  Let's stop this foolishness please.  The Jets are building a football team, not filling an assisted living facility.   

if that's a potential deal then i say no.  Moore isn't a deal breaker, the 2 first rounders are.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

Where did you hear that? 

I read is somewhere in The Athletic. I can't find it now.  Still, I wouldn't give a single 1st for him. I don't even want to pay him $60 million standing alone.  I think he's declining and is an average QB and doesn't deserve to be paid for past performance.  

• Upvote 4

Other than D. Adams wanting to play with Rodgers again, I don't see how this makes sense. I mean, of course it could happen. I just don't see how suddenly it makes any more sense for him to go to the Raiders than the Jets- or a number of other team for that matter. 

1. Contracts can always be re-worked. I'm not super concerned about cap space. Raiders may have more cap space but the Jets are not exactly in 'cap hell' either. 

2. Raiders have better draft capital but Rodgers won't cost THAT much anyway. If the Raiders are willing to give up the 7th overall pick, they can have him! He is a 2 year rental at most, IMO. I'm not concerned with JD getting into a bidding war with the Raiders. If we've learned one thing its that JD knows what he is willing to give up and he will not be forced to cross that line. In other words, if the Jets have to give up the 13th pick + their 2nd rounder b/c the Raiders are wiling to give up the 7th overall pick. NO THANKS!    

3. Maybe Rodgers wants to play in warm weather. But I doubt he's desperate to play in warm weather. Why? Because he played in the frozen tundra for 18 years and did pretty damn well for himself. Don't think this will be a 'deal-breaker'.  

4. I know some may disagree, but Rodgers strikes me as the kind of d**k-head who wants to win at all cost. I don't see him coming here and tarnishing his legacy to 'collect a paycheck' before he retires. He doesn't need the money. The Packers haven't been relevant in a long time and Rodgers just want to win. The Jets are a much better team than the Raiders as they are constructed sans QB- thereby making Rodgers a much better fit. I'm sure he knows that if he comes to the Jets, he makes them playoff caliber immediately with one of the best defenses in football. Going to the Raiders he is essentially replacing a good QB with a good QB (himself). Until the Raiders make some serious changes to the defense, they are not in a better position to compete than the Jets.     

8 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I read is somewhere in The Athletic. I can't find it now.  Still, I wouldn't give a single 1st for him. I don't even want to pay him $60 million standing alone.  I think he's declining and is an average QB and doesn't deserve to be paid for past performance.  

I wouldn't have a problem with his salary, but definitely have a problem giving up our future for an old QB with at most 2 seasons left. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Where did you hear that? 

It was leaked that GB wanted two 1st rounders minimum for Rodgers. This is true. This also doesn't mean much lmfao. They can ask for the moon. The market will dictate what they actually end up with. Unless there is a massive bidding war I just don't see ANY team forking over that kind of draft capital for a 39yr old player who is almost certain to retire. Even as good as Rodgers. 

And yes, if this is what they are asking for Rodgers, JD will walk away and let him rot in LV. 

People compare this to the Tyreek Hill trade. Its not that. Hill was arguably still in the prime of his career coming off a SB appearance (if I am not mistaken). There WAS a bidding war for him. And he ended up going to Miami for (arguably) LESS than what we are talking about here for Rodgers.    

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

You don't understand the salary cap. This isn't baseball. If the Raiders don't have enough cash to pay their annual player salaries, which would include Rodgers $60 million, and is basically the same annual amount every NFL pays its players, then they have real problems.  I doubt this is the case. Rodgers wouldn't be off the books and paid from Davis' slush fund.

The issue is the contract is put in escrow

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

"In fact, one source said that general manager Joe Douglas is admitting to people in the league the franchise will go all out in the attempt to bring Rodgers to Gang Green. And it only makes sense."

I read this "fact" and determined...that's a lie. (said in my best Maury voice).

No way is Joe Douglas walking around telling insiders that he is ready to go all out. lol.

Yeah seemed kinda questionable to me as well to kill his leverage. Also wouldn’t be like Joe at all generally speaking, he’s usually pretty guarded.

Then again, our idiot owner already said out loud he’d spend anything to get a qb…

• Upvote 2