Are the Raiders the Jets biggest threat for A. Rodgers?? - D. Adams would like a word

12 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

* He can blow up any trade by mentioning retirement

This is the one thing I'm not afraid of. Rodgers has made $300m over an 18 year career, he's not leaving an additional $110m over the next 2 years. Rodgers will be playing, just a matter of where.

The Jets play a game in Vegas this year, let's renegotiate his contact so his bonus gets paid the week we play them! That would be a shift kick to the nuts lol

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Btw you don’t want D Carr for one reason he’s terrible when weather gets under 30 degrees - never won a game yet .   Carr can win a Super Bowl but will have to be a team with done, or warm weather . 

Guy plays 7 games over 9 years for a team that had been historically bad, don't read much into it.

Sub 36 degree games generally happen late into the season. NFL teams with nothing to play for late, generally lose. That may even look worse if your defense was no better than 20th.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

So Rodgers is going to the Raiders because he wants to be with the WR who left him high and dry by running out of GB to play with Carr?

Yes there are occasions we agree, the only thing that gives me pause if he indeed did by a house in Vegas. Not sure if this has been confirmed.

33 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

You realize this reporter is a nobody.

You realize that every one of these predictions are totally meaningless and faceless?

Especially the one from a certain Raider fan talking about how they’re loaded and a wonderful target 

Edited by Jet Nut
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Is there proof Aaron Rodgers recently bought a house in Las Vegas or is @Raideraholic talking out his silver and black arse? 

Of course not.  When did Adams give his one word tweet asking Rodgers to come to LV Thursday or Friday and Rodgers ran out and bought a house over the weekend?  Because he had to have a house now?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

A Rodgers will be a Raider

So you are back?  Was I right in my prediction for the 2022 Raiduhs?  You told us more than once they were a lock to be playoff bound with a sure winning season ahead.  Same as you have done in most off seasons.  I told you 5-12 or 6-11, at best, and that was generous.  Your off season boasting about how well the dopey Raiduhs will do yet again sh*t the bed.  You are wrong every single year about almost everything.  Never heard, "well I was wrong again" from you, troll.  

p.s.  if you had any balls at all you would have been here during Nov, Dec while the Raiders were headed for the cesspool.  

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, TommyT said:

The Raiders 2023 starting qb will be……drum roll….Jarrett Stidham.

The dope might actually be right about this one.  But he has been repeatedly and notoriously wrong just about everything and that's going back to his constant trolling in the defunct JI under his 90210 name.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

This is the one thing I'm not afraid of. Rodgers has made $300m over an 18 year career, he's not leaving an additional $110m over the next 2 years. Rodgers will be playing, just a matter of where.

The Jets play a game in Vegas this year, let's renegotiate his contact so his bonus gets paid the week we play them! That would be a shift kick to the nuts lol

by you mentioning he's made 300M makes me think he's more apt to retire.  that's why the compensation in a trade isn't going to be as high as people think.  the jets, nor any other team IMO, will be giving up multiple 1st round picks for a guy that might retire after this year.

18 minutes ago, heymangold said:

by you mentioning he's made 300M makes me think he's more apt to retire.  that's why the compensation in a trade isn't going to be as high as people think.  the jets, nor any other team IMO, will be giving up multiple 1st round picks for a guy that might retire after this year.

He's getting offered more money than anyone has ever been paid for 2 years of QB, regardless of how he performs. I'd be absolutely floored if he turned down making 25% of his career earnings in 2 years

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, Dcat said:

The dope might actually be right about this one.  But he has been repeatedly and notoriously wrong just about everything and that's going back to his constant trolling in the defunct JI under his 90210 name.

Excuse me? I am not 90210.

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

A Rodgers will be a Raider( don’t want him ) but the deal is done already.   Facts A Rodgers just recently bought a house in Vegas in the same neighborhood as Devante Adams .( last year Adams bought one right next to Carr well before the trade was made.     Devante Adams knows he will be a Raider.  ( Mcdaniels hinting it too) 
Raiders despite all their injuries on offense last year( no Waller and Hunter Renfrow ) they blew more double digit leads in the second half .   They should easily been a playoff team if not for some really bad coaching decisions . They got so conservative on offense in the second half.  

The draft compensation for A Rodgers isn’t going to be what you expect . A Rodgers has fully guarantee contract the Packers are screwed if he retires or comes back .  ( doesn’t want to be there). He has the Packers by the balls. Yes the Raiders  need work on defense but with eleven draft picks and Fa ( who wouldn’t want to play with Rodgers, one top Wr ( D Adams) and the leading NFL Rb Josh Jacobs .   Raiders do have some nice pieces on defense they just need a lot more help on that side .    ( still need a Rt on offense, real number 2 Wr. ) 

With A Rodgers and their offensive weapons healthy  they can compete with any team in the AFC or the nfl .     But what this is a two year window at best , and a Rodgers is an ahole .   Can’t stand his politics or the man but unfortunately will be a Raider  next  year.   Done deal.     

Btw you don’t want D Carr for one reason he’s terrible when weather gets under 30 degrees - never won a game yet .   Carr can win a Super Bowl but will have to be a team with done, or warm weather . 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Rodgers will go to the Raiders, if the compensation is good enough for the Packers to make the deal, Rodgers and The Packers probably have a list of teams, they are both Ok with him going to.

The Raiders will not be in the playoffs anytime soon. Jacobs will be gone and McDaniels is terrible. The defense is not good. The Raiders will be mediocre at best. They will never win the division as long as Reid and Mahomes are in it.

If ARod wants the Raiders to play with his old running mate, then so be it.

I just don't see a team that is not going to be good anytime soon, giving up the future for a 2 year rental for mediocrity.

Oh well, it is a waiting game at this point. Fingers crossed.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

A Rodgers will be a Raider( don’t want him ) but the deal is done already.   Facts A Rodgers just recently bought a house in Vegas in the same neighborhood as Devante Adams .( last year Adams bought one right next to Carr well before the trade was made.     Devante Adams knows he will be a Raider.  ( Mcdaniels hinting it too) 
Raiders despite all their injuries on offense last year( no Waller and Hunter Renfrow ) they blew more double digit leads in the second half .   They should easily been a playoff team if not for some really bad coaching decisions . They got so conservative on offense in the second half.  

The draft compensation for A Rodgers isn’t going to be what you expect . A Rodgers has fully guarantee contract the Packers are screwed if he retires or comes back .  ( doesn’t want to be there). He has the Packers by the balls. Yes the Raiders  need work on defense but with eleven draft picks and Fa ( who wouldn’t want to play with Rodgers, one top Wr ( D Adams) and the leading NFL Rb Josh Jacobs .   Raiders do have some nice pieces on defense they just need a lot more help on that side .    ( still need a Rt on offense, real number 2 Wr. ) 

With A Rodgers and their offensive weapons healthy  they can compete with any team in the AFC or the nfl .     But what this is a two year window at best , and a Rodgers is an ahole .   Can’t stand his politics or the man but unfortunately will be a Raider  next  year.   Done deal.     

Makes me really believe he's going to the Jets. Has this kid ever been right about ANYTHING?

Hey guy, can you clarify for me... the Raiders would've been in the Super Bowl hunt if it weren't for conservative coaching, bad defense and a QB that can't win cold games... was that all? Seems like they're really close.

• Haha 1

On 2/2/2023 at 9:03 AM, Zachtomims47 said:

Guys....we all know this isn't happening right? Jets will get pulled along the whole time for a better deal. He'll get traded to the Raiders. 

It'll come out Douglas had this great big offer but he ultimately chose Raiders (Just like Tyreek Hill). Thus ending with the Jets being laughed at....again. 

Oh and throw on top of that, you'll see so many LOL's that we didn't learn from Denver with signing Hackett and ended up empty handed just like them. 

This is the way. 

Not empty handed at all. I think we end up with Russ

• More Ugh 1

21 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

https://overthecap.com/player/aaron-rodgers/1085

• He makes $59.5MM next season. $58.3MM of that is new option bonus money. $1.65MM is salary (~$70K/week) and $50K in workout bonus.  
  • The year after that it's very similar except his salary is ~$1MM more and "only" $47MM is yet another option bonus.

Total option bonus = $105.3MM + $0.1MM workout bonus = $105.4MM in bonus money = paid in his team's state.

$3.5MM is in salary. Half of that - for home games - is taxed the same as bonus, in that it's also paid in his team's home state.

So something like:

• $1.76MM will be spread among 17 road games over the next 2 seasons
  •  $107.16MM paid (and taxed) in his home state: 98% of that is in bonus money; the other 2% as salary.

Sum = he pays an additional 8 figures in state income taxes if he plays for the Jets (among other higher-tax states) instead of the Raiders (or teams in FL, TX, WA, and I think TN; none of which tax wages). 

21 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

https://overthecap.com/player/aaron-rodgers/1085

• He makes $59.5MM next season. $58.3MM of that is new option bonus money. $1.65MM is salary (~$70K/week) and $50K in workout bonus.  
  • The year after that it's very similar except his salary is ~$1MM more and "only" $47MM is yet another option bonus.

Total option bonus = $105.3MM + $0.1MM workout bonus = $105.4MM in bonus money = paid in his team's state.

$3.5MM is in salary. Half of that - for home games - is taxed the same as bonus, in that it's also paid in his team's home state.

So something like:

• $1.76MM will be spread among 17 road games over the next 2 seasons
  •  $107.16MM paid (and taxed) in his home state: 98% of that is in bonus money; the other 2% as salary.

Sum = he pays an additional 8 figures in state income taxes if he plays for the Jets (among other higher-tax states) instead of the Raiders (or teams in FL, TX, WA, and I think TN; none of which tax wages). 

this was the bolded part

98% of his compensation for the next 2 seasons is due via a lump bonus check each year, so essentially ALL of it is subject to his team's state taxes. 

do you have proof or anywhere we can confirm that he has to pay state taxes on all of his (98%) compensation?    this doesn't seem right.  thanks.

6 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Guy plays 7 games over 9 years for a team that had been historically bad, don't read much into it.

Sub 36 degree games generally happen late into the season. NFL teams with nothing to play for late, generally lose. That may even look worse if your defense was no better than 20th.

I did a small perusal of these cold weather games of Carr.  One was at Pitt this year, another was at Cincy in last years playoffs.

Of the remaining 5 games, 2 of them were against the eventual Super Bowl champs (eagles and chiefs) and another against the chiefs (Super Bowl runner up).

So all in all, 3/7 games were against a Super Bowl participant.

• Upvote 1

Cold weather games and stats are a total almost 100% non issue.

For one thing cold weather games are rare and for another thing it means almost nothing.  Cold weather Buffalo got chunked by Cincy. 

One of the very least meaningful stats to look at when looking for a QB. 

• Upvote 1