Are the Raiders the Jets biggest threat for A. Rodgers?? - D. Adams would like a word

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Wrong again 

I hacked and watched around 10 Greenbay games last season, and if he played like that with broken thumb on this throwing hand, sign me up.

I’ll take my chances on a dude 1 year removed from back to back mvps and a future HOF vs the career JAG.

I can’t believe this needs to be explained and stop playing the fence these are the dudes available wtf do you want??????

Totally agree.

I've read Aaron Rodger's stats last season would have been 5th best ever in Jets history. He had a broken thumb for most of the year.

I'd say he's checked out of Green Bay, hoping he ends up here with Garrett and Breece. We know Rodgers can play in cold weather.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, oatmeal said:

Yeah from your sad jet fan perspective, the goal is Superbowls, idk why everyone forgets this and that franchise has O. 

lmao jet fans begging for participation trophies aka “we made the playoffs and lost”

Little known fact about Superbowls - you have to make it to the playoffs to get there.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Little known fact about Superbowls - you have to make it to the playoffs to get there.

Yes but I’m taking about the Vikings, a team with O Superbowls who constantly make the playoffs. Imo that’s worst than completely sucking because with sucking there’s hope with the high value, top of the draft, picks. 

^^^ Do you understand now?????????????

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

yea yea - we've had all the shots at these type of guys for a decade. It's going great.

Except we actually haven't because we never tanked properly.  We were 2 losses away from Trevor Lawrence.  Just 2. 

We miss out on the top prospects all the time and then convince ourselves a 2nd/3rd-tier guy (like Sanchez/Hackenberg/Wilson) really is elite and over-draft them.  Or are forced to take a DT or something. 

The Jets have constantly been in purgatory and this is a big reason why.  You have to actually bottom out to get there but Woody Johnson thinks 4-12 >>> 1-15 so we didn't.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Except we actually haven't because we never tanked properly.  We were 2 losses away from Trevor Lawrence.  Just 2. 

We miss out on the top prospects all the time and then convince ourselves a 2nd/3rd-tier guy (like Sanchez/Hackenberg/Wilson) really is elite and over-draft them.

ah yes, even better. The only 2 acceptable NFL seasons are Superbowl or 1st overall pick. If you are in between it's purgatory and the worst thing eva.

4 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Yes but I’m taking about the Vikings, a team with O Superbowls who constantly make the playoffs. Imo that’s worst than completely sucking because with sucking there’s hope with the high value, top of the draft, picks. 

^^^ Do you understand now?????????????

I’d rather make the playoffs every year and have a shot at the Super Bowl than not making the playoffs for 12 years in a row and never having a shot at the Super Bowl.

Who cares about high draft picks? We picked 2 qbs with top 3 picks in the draft within a 3 year span and both have sucked ball sack

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Now you're getting it.  The NFL has become the NBA.  Thank Roger Goodell for that.

So I guess getting Aaron Rodgers is a waste too. According to your criteria he's been a failure for longer than Cousins has been a Viking. Doesn't matter what we do at QB for that matter. With Zach Wilson the team is too talented to get the #1 overall pick. 

We're doomed!

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So I guess getting Aaron Rodgers is a waste too. According to your criteria he's been a failure for longer than Cousins has been a Viking.

Consistently getting your franchise home playoff games and being in the running for the title is a success in my book and not in the same category as Cousins.  From 2019-2021 the Rodgers-led Packers won 13 games each season.  They won the division with ease all 3 seasons and reached the NFC Title game in 2 of them.

Cousins, meanwhile, has won 1 playoff game in 5 years and missed the playoffs in 3 of them. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Consistently getting your franchise home playoff games and being in the running for the title is a success in my book and not in the same category as Cousins.  From 2019-2021 the Rodgers-led Packers won 13 games each season.  They won the division with ease all 3 seasons and reached the NFC Title game in 2 of them.

Cousins, meanwhile, has won 1 playoff game in 5 years and missed the playoffs in 3 of them. 

And the Packers have won a whopping 2 playoff games in that time. What happened to Superbowl or bust? Seems like goalposts are moving here.

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

And the Packers have won a whopping 2 playoff games in that time. What happened to Superbowl or bust? Seems like goalposts are moving here.

The Jets haven't hosted a playoff game since 2002.  The only 2 QB's potentially on the market that I believe can get us there and potentially beyond are Lamar Jackson or Aaron Rodgers.  Thus, those are the only ones on my wishlist among the expensive options out there.

Derek Carr is a $40M+ QB who will get you WC exits for the next 3 years.  No thanks.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I’d rather make the playoffs every year and have a shot at the Super Bowl than not making the playoffs for 12 years in a row and never having a shot at the Super Bowl.

Except Kirk Cousins neither makes the playoffs every year (he's 2 for 5 in Minnesota) nor gives you much of a shot at a SB.  Carr is in a similar category.

Obviously either option would be superior than throwing Zach Wilson back out there but if we can do better, we should at least try.  

2 hours ago, oatmeal said:

There are different packers games broadcasted out there guess, not sure why this even matters 2023 BUT why they hell are you paying for Sunday ticket? 

And 

like I said stop being a coward, which QB would you like ? Put your name on someone

To watch the jets in greenbay is prob way paying for it!

If Rogers doesn't stay with the Packers, I think he'll wind up on an NFC team, not the Jets. Same with Lamar. 

Carr I'm not sure about, but I'm leaning towards he's going to the NFC, too. 

The AFC championship is going through KC, Cincy and Buffalo into the foreseeable future. If a QB wants a crack at a SB ring, your chances are better in the NFC.

2 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

If Rogers doesn't stay with the Packers, I think he'll wind up on an NFC team, not the Jets. Same with Lamar. 

Carr I'm not sure about, but I'm leaning towards he's going to the NFC, too. 

The AFC championship is going through KC, Cincy and Buffalo into the foreseeable future. If a QB wants a crack at a SB ring, your chances are better in the NFC.

If greenbay is truly torn with keeping Rodgers no way they will trade him to the nfc, they will tell him the same thing they told farve, afc or retire 

14 hours ago, oatmeal said:

If greenbay is truly torn with keeping Rodgers no way they will trade him to the nfc, they will tell him the same thing they told farve, afc or retire 

If Atlanta or Carolina make a solid offer, Green Bay will do it. Rogers would dominate that division.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 11:58 AM, T0mShane said:

Aaron Rodgers is going to wake up in about two weeks, around 2pm, and decide where he wants to play football while brushing his teeth. Anything he says or does before that moment in time is stage dressing. 

Bumping this thread and let's start with this, we need to just tip our hats to Tom. Seriously it's his world and we're just living in it. He called it.

On 2/6/2023 at 6:36 AM, Raideraholic said:

A Rodgers will be a Raider( don’t want him ) but the deal is done already.   Facts A Rodgers just recently bought a house in Vegas in the same neighborhood as Devante Adams .( last year Adams bought one right next to Carr well before the trade was made.     Devante Adams knows he will be a Raider.  ( Mcdaniels hinting it too) 
Raiders despite all their injuries on offense last year( no Waller and Hunter Renfrow ) they blew more double digit leads in the second half .   They should easily been a playoff team if not for some really bad coaching decisions . They got so conservative on offense in the second half.  

The draft compensation for A Rodgers isn’t going to be what you expect . A Rodgers has fully guarantee contract the Packers are screwed if he retires or comes back .  ( doesn’t want to be there). He has the Packers by the balls. Yes the Raiders  need work on defense but with eleven draft picks and Fa ( who wouldn’t want to play with Rodgers, one top Wr ( D Adams) and the leading NFL Rb Josh Jacobs .   Raiders do have some nice pieces on defense they just need a lot more help on that side .    ( still need a Rt on offense, real number 2 Wr. ) 

With A Rodgers and their offensive weapons healthy  they can compete with any team in the AFC or the nfl .     But what this is a two year window at best , and a Rodgers is an ahole .   Can’t stand his politics or the man but unfortunately will be a Raider  next  year.   Done deal.     

Btw you don’t want D Carr for one reason he’s terrible when weather gets under 30 degrees - never won a game yet .   Carr can win a Super Bowl but will have to be a team with done, or warm weather . 

Have to bump this one as well. When I was coaching my son's t-ball team they told us not to keep score. I always kept score.

• Sympathy 1